Movie Trailers: Kick-Ass 2 - Red Band Trailer

Kick-Ass 2 - Red Band Trailer

Kick-Ass returns for all of the ass kicking.

Watch Video

I almost didn't recognise Jim Carrey.

I would watch this. I loved Kick-Ass 1.

But I read the reviews for Kick-Ass 2 Graphic Novel which mentions uncomfortable events.
I will wait and see what the reviews (ok, MovieBob) say about Kick Ass 2 before watching.

Yay, nevermind what I first said just checked and did well enough. =p

scw55:

But I read the reviews for Kick-Ass 2 Graphic Novel which mentions uncomfortable events.
I will wait and see what the reviews (ok, MovieBob) say about Kick Ass 2 before watching.

There's one horrible rape scene in the comic, but Millar said it wasn't gonna be in the movie.
So it should be safe to watch.

I was wondering why Carrey had worked out so much just for "Burt Wonderstone" then I saw this trailer and it suddenly made sense.

Can't wait to see it!

The movie... not Carrey's physique.

I have to admit that Im confliceted about this, the first one derivered from the comic book in the third act into bananas and happy ending that Im not sure how the KickAss2 can take from the second book if at all, or it will be continuation of the happy awesome all around feast - cause I might like it if I were to watch it with that in mind.

The first Kick Ass struck a fine balance between Watchmen-style gritty realism/seriousness and comic/humorous tones. I hope this one does better...Nicolas Cage did an awesome job as Big Daddy in the first film, will Jim Carrey be able to continue the "older badass" role?

Thank god they took the rape scene out. I just would not have worked in this movie.

Do want.

Looks stupid, then again the trailer for the first movie looked stupid too and it turned out to be awesome so I'm game.

Saw the trailer........

Frankly, it feels. Insipid, bland it doesn't seem to catch the spirit of the books (which, ranted, i didn't even read until AFTER i saw the first movie)but more importantly it just seems, pale, in comparison to the first one. It's as though the got caught up in making another hit that they forgot what made the first one work.

But i'll still see it, i'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Even though i know how it'll end, i get to see The cable guy sic a dog on mr changs crotch.

Hey Jimmy! You're wearing the wrong Mask!

I seriously didn't recognize Jim Carrey untill that title card that said his name.

Well done.

If this is actually based on the comic version then that's me lost as a customer. Just reading the synopsis on wikipedia was enough to get me shaking my head in disbelief.

I forgot how good Jim Carey actually could be as a character actor.

I hated the first movie, but this one looks okay.

It doesn't capture the same tone as the comics, the comics man kick-ass 2 really was dark. Still hitgirl is awesome I'll likely see it on netflix or something.

Bucht:

scw55:

There's one horrible rape scene in the comic, but Millar said it wasn't gonna be in the movie.

The article I read said it was going to be in:

"Every horrible scene in the book will be in the film. The c**t line in the first one, everybody said 'there's no way you're getting that in the movie', but it happened and it's the same thing with this. Everybody is saying 'you can't have a gang rape scene with supervillains' and 'you can't have the dog's head cut off', but every single one of those scenes will go in it."

http://www.followingthenerd.com/ftn_news/kick-ass-2-will-have-gang-rape-scene-says-millar/

Did I miss an update?

Hence fort I'll be know as: The MotherFucker! LOL I don't know why that cracks me up.

Desert Punk:

Bucht:

scw55:

"Every horrible scene in the book will be in the film. The c**t line in the first one, everybody said 'there's no way you're getting that in the movie', but it happened and it's the same thing with this. Everybody is saying 'you can't have a gang rape scene with supervillains' and 'you can't have the dog's head cut off', but every single one of those scenes will go in it."

http://www.followingthenerd.com/ftn_news/kick-ass-2-will-have-gang-rape-scene-says-millar/

Did I miss an update?

Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Red Mist/The Motherfucker) said that it would be in it.

http://screenrant.com/kick-ass-2-movie-rape-scene-johnh-187659/

I think its for the best. I don't think it would have worked for the movie.

Desert Punk:

Bucht:

scw55:

Did I miss an update?

Wait wait wait, they're having every nasty scene from the book in the film? Even the bit where:

I kind of assumed that Kick-Ass 2 was originally written just as a challenge after they made a film out of the first book. It doesn't even make much sense, since they basically cut all the stuff that actually showed Red Mist as a villain out of the first film, so how the heck are they going to turn him into the complete psychotic he is in the second one?

a) On the age verification... When I registered an account on the Escapist, I gave you my birth date. Why do I keep having to go through with this stuff? To quote House, " Why do they bother putting age restrictions on these things when all you have to do is click "Yes, I am 18"? Even a 17 year old can figure it out."

b) That was Jim Carrey? You sure? Really? Wow...

Geo Da Sponge:

Desert Punk:

Bucht:

Did I miss an update?

Wait wait wait, they're having every nasty scene from the book in the film? Even the bit where:

I kind of assumed that Kick-Ass 2 was originally written just as a challenge after they made a film out of the first book. It doesn't even make much sense, since they basically cut all the stuff that actually showed Red Mist as a villain out of the first film, so how the heck are they going to turn him into the complete psychotic he is in the second one?

Probably the whole "You killed my father!" thing.

Geo Da Sponge:

I'd imagine no, due to fairly recent events.

In addition to that, I heard that they weren't going to have the gang rape and the beheadings. But now they are? 'It won't work without it'? My ass it won't! You can just have them shot instead of beheaded, and just badly roughed up instead of gang raped. If you can change core aspects of Kick-Ass 1 (the guy who claimed to have a superhero origin backstory but was really just a nerd really *does* have a superhero origin backstory now! And how the hero doesn't get the girl? Fuck that, he *does* get the girl now, and all his friends get girls too! Awesomesauce brah!).

Also, I love how they're really macking up how Stars & Stripes in in this.

Spoiler: he get's killed early on.

Or is this one of those core story aspects that can be changed?

So yeah, didn't like the first movie, doubt I'll like this one since I didn't really care for the second comic.

I can't wait to see this movie. Although it's not made by the same director or scriptwriter, the trailer looks like it's going to be very similar to the first one in style.

After seeing Jim Carrey's name pop up at the end I went like "What? Nooo,where?" then rewatched it and noticed him barely with that mask on or whatever make up was that.

Huh... I want to be cautiously optimistic but... I dunno, it seems like it's going in the juvenile direction...

This only has has 28 post's,WHY DOES IT ONLY HAVE 28 POST'S come on people contribute to the discussion why don't chya.

Holy crap the sequel is out this soon? Cant wait to see it and looks like it will be even funnier than the first one

madwarper:
a) On the age verification... When I registered an account on the Escapist, I gave you my birth date. Why do I keep having to go through with this stuff? To quote House, " Why do they bother putting age restrictions on these things when all you have to do is click "Yes, I am 18"? Even a 17 year old can figure it out."

If someone clicks yes when they're not 18 then they have deliberately decieved the age verification system and therefore are now solely responsible for viewing the adult material in question.
This means when parents get all mad that their precious child was exposed to genitals and excessive violence The Escapist can't be held liable.
If they didn't do it, they find themselves subject to potential legal issues because a parent can claim that there was insufficient barrier to entry or warning of adult content.
The reason its done despite having entered your age previously is likely because a) people lie and b) people leave their accounts logged in a lot.

The alternative would likely be something like mandatory ID checks and/or signed statements in order to register for an account (in fact neopets required something like this for the parents of minors to be able to use the chat/mail system). Obviously such extreme measures wouldn't be taken on a site like the Escapist, but that's why we have the alternative.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here