Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Comebacks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Wow, Stan Lee... wasn't expecting that. It got a good laugh out of me though.

I'm really glad Lisa is back, her brand of quirkiness was sorely missed.

And in regards to the video... Mega Man 9 still haunts me to this day. Came so close to finishing the game. Just one more Wiley level left... and then I lost my last life... and had to start over from the first Wiley stage. All I can remember after that was I woke up covered in blood and had a weird taste in my mouth. Incidentally that was the same day my neighbor's cat went missing. That's probably just a coincidence though... probably.

itsausernamewhatofit:

milow:
I started watching at the end of the last run, but I was waiting to watch on the first day of the comeback. The credits went by so fast I didn't get a chance to see who gets credit, but the graphics and editing seemed quite improved. I enjoy this format, a combo of silly humor along with information.

Also, since Lisa Foiles was in the finale of Anthony Saves the World, I wonder if there's any chance of encouraging those gentlemen to return as well?

And here I thought I was the only one who actually cared about/remembered Anthony Saves the World. Really wish it would come back.

After mikey had his stroke and resulting heart surgery I don't know if he'd be fit enough to do it.

OT: glad to have you back Lisa plus always nice to see max and athony getting a little face time outside of Dtoid and Rev3

Welcome home, Lisa. We trust you understand that we'll never take off the ankle tracker.

I'm a sucker for Top 5 lists and I enjoyed this immensely, so expect to see me around.

el_kabong:
I think the Escapist pulled a total "Coca Cola" move on us. I'm onto you, Escapist.

I must end you, now.

Copper Zen:

Welcome home, Lisa. We trust you understand that we'll never take off the ankle tracker.

I'm a sucker for Top 5 lists and I enjoyed this immensely, so expect to see me around.

el_kabong:
I think the Escapist pulled a total "Coca Cola" move on us. I'm onto you, Escapist.

I must end you, now.

I approve of you moderating via cat images.

dafuq!?!

Dissing on the isometric tomb raider game!?

Claiming new DMC is good!?!

Claiming 7 and Legends weren't amazing!?!??!?!?

Heresy! BLASPHEMY! THIS IS A GODDAMNED TRAVESTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I never really was a big fan of LFT5, and this didn't change my mind all that much. Kudos on the sweet cameos though.

Evil Smurf:

Thanx! I figured that while Moderator Kitteh was adorable it would take a rather more...assertive approach to wrangle courtesy and civility into my new Dark Principality of the Religion and Politics Forum. ;D

Copper Zen:

Evil Smurf:

Thanx! I figured that while Moderator Kitteh was adorable it would take a rather more...assertive approach to wrangle courtesy and civility into my new Dark Principality of the Religion and Politics Forum. ;D

You are probably the best mod out there right meow.

WB Lisa.

To those asking how she got Stan Lee.

I heard he's a fan of cats:)

You forgot Mortal Kombat.

Any particular reason for the fastest-credits ever? I've seen slower credits on reality t.v. shows damn it :P.

At first I was like "Fuck this unoriginal show coming back!" but then I was like "Stan Lee"
How the living shit did you get Stan Lee to do that.
Also, New DMC SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS and it has NOTHING to do with new Dante.

Magmarock:
You forgot Mortal Kombat.

Didn't Mortal Combat (deal with my C) get unnecessarily rebooted as the same Mortal Combat?

Welcome back Lisa! And I see you haven't lost your funny bone, yey!

As for the topic at hand... I've noticed that most of your titles were more like reboots than comebacks.
I'd put Fallout 3 as a great comeback, also XCOM. True they don't feature specific characters or unique game mechanics which haven't since been done to death by other games, but still... these were names I never expected to see again. Ken Levine is also the talk of the town right now, but I'm not sure how many remember him from the Looking Glass era.

Here's a list of comebacks I'd like to see:
- MS Flight Simulator / Flight Unlimited
- I-war
- Transport Tycoon Deluxe (yes, I do play OTTD)
- M1 Tank Platoon 2 (actually most Microprose titles)
- WW2 Call of duty titles. And ability to play German side!! Or ONLY Russian! :D

I too know the crippling addiction of coke. You need to stop chasing the brown dragon. That sounded dirtier than I thought it would. But because I lost my backspace key, I can't untype it.

I agree with your Megaman segment. A lot of comeback games made the mistake of making the 3D transition and suffered for it. I am now thinking of Megaman getting the Metroid treatment. Seeing him in a skintight onesie is not the most unpleasant thing you can think of.

WOHOO. so good to have you back. my wife is jealous again :D thats how i like it :D

Aaron Sylvester:
I guess some people just enjoy the random sillyness, flat jokes and absurd amount of makeup (I kid, I kid!). Or perhaps my standards have been set too high by legends like Yahtzee, Jim and Bob?

Because those three are known for serious demeanour, subtle humour, and appropriate amounts of makeup?

This is the first time I've watched this show and I really liked it. The humor was spot-on and it was a nice list.

So glad you are back. We all missed you very much. You and Yahtzee are the reason I come here

Welcome back, Lisa, from another Lisa. And congrats to your shoutout from Mr. Stanley Lieber!

An appropriate return for the show. I'm not sure I agree that Sonic works in 3D, but then again, most of sonic's games that were in 3d suck.

templar1138a:

KoDOmega:
HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET A STAN LEE CAMEO? Are you a witch? YOU HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH IF WE ASK YOU!

Quiet, quiet. There are ways of telling if she is a witch.

*gets out the large scales and a duck*

You had me at Morgan Freeman.

Hooray!!! That is all

I was entertained by this. I hope to see more. And good luck with your return to stardom, even though this is the first time I've heard of you.

Waited a long long time for this, and... well, there's a list.
I missed your quirky jokes in between/at the start.

Welcome back, and go go next episode!

b-but I like megaman X and legends...

Also, I guess I better check out DKC returns...

That wasn't the NES ninja gaiden continue screen, it was the ARCADE continue screen, which was a very different game than the NES version.

Finally! Top 5 is back! Now we just need Doralious and Associates to return and my life is complete.

it didnt really work for sonic...

Copper Zen:

Evil Smurf:

If anyone angers you, use this cat on them.

Evil Smurf:

Copper Zen:

Evil Smurf:

You are probably the best mod out there right meow.

Also, to stay on topic; Lisa is back (YAY!), and her cat is cute. :)

Nouw:
Any particular reason for the fastest-credits ever? I've seen slower credits on reality t.v. shows damn it :P.

That's how Lisa's done it with this series from the beginning.

I'm a sucker for self-deprecating humor. This was actually the first Top 5 I've ever seen, now I gotta watch the rest.

Stan Lee. What a fucking legend.

Just for that, I'm gonna have to watch more.

Yes! I've been waiting so long for your return!

Yay pretty jim sterling is back

Kirby's Return to Dreamland doesn't count because Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby Mass Attack came out... wait, was Mass Attack the same year, even? Anyway. Kirby never went away. Kirby doesn't go away. God, I love him.

Anyway, several things about this episode. One, I forgot how impeccable your timing was. The jokes are so... like, even when not cleverly written, they're performed and presented in a way that makes them funny. I also forgot how self-aware the show was at the idea of a "Top 5" show. Man, how the hell did The Escapist community let this die? Besides deep-seated misogyny, I mean.

Also: MAX SCOVILLE OH MY GOD I LOVE MAX SCOVILLE :D

And Stan Lee. He's cool too.

Great video, glad you are back!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook