Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Comebacks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Andy of Comix Inc:
Man, how the hell did The Escapist community let this die? Besides deep-seated misogyny, I mean.

Also: MAX SCOVILLE OH MY GOD I LOVE MAX SCOVILLE :D

And Stan Lee. He's cool too.

To be fair I don't think misogyny had a thing to do with it. It was a very popular show among Escapists, I thought she ended the show to go do other things, although I may be mistaken about that.

In any case not everything having to do with a woman is because of misogyny. Just look at all the love she is getting in these comments!

Your Gaffer:

Andy of Comix Inc:
Besides deep-seated misogyny, I mean.

To be fair I don't think misogyny had a thing to do with it. It was a very popular show among Escapists, I thought she ended the show to go do other things, although I may be mistaken about that.

...sorry. I was being sarcastic. Trying to be topical and snarky, y'see.

I know misogyny had nothing to do with it. I also know it isn't deep-seated on The Escapist community. I was just making a joke.

Andy of Comix Inc:

Your Gaffer:

Andy of Comix Inc:
Besides deep-seated misogyny, I mean.

...sorry. I was being sarcastic. Trying to be topical and snarky, y'see.

I know misogyny had nothing to do with it. I also know it isn't deep-seated on The Escapist community. I was just making a joke.

I see, it just didn't come across in writing I wager.

Imp Emissary:

Copper Zen:

Evil Smurf:
I approve of you moderating via cat images.

Thanx! I figured that while Moderator Kitteh was adorable it would take a rather more...assertive approach to wrangle courtesy and civility into my new Dark Principality of the Religion and Politics Forum. ;D

If anyone angers you, use this cat on them.

Evil Smurf:

Copper Zen:

Thanx! I figured that while Moderator Kitteh was adorable it would take a rather more...assertive approach to wrangle courtesy and civility into my new Dark Principality of the Religion and Politics Forum. ;D

You are probably the best mod out there right meow.

Also, to stay on topic; Lisa is back (YAY!), and her cat is cute. :)

I did not notice the cat :(

Still in the respectful disagreement camp here, sorry.
Nice to see you have a show again though.

Fantastic first episode Lisa, brilliant to see you back!

3D sonic doesn't really work
That is all

Grats on making it back I guess

Well, it's better than the other Top 5 show that kept pumping out offensive comment.

Great return episode!

The "Starforce Pegasus" joke killed.

Lisa Foiles:
Top 5 Comebacks

Lisa makes a triumphant return to The Escapist with the equally epic Top 5 Comebacks.

Watch Video

Good to see you back Ms. Foiles. I like your sense of humor. I saw you on Angry Joe too! You're just rippin' back on the white elephant, aren't yah? I actually don't know what that means either. I think it was some kind of cocaine reference. Your show is funny! Good shit!

Just finished the Tomb Raider reboot. A great game indeed - truly a reboot done right. There's a clearly evident progression from innocence-rich-kid to Rambo-style hunter. Very cool when you work your way up to picking off enemies from the bushes one by one with a competition bow. In fact, this game pretty much fulfils all my cravings for an actual Rambo game.
Nice reference to the arrow-to-the-knee meme, too (whether intentional or not).
Haven't played any of the other games on the list.

shiajun:

Father Time:
What was that music that came on after the escapist invited you back? I've heard it before but I don't know the name.

Anyway the behind the show bit at the beginning was pretty funny. The show was good too.

I remember it from this sketch, but maybe it's also referenced there. The music comes up towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbhrz1-4hN4

In case you're still looking, it's from the 'Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story' soundtrack. The track is called Dragon's Heartbeat.

Top 5 Comebacks.

#1. Lisa Returns

SlightlyEvil:
Only point of disagreement: where was Prince of Persia?

I reference to which game?

FEichinger:
Top 5 that knows it's goofy and embraces this goofyness. Oh how we have all missed this. For the past five minutes I've been going "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE =D". Couldn't even think of something to write here. It's just awesome that you're back! :D

Falseprophet:
Beautiful intro. Welcome back, Lisa!

omega 616:
Struggling to think of another red haired, female gamer. They're all brunette ...

Other than Lisa, there's Tara Long, Nixie Pixel, Jackie Talbott (Carboni works with them all at Rev3/Destructoid TV), and Dodger (Game Station). Here in Canada we also have Liana K (Kerzner).

Leaving out Felicia Day, are we?

I was about to say!!

Welcome Back Lisa.. Challenge the Throne!

Excellent that we get a comeback. Thematically appropriate.

Ninja Gaiden really is one of the best games ever. And now the new Ninja Gaiden basically needs a reboot because #3 was god awful. But people have said the WiiU version which many say was awesome.

DmC is not a comeback. It is a pile of worthless shit that *actually failed to sell well at all*. It was a flop. A hilarious flop.

The dumbed-down gameplay and complete cockhead of a lead character certainly didn't help it. There's a reason people call him Donte. He will never be Dante. The hair means nothing. The character traits that Lord Hideki Kamiya created for Dante are RUINED in DmC's poor excuse of a "reboot".

...Literally the only major disagreement I have with this episode. That said, good to see you back, Lisa!

top 5 things we wish would come back to the escapist instead of Lisa:
5:Doraleous and Associates
4:Doraleous and Associates
3:Doraleous and Associates
2:Doraleous and Associates
1:Doraleous and Associates

but hey stan lee was cool

Falseprophet:
Beautiful intro. Welcome back, Lisa!

omega 616:
Struggling to think of another red haired, female gamer. They're all brunette ...

Other than Lisa, there's Tara Long, Nixie Pixel, Jackie Talbott (Carboni works with them all at Rev3/Destructoid TV), and Dodger (Game Station). Here in Canada we also have Liana K (Kerzner).

Dodger doesn't really count though, given that she seems to change her hair colour more often than some people change their clothes. XD

So far, i've seen her with red, green, white, very light blonde, blue, pink... And various streaked combinations of some of those too...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

"It worked for [...] Castlevania."

Going 3D 'worked' for Castlevania? Dafuq you talkin about? You're dead to me, Ms. Foiles.

"Because you know you're in trouble when your game is called Starforce Pegasus."

ROFL. Okay, okay, you redeemed yourself.

Dammit, Lisa, where have you been?! The lawn needs mowing!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here