Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 with Lisa Foiles Returns

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

She left?

lol, seriously though, in the mediocrity of online entertainment, she was pretty good.

I always liked her goofy humor. People in the new media industry take themselves too seriously sometimes.

CrazyCapnMorgan:
We need moar YAY in this thread!

Erm hm. -cough- Let me have a go at it.

Yeah!

Glad to have you back Foiles.

Yuuki:

AzrealMaximillion:
You take YouTube comments seriously?

I take them as an indication as to the reason people are watching the video, an indication of how people felt about the video. How did you miss my point so badly?

I was more commenting on the fact that most people don't regard YouTube comments seriously as there's either a massive flame wars or general immaturity in the comments. My point is, its general knowledge that YouTube comments are a pretty horrible indicator of why people watch Lisa Foiles'(or anyone's)videos. Back when Lisa's Top 5 was on the Escapist before, the YouTube style immaturity was a lot less rampant on the Escapist forums, as I expect them to be this time around.

Skullgirls will have 3 characters, Infinity is out, friday is a holiday, enjoyed Kill Me, Baby! and Lisa is back.

Good week.

knight steel:
Lisa's back I'M so happy just look at my happy face.................

Best anime in years. For reals

Awesome, I missed Lisa, her Top Fives and her jumping around in tight tight t-shirts.

I need to watch that Monkey Island video again.

I'd much rather have Doraleous and Associates back :( shit was HILARIOUS!

This though? Just seems pandering and unimaginative. I agree with the Ashly Burch school of thought in that I can't take anyone seriously when they try to look hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxUgSWlCoTE

This is great news. One of the reasons I became a regular, I don't care what anyone says I thought her Top 5's were some of the most imaginative and well put together, without taking itself too seriously. The nature of Top 5 lists is that they are boring and lack any kind of originality nowadays, but her presentation really picked it up for me. I mean, how can a bubbly blonde girl genuinely interested in games *not* make your day? (Unless you are a pathetic hater who doesn't agree with her lists and that gets you upset, in which case chill out man they're opinions)

...and there was much rejoicing!

Welcome Back Lisa! Really liked your show and glad to hear that you are coming back giving us more Top 5!

Welp, gonna go change my ringtone back to the "Ringtone Jam" from Comic Jumper in celebration.

Welcome back, Lisa Foiles.

Yay, this is awesome, been wanting this since she stopped doing them last time!!

:)

geier:
I'm gonna make my own Top 5 list here, my top 5 dissapointments on the Escapist.
I don't say the rank but one of my top dissapointments on the Escapist is this show returning.

I know many will tell me to just not watch it, i can ashure you, i didn't watch it and i never will.
But i think it is important to give feedback.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...

If you never watched it and never will, then you're in no position to give feedback.

At least when I decided that Jimquistion pissed me off to no end, I had the decency to watch two episodes and periodically watch one every couple of months to see if it got better (it didn't).

Yeah, I had no use for this series before, and I don't now. SO much of the popularity seems to be less about content and more eye candy. If she did it in a format more like the Big Picture or ZP, I wonder if it would have the same following it does now.

Yaaaaaay! She's back!

Dooly95:
So... maybe it's because I lived under a rock or something, but didn't Lisa leave in the first place because of a scuffle between the Escapist? A la Extra Credits?

I mean, I'm really glad she's back (I've been visiting her site now and then but it seems that it was her buddies that updated and not her directly) but... you know.

Or maybe I've missed something completely and could someone fill me in if so?

no, you imagined this.

also

finally! i knew it would happen, it was just a matter of time. :)

I may possibly have squeed just a tiny ammount when I saw this.

It's not like I jumped around, pumping my arms in the air and yelling 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' or anything.

... honest.

First we get AoE 2 back, then Ducktales, now Lisa Foiles? 2013 is looking like a good year.

For real? You mean it? No fooling? We're not just being trolled due to our hatred of that other show?

YAAAAAAAY :D !!!

And there was much rejoicing on this thread with the return of Lisa Foiles...

Yay.

Even though I've more or less kept track of her stuff, I'm glad she's coming back to the Escapist. It's nice to have something that recognizes games don't have to be Serious Business all the time, and that we can celebrate the fun, goofy stuff about it without being overly negative. And Lisa was a lot more honest and enthusiastic than most presenters in that realm.

Yuuki:
Hmm...I hate to be the one to throw the wet blanket on everything, but I get the feeling that a lot of of her Youtube views didn't come from the jokes or the actual content of her videos. At least, judging by some of the top comments.

Ever notice her videos had about 100 times as many views as comments? And two to three times as many "Likes"? Maybe YouTube comments aren't a good metric for...well...anything, really.

Hmm. So has the Reconquista of The Escapist begun at last?
Welcome back, Miss Foiles.

I am glad you are back but how come?

Dooly95:
So... maybe it's because I lived under a rock or something, but didn't Lisa leave in the first place because of a scuffle between the Escapist? A la Extra Credits?

I mean, I'm really glad she's back (I've been visiting her site now and then but it seems that it was her buddies that updated and not her directly) but... you know.

Or maybe I've missed something completely and could someone fill me in if so?

While she did support Extra Credits in a tweet (a bit of a juicy one, at that), which lends credence to the idea that she left in the wake of not being paid.

However, no official reason was given that I ever saw.

It's all water under the bridge now, though. I'm happy about it, I finally get to inject more Top 5s directly into my veins!

Thank goodness! No offense to the newer guys who were doing Top 5, but it just wasn't as entertaining.

Quick, everyone! Hands on your hips!

Who are you again? haha just kidding! Glad to see you're back, was missing your videos!

Woot! Next we want Doomsday Arcade back too!

It's like the best birthday present i could even imagine to have. :3

Eh, I always thought this show came off as cheap pandering with mediocre content, but at least it's better than that smosh crap or the ginx tv or whatever it was. I wish we could get some real shows back, like There will be Brawl or Doomsday Arcade.

Well this is genuinely good news. I'm not usually a big fan of top 5 videos but I can't deny that Lisa brought a certain charm that made them truly enjoyable to watch, especially with oft irreverent skits in-between.

Welcome back!

oh yeah... that existed... and now its back... yay?

Welcome Back Lisa :D

Sweet.

Give her all of Esqueda's shows as well.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here