The Big Picture: The Big Picture of Boston

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The Big Picture of Boston

MovieBob takes you to the streets of Boston in this special PAX East episode.

Watch Video

So that's how Bob looks and I wish I could go to pax

Great and informative ep

Bob, do you really think there isn't going to be at least one AC3 cosplayer up one of Boston's, admittedly pretty, historical buildings at any given time during PAX?

I hope someone made a bad slasher movie about the Charlie of those Charlie Card/Ticket/story.

And I'm genuinely tempted to go to Boston, regardless of conventions.

I wish I could come over and climb all your historical buildings.

I need to get back to Boston sometime.

Chrono212:
I hope someone made a bad slasher movie about the Charlie of those Charlie Card/Ticket/story.

And I'm genuinely tempted to go to Boston, regardless of conventions.

Well there is The Midnight Meat Train.

You should totally stop by, we got a lot of monuments to look at and the restaurants are great!

Man, I'm enjoying it much too much when Bob's talking with his accent. Nice extra episode. :o)

Oh God, he went full Bostonian. I think this is going to be my favourite TBP episode for a really long time.

Also, those super over the top hand gestures were pretty funny. After learning to read someone's intent simply by the sound of their voice (and drawings of faces), it's weird to have them over exaggerate hand gestures to try and spice up their presentation.

Don Reba:
I wish I could come over and climb all your historical buildings.

We also had a hill called Beacon Hill back during the revolution. We dug it out to fill in the bay at some point (work with what we got) and built the state house there, which is also called Beacon Hill
The top of the dome is how high the actual hill used to be, Ben Franklin told me so :P
Bet you an eagle feather you can't climb that!

Being the irredeemable fuck that I am, I want to make snide comments about doing a responsive comment video to you own commentary, but I just can't. I am a sucker for this sort of 'this is my home town and it is pretty cool isn't it' sort of non-qualified (in the sense of he doesn't start hanging shit on it) honestly enthusiastic plugging of some blokes home town.

Well done Bobski, honest kudos from this mongrel anyways. I wish more people would plug their home towns. I would, but I don't want you bastards knowing where I come from, so that is another one up for bob.

I recommend stopping by central square. Screw MIT and Harvard. We have the most helpful bums you'll find in any city.

DVS BSTrD:
We also had a hill called Beacon Hill back during the revolution. We dug it out to fill in the bay at some point (work with what we got) and built the state house there, which is also called Beacon Hill

The top of the dome is how high the actual hill used to be, Ben Franklin told me so :P

That looks mighty impressive. But, wait, you are from Boston? I will have to read your posts with Bob's accent from now on.

Was he hamming up the accent a bit in the spirit of the video?

Because it sure sounded like it.

I kinda want to go to Boston now. Damn it, Bob.

Bob I like you and I thought this video was pretty good but damn it dude you need a decent mic for live action cameos.

Don Reba:

DVS BSTrD:

That looks mighty impressive. But, wait, you are from Boston? I will have to read your posts with Bob's accent from now on.

Massachusetts, but apparently we all sound the same up here :P

Zhukov:
Was he hamming up the accent a bit in the spirit of the video?

Because it sure sounded like it.

Wouldn't you, mayte?

I kind wish I could go to Boston now.

Ah Boston. I love that town. I haven't been able to visit in several years, though.

They hosted AWP (a literary fiction convention) a few weeks ago. I... couldn't go to that either.

But, on the plus side, I might be visiting Boston this summer. Yay!

Bob you should seriously keep your normal accent in all your videos, I find it quite fascinating really.

Also, Boston is a place on my "to do" list if I ever decide to visit the colonies, and Fenway Park too. Seeing as the Sox and my team share a common benefactor, it only seems right.

...now I want to go to PAX but I can't because I'm poor and nobody loves me.

Also, woah accent.

Wait, why does this look so weird?

Did Bob superimpose his own head onto someone else's body?
Did he adjust the width and girth of his own body and kept his head normal?

I don't know what he did, but it really looks off and strange.

But anyway, nice video.
Thanks Bob

Ah that accent is so annoying

On the whole "subway actually above ground" thing, don't feel too bad, despite being called "The London Underground", only 45% of the London Underground is actually under ground. I will say that all of it actually uses trains, though.

It felt weird watching bob talk... And everything felt normal when it went back to... Well normal.

Also this video reminds me of how compared to other cities there is absolutely nothing to do in mine (Adelaide, Australia).

very informative. Unfortunately I have no plans on going to America, never mind Boston so I now have new knowledge I will never use

Nice one, Bob! If I ever go to Boston, I'll have to keep this in mind...

Hyperactiveman:
Also this video reminds me of how compared to other cities there is absolutely nothing to do in mine (Adelaide, Australia).

Don't worry, I've got the same feeling (Perth, Australia).

But damn, I've always wanted to go to Boston if I ever went to America and now you've strengthened my conviction.
Might actively start planning and saving to go soon.

I think this video could have benifitted from a little more "Fahck yaself", "How's ya mutha?", or "Laddi Fahckin' Dah".

This makes me feel a little bit better about the byzantine layout the capital of my country has.

Pppfff, You call that a Leif Eriksson statue

...is a Leif Eriksson statue

Btw, loving the accent there Bob

Glad to see the Boston Museum of Science listed, especially with the call outs for the omni dome theater, dinosaurs, and VdG generator - all fond memories of my childhood.

I also fondly remember them putting that Big Dig exhibit in, and loudly pronouncing it would be there for the duration of the construction project. I don't believe any of its interactive computer programs worked the last time I was there, and that was years before the Big Dig was actually completed. :D

Very Funny! :) and informative! Shame I'm so British.

Also is Bob waving his arms around so much as a parody or reference, or just intentionally over-animated?

Capcha: come clean
OH No! Capcha knows my secret!

Figuring out how to use the T seems a doddle compared to London's Tube. Seriously. Naming train lines after the colour you'll use on the map? Amateurs...

So that's what Bob looks like. I was way off. For some reason I pictured him with long hair. Don't ask....

Anyway, it's nice to see him act so jolly in his videos like this. Judging by his Twitter feed, I assumed he was angry and grumpy most of the time. Thanks for the info, Bob!

Can't attend myself unfortunately. But if anyone wants to pick me up a souvenir Ska band while they're in town I'll gladly pay you back.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here