Geekend Update: Organic Solar Cells, Invisibility Cloaks, and Apollo's Engines

Organic Solar Cells, Invisibility Cloaks, and Apollo's Engines

Your weekly look at the most interesting science stories in the ever-expanding universe.

For more on the stories this week, you can read about Organic Solar Cells, Invisibility Cloaks, and Apollo's Engines.

To submit your favorite science stories or intro suggestions, send us an email here: GeekendUpdate@escapistmag.com

Watch Video

It kind of makes me sad that we can still be amazed by technology over 40 years old... where's my permanent moonbase damn it!

Those organic solar cells still don't sound very efficient.

Got to say, the show looks very good, and Ashley is doing a pretty good job too.

:) Well done.
Hope to see more soon!

I'll join the military as long as I can join the Ghost Recon Unit :P

I must say that you comedic timing is very very good Great information and great delivery keep up the good work quickly becoming one of my favorites

I'm really looking forward to where this series will be headed. Half the reason I go to the escapist is for their science news anyway (even though there are probably websites that focus solely on those kinds of things) and this could be a great addition to my things-to-watch list.

Sign me up for an invisibility cloak!
Imagine the pranks...

Tried very hard not to laugh at the invisibility pun, I mean Stevie Wonder saw it coming!

Tried, but failed.

Finally some good content coming out Saturday...THANK YOU!!!!

So much to see!

Lincoln Thurber:
Finally some good content coming out Saturday...THANK YOU!!!!

Ditto! This is exactly what I was thinking. I don't know how many hits you receive for having a weekend release but I hope they're enough for you to keep the show running.

One funny bit of trivia about the Moon Missions is that a few years ago NASA revealed the embarrassing fact that they have NO blueprints of the old Saturn V rockets. That's right--we're 40 years down the road from the actual lunar landings but we couldn't replicate that old technology to take us to the moon if we wanted to because nobody kept the specs on file. Epic fail!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here