Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Comebacks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

The intro was fucking epic as hell. I missed this show.

chimpzy:

templar1138a:

KoDOmega:
HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET A STAN LEE CAMEO? Are you a witch? YOU HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH IF WE ASK YOU!

Quiet, quiet. There are ways of telling if she is a witch.

Easy. Put her on one end of a balance scale and an average duck on the other end. If Lisa is lighter than the duck, she must be a witch.

Anyway, nice to see this show is back. Excelsior!

Or we drown her and is she dies she's human if she lives she's a witch and we burn her :D
OP:Welcome back lisa we missed you XXXX oooo
P.S:Bring back game dogs

Back to the original Top5 on the Escapist! Better than the crap we've had recently with "GinxTV" and the other guys.

I lost it with the bit with Stan Lee, that was awesosme!

Welcome back Lisa, look forward to more of the show, props for the new DMC as a pick, must have been hard.

This was refhreshingly fun. I endorse more of this.

Fappy:
How the hell did you get Stan Lee in on this? Tell me your secret!

Anyways that was a pretty nice come back episode. And I agree, Donkey Kong Country Returns is one of the only games worthwhile on the Wii.

omega 616:
Stan Lee, what a BAMF!

Struggling to think of another red haired, female gamer. They're all brunette ...

A nice return from Lisa, good to see she got over that coke problem.

Felicia day....

Father Time:
What was that music that came on after the escapist invited you back? I've heard it before but I don't know the name.

Anyway the behind the show bit at the beginning was pretty funny. The show was good too.

I remember it from this sketch, but maybe it's also referenced there. The music comes up towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbhrz1-4hN4

That intro was just a tad narcissistic. We love you, Lisa!

AC!

I... I think this may actually be better than the original run so far!

Disappointed that the Metroid Prime series and Fallout 3 & NV didn't make the list, but these things are always a bit subjective.

Fuck yes, Foiles is back!

omega 616:
Doesn't Dodger change her hair colour more than her underware?

That might be a wee bit of an exaggeration, but you can at least tell time by her hair colour.

EDIT: demangled quote.

Welcome back redhead please never ever leave us again!

Signed Creepy guy #83736

Welcome back Lisa!

Got a quick question though, why do you bleep out "fucking"? The other contributors (Jim, Yahtzee, Bob,...) never censor their curses, in fact, it kinda draws more attention to it.

Anyway, just a small pet peeve of mine, glad you're back ;)

Awesome work!

YES!!!!!!! Welcome back Lisa!

>"What the hell was going on with Legends?"
>"And I hate the Wii"
>"DmC is good"
>Hating on StarForce

I remember why I stopped watching this so long ago.

I don't know how Jim, but you've become the only one I come onto this site to watch.

Fappy:

Anyways that was a pretty nice come back episode. And I agree, Donkey Kong Country Returns is one of the only games worthwhile on the Wii.

Factually wrong people are fun.

Maybe the games aren't up to your taste, which is what you should say, but saying there aren't many worthwhile games on the Wii is just factually wrong at this point.

I watched all of her first set of videos for the hell of it... but frankly... I don't remember any of them being as good as this one.

I particularly loved the first two minutes. Kudos and here's to hoping you keep up this level of entertainment.

Edit:

DigitalAtlas:

Maybe the games aren't up to your taste, which is what you should say, but saying there aren't many worthwhile games on the Wii is just factually wrong at this point.

Given that the worth of a game and/or console is entirely opinion... this statement is factually wrong.

I did a doubletake I didn't expect Lisa to ever come back!

Fun episode, though I must admit I have not played any of those games. >_>

Also, who is this Stan Lee guy that everyone seems to know that I don't? :o

Damn those Coke dealers! Can't they see what they did to Lisa!?
A great comeback, Lisa. We missed you here. Glad to have you back.

I'd say Sonic has had a decent turnaround. I hear Sonic Colors was good, and Generations was the first Sonic game I picked up in years. And I have to say it did all the right things. So, yeah, Sonic may well be back, now. Hopefully, they don't screw it up and actually give the next game time to be developed and playtested.

Oh, and Stan Lee cameo. I swear that man is everywhere.

Lear'sFool:
Love the opening. Guess Lisa fell pretty far:

"... a Coke[a-Cola] overdose [*holed up in corner with ALL the Coca-Cola*], and a SAX addiction... compulsive need to make lists..."
"Will you marry me?"
"Gimme FIVE REASONS!"

Also loved those shameless puns.

My favorite super white girl is back, yay!

Pants! Thank God Pants!

Okay, yeah. Welcome back, Lisa. I didn't realize I'd missed your sillyness this much. Way to kick off a triumphant return, with not only a Stan Lee cameo apropos of AWESOME but also an amazing new phrase to throw around the internet.

2:11.... what an awesome selection of board games on the shelf :)

Nothing beats Cards Against Humanity for a fun party game.

Thank God You're here.... AGAIN! Missed you!

Welcome back,Lisa. Love you and your work. Missed you.

I started watching at the end of the last run, but I was waiting to watch on the first day of the comeback. The credits went by so fast I didn't get a chance to see who gets credit, but the graphics and editing seemed quite improved. I enjoy this format, a combo of silly humor along with information.

Also, since Lisa Foiles was in the finale of Anthony Saves the World, I wonder if there's any chance of encouraging those gentlemen to return as well?

New to me, I may go check out your old stuff. Welcome back!

milow:
I started watching at the end of the last run, but I was waiting to watch on the first day of the comeback. The credits went by so fast I didn't get a chance to see who gets credit, but the graphics and editing seemed quite improved. I enjoy this format, a combo of silly humor along with information.

Also, since Lisa Foiles was in the finale of Anthony Saves the World, I wonder if there's any chance of encouraging those gentlemen to return as well?

And here I thought I was the only one who actually cared about/remembered Anthony Saves the World. Really wish it would come back.

Welcome back to the fold, Lisa. Here's hoping you can strike a balance between your Escapist and TGS gigs.

Yokai:
I feel like Deus Ex and XCOM were noticeably absent from the list. Still, it's great to have the show back.

Imho the new Xcom was a terrible game. Don't get me wrong, the devs had good intentions, but the execution was really poor, what with all the bugs, the shooting through walls, the absence of multiple bases and base defense, the bullshit 1% misses that ended with having half your squad wiped out... you know, all that stuff.

Deus Ex was great mechanically, but the story was mediocre and the boss battles occasionally gave people the Ebola virus.

DigitalAtlas:

Fappy:

Factually wrong people are fun.

I think you need to learn the difference between opinion and fact.

I am absolutely ecstatic that you are back! Yay Lisa!

Now for the violent disagreement. No Mario Galaxy? No Starcraft 2? NO FALLOUT?!?!?!?!?

1: Your're finally back, congrats!

2: You still haven't answered the Stan Lee question!

Hmm I can see why the show was removed in the first place.

I guess some people just enjoy the random sillyness, flat jokes and absurd amount of makeup (I kid, I kid!). Or perhaps my standards have been set too high by legends like Yahtzee, Jim and Bob?

Oh and lest I forget: Welcome back, Lisa!

Everyone else seems to be saying it (a lot) so I better join in :P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or