Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Comebacks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

anthony87:

Daystar Clarion:

Welcome back Lisa :D

New Dante is pretty cool.

New Vergil is an abomination against everything that draws breath on this planet and every planet beyond.

At least they tried to make him better in the DLC. Still not sure how I feel about evil super sayian Vergil though...

Are you kidding?

The DLC made him worse. :D

They turned him into a mummy's boy with an inferiority complex.

Gameplay was solid though.

Top 5 that knows it's goofy and embraces this goofyness. Oh how we have all missed this. For the past five minutes I've been going "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE =D". Couldn't even think of something to write here. It's just awesome that you're back! :D

Falseprophet:
Beautiful intro. Welcome back, Lisa!

omega 616:
Struggling to think of another red haired, female gamer. They're all brunette ...

Other than Lisa, there's Tara Long, Nixie Pixel, Jackie Talbott (Carboni works with them all at Rev3/Destructoid TV), and Dodger (Game Station). Here in Canada we also have Liana K (Kerzner).

Leaving out Felicia Day, are we?

WTF Stan Lee? Awesome.

PAX Prime: Everyone comes as old Dante.

Daystar Clarion:

anthony87:

Daystar Clarion:

Welcome back Lisa :D

New Dante is pretty cool.

New Vergil is an abomination against everything that draws breath on this planet and every planet beyond.

At least they tried to make him better in the DLC. Still not sure how I feel about evil super sayian Vergil though...

Are you kidding?

The DLC made him worse. :D

They turned him into a mummy's boy with an inferiority complex.

Gameplay was solid though.

Well I did say tried.

You're dead on about the gameplay anyway, if they made him playable in Bloody Palace mode that'd probably be enough to get me to fire up the game again.

Trying... so hard... not to rage... RIGHT. NOW.

Allow me to also express a hearty: "How the hell did you get Stan Lee?"

Also welcome back and all that. :)

Not sure i'd call DMC a comeback but it's a great game and props for Ninja Gaiden on the list.

Falseprophet:
Beautiful intro. Welcome back, Lisa!

omega 616:
Struggling to think of another red haired, female gamer. They're all brunette ...

Other than Lisa, there's Tara Long, Nixie Pixel, Jackie Talbott (Carboni works with them all at Rev3/Destructoid TV), and Dodger (Game Station). Here in Canada we also have Liana K (Kerzner).

Ill just be over here removing my foot from my mouth.

Though, to be honest, I don't follow gaming news by watching these formal world news presentation style so I don't know gaming personalities. This site is the only place I get gaming news from (apart from PS3 daily news on facebook) so giant bomb, destructoid and kotaku are only names to me.

For example, I only know of Jessica Chobot 'cos of some controversy.

Doesn't Dodger change her hair colour more than her underware?

Not only has Top 5 made a comeback, but it has made a fantastic comeback! Seriously, this show has really found a voice/direction and embraced it full force. Great job, Lisa. Great job all!

FEichinger:

omega 616:

Leaving out Felicia Day, are we?[/quote]

Felicia is a jack of all trades, so I excluded her.

I know she has done voice acting and stuff but shes been on House and stuff. Although, I am probably ignorant of what other female gaming journalists have done, so I might be including women who have done what Felicia has done.

I think the Escapist pulled a total "Coca Cola" move on us. They stopped doing Top 5 with Lisa. Then, they re-introduced Top 5 with new people who were, honestly, less likable (or at least not as entertaining), a la "New Coke". Now, they introduce "Classic Coke" back to us to popular consumption (I assume).

I'm onto you, Escapist.

Fantastic. Expecting nothing less from your first comeback episode. Intro had me laughing and the list and dialogue was great. Can't wait for next weeks episode! WELCOME BACK :D

I must admit- the opening was great and the parts with Lisa and Morgan Freeman made me laugh so hard. I didn't expect that at all.
Also Lisa shares my pain of coke overdose. Not fun.. it's bad for you even more so then physical reasons.

*cough*

OT: This was quite entertaining. Even though I have no engaged in any of those games, I do desire to get myself the latest Tomb Raider plus thank god they really made Lara Croft stand out as a realistic, developed character who can be taken seriously and not eye candy. Also I wonder how much longer Mega Man can be in video games before he needs to rest for awhile like Mario and Sonic too.

No Megaman vs Street Fighter I mean Street Fighter x Megaman ?

That was better than Mega Man 10

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man

Wonderful comeback Lisa!
I really hope you´re in for the long haul this time :-)

Hugs & Kisses
Zephod.

Love live the blue bomber!

Even if Shitcom seems destined to completely deny his existence.

And welcome back, Weesee! I'm going to be in the crowd of "WTF...Stan Lee?". And Morgan Freeman.

I feel like Deus Ex and XCOM were noticeably absent from the list. Still, it's great to have the show back.

Soviet Heavy:
I liked the Stan Lee cameo.

Better cameo than his appearance in The Amazing Spiderman. A respectable publication (I think) actually called that the best Stan Lee cameo they had ever seen. Really? That thing was ridiculous!

I was expecting you to make a comment about how going 3D maybe didn't work out so well for Sonic, but then again, I don't think it was the going 3D that did him in. It was all those extra humans that did it! Sonic R was pretty good after all.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the new Tomb Raider, I did sell it back immediately for an SR4 preorder.

OT: LISA FOILES IS BACK! YAAAAAAAAY!

Ahhh you got me with that Duke Nukem thing Lisa, you got me good for a second there!

Glad to see you're back! More irreverent entertainment is always good!

Happy to have you back Lisa!
Last time this show ran I just saw the thumbnails for it and dismissed it as a "urrr, look! ets ah guurl gaymuuur!" kind of thing. It was only much later that I actually watched a few episodes. I am so sorry for ever doubting you.
I won't be missing any episodes this time, please forgive me for my ass-hat-ish-ness in the past.

Ughh DmC really? Right when I was starting to forget about it too. What a comeback that was. Literally everything was backwards. How I envy the days where style and substance would go hand in hand. Nowadays everything is SSShallow.

Btw I would have liked to see sonic generations there, somewhere.

No DuckTales?
MegaFail!

Even though the new DuckTales game hasn't been released yet this game clearly had to take top spot.
Nice try at a comeback Lisa but you've just lost what few remaining supporters you had!

Oh god. I never watched this show, but now I know why people missed it so much. This is brilliant. Can't wait for more, now.

Oh come on, Legends is fantastic. I'm sure nostalgia's part of the reason I like the games, but sue me if I like overarching megadungeons that are actually decently designed.

I wasn't around for the original run of this series, but hey, another thing to watch on the Escapist is fine by me.

B-but I liked Megaman Legends...

LIIIIIISSSSSSAAAAAAAA I MISSSED YOU SO MUCH I WATCH YOUR OLD EPISODES HOPING THE DAY YOU WOULD RETURN !!!!

Ahem

Yes I'm glad you included DmC and that you liked it... yes he's a hottie aint he (y u no include vergil he's hot too)

Ahh Naomi Kyle, I would so wife her, don't even care about the IGN association....

Wait...I mean, yayyy top 5 with Lisa. No more shitty Smosh. *golf claps* and such.

What the... My Ninja Gaiden nes game doesn't have that continue screen.

I made it to level 3 and considered that an amazing accomplishment.

EDIT: Oh yeah, welcome back Lisa!

SlightlyEvil:
Only point of disagreement: where was Prince of Persia?

I was thinking the same thing.

While the whole behind the scene story was funny and all but didn't they want to explain what really happened (Lisa got into a car accident or something like that).

The list is fine except for Donkey Kong Country Return but in saying so I suck at that game despite being a pro back on the SNES.

Lastly that bit with Stan Lee made me laugh alot (you got to love Stan for willing to do any cameo/ guest star and etc)!

Yay Lisa's back!

WHAT! BUT 'GUARDIAN OF LIGHT' WAS AWESOME!! CURSE YOU FOILES, GET OFF MY ESCAPIST!!!

Also, Stan Lee, whaaaaaaaaaaarrrt!?!?!?

What people do not know about Megaman Legends. Is that it was a 3D metroid game, but with a disguised as a megaman game. Exploration, proper use of equipment, a living world. Megaman Legends was so far ahead of it's time that people do not realize how great of a game it was.

"#1 Comeback: Duke Nukem!"

HA! That one killed me.
Great first show back Lisa! Nice to see ya again!

This was one of those shows that I didn't like at first, but then warmed up to it when the video had stuff other just a list read. I'll have to see were it goes now. I gotta admit, her Wii hate list was pretty funny if you paused the video. It read:

Top 5 Reasons the Wii Sucks a Bag of Dicks

5. That damn blinking light for "New Message".
4. Stupid games like "Babysitting Mama".
3. The name "Wii" is gay.
2. Seriously, the name "Wii" is gay.
1. NO HD WTFFF!

But I guess she couldn't revolve a whole show around that. And yes the first five times I watched the show was just to get the Duke Nukem badge.

templar1138a:

KoDOmega:
HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET A STAN LEE CAMEO? Are you a witch? YOU HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH IF WE ASK YOU!

Quiet, quiet. There are ways of telling if she is a witch.

Easy. Put her on one end of a balance scale and an average duck on the other end. If Lisa is lighter than the duck, she must be a witch.

Anyway, nice to see this show is back. Excelsior!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here