Zero Punctuation: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

Watch Video

Not Bioshock? Yahtzee, you charismatic stallion. Way to not jump on the bandwagon like every other freaking reviewer in existence. *clap**clap*

Huh, I might pick this up, sounds interesting.

EDIT: You guys can stop quoting me with how bad the game plays, I wouldn't buy it right now anyways, I was talking about getting it when Steam had it for $5 or some shit like that. God knows I've done worse with my money.

Like buy the Legend of Alon Dar on a whim.

I mean Bioshock is a game he can take his time in getting to. The general opinion is that its a masterpiece, so what if he takes a little while getting around to it? Honestly,if you were going to buy it, or not, you've made that call by now.

Huh. After Angry Joe's review, I figured this review would be a bloodbath too. Because what he showed looked pretty bad, and not just graphics-wise, but also the zombie AI. Yeah, they're brainless, but navigating a doorway or walking straight at you without turning around and smashing a nearby wall is still the least we'd expect.

Maybe they patched it? Eh, anyway, didn't care about this game before Angry's review, didn't care after, still don't really care.

And BTW, I'm still deciding if I buy Bioshock or wait for a price drop.

ShermTank7272:
Not Bioshock? Yahtzee, you charismatic stallion. Way to not jump on the bandwagon like every other freaking reviewer in existence. *clap**clap*

According to the end credits, he's doing it next week.

It's weird to see the same mixing panel you have in a Zero Punctuation episode...

You actually got this game to work properly?

Fayathon:
Huh, I might pick this up, sounds interesting.

No, no it doesnt, the only positive thing to say about it is that since the budget was so tight they couldnt manage to fill it with QTE an scripted setpieces. It still sucks a lot more then it should.

he actually liked it? color me surprised.

Well, he was actually a lot gentler to this game than everyone else.

Not that I'm about to rush out and buy it. It may not be quite as shit as some have made it out to be, but it is waaaaay below average.

HA! That was a very good end credits joke. :) Well done.

As for the game, same it doesn't do more with it's ideas.
Oh well. Bioshock next week at least, right? That should be good.

I can't tell if I was surprised by how nice this review was to Survival Instinct because that was what I've been hearing everywhere else, or if it's because I'm such a Telltale fanboy that I can't stand the idea of something else being even worth mentioning in the same breath...

bificommander:
Huh. After Angry Joe's review, I figured this review would be a bloodbath too. Because what he showed looked pretty bad, and not just graphics-wise, but also the zombie AI. Yeah, they're brainless, but navigating a doorway or walking straight at you without turning around and smashing a nearby wall is still the least we'd expect.

Maybe they patched it? Eh, anyway, didn't care about this game before Angry's review, didn't care after, still don't really care.

In my opinion, it's worth the 60. So it's well worth the 40-50.

Eaten by Stegosaurus...yeah, I can sympathise, zombies usually aren't interesting anymore, which is a shame, because they could be done in actually interesting ways as long as people bother.

I was under the impression that this game was buggier than an entomologist's lab, is that not the case?

rayen020:
he actually liked it? color me surprised.

I know right with the way most people have reacted to this game I was expecting a absolute bloodbath.

Sounds interesting might pick it up during a steam sale.

also yeah sony needs to let god of war die in my opinion god of war should have stopped after the first one.

ShermTank7272:

I must ask, did you actually watch the episode? It said a couple of times that he's doing it next week.

He just needs to think up some butt metaphors first.

So he is jumping on this bandwagon, just later than everyone else. Although I'm not sure how reviewing Bioshock Infinite would be particularly bad.

Everyone really wants YZ to review Bioshock, I bought it on steam for sod all pounds. It is good, but the AI got thrown out of special school. So it's nice he didn't because I don't want him to ruin it before I have finished it.

bificommander:

Maybe they patched it?

Maybe it didn't it Joe's usual narrative of fellatio to super-hyped AAA titles?

I could definitely see GoW getting that kind of shitty reboot. Though unlike Dante who went from charismatic to annoying bore, Kratos would just go from one kind of annoying bore to a different kind.

Wow, Yahtzee and the Imp partnering up to survive!
It looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship

Looks like it's Organ Trail but not as fun, hmph.

I would totally buy that God of War reboot !

Batadon:

You misspelled...

Actually, considering the Walking Dead franchise in general, that spelling works quite well.

I'm surprised you actually liked the game Yahtzee, hmm, very interesting. I found the game rather repetitive and bland, copy pasted areas and the like. The story also lacked, Merle was like if maybe 20% in the game.

All in all a sub par game that shouldn't of have been released so soon or even made in the first place.

bificommander:

Around 13:30, this looks dull. Fun for sec, but $50ish?

Off topic a bit: Bioshock strikes me as difficult. I'm stuck already! $60 down the drain? I'll keep trying.

Wow, between the Angry Joe review and the 2/10 from Jim Sterling I really expected Yahtzee to be harder on this.

bificommander:

Gorfias:

snip

anthony87:

snip

I thought the exact same thing.

Maybe Yahtzee burned out a bit after SimCity; one can only get so angry within a short stretch of time before they start getting Gaming Stockholm syndrome, siding with their tormentors

Tahaneira:

Batadon:

You misspelled...

No he didn't.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/233740/

Tahaneira:

Batadon:

You misspelled...

Actually, considering the Walking Dead franchise in general, that spelling works quite well.

No, there is actually a game called Organ Trail. It is a zombie parody of Oregon Trail.

As for this, I will definitely give it a pass. I am about burnt out on zombies at this point.

Darnit, I was ninja'ed!

I have no idea what just happened, but I am pretty sure Yahtzee hated this game less than 99% of other reviewers. Hm. Life just keeps on surprising me.

Hmm, my cousin bought this game because he is a fan of the show, I might be able to borrow it off him for some quick lulz.

The game itself looks arse, but hey, maybe that will translate to some fun that wears off over the weekend.

It loses something by my saying so now, but I had already assumed Bioshock Infinite was going to be at least two weeks after the initial release. in fact, I had resigned myself that Yahtzee may not review it at all. Unlikely give how every other reviewer on the planet has given it a golden crown for the best handjobs ever. I doubt if he'd be able to ignore because of that. But Zero Punctuation rarely covers a game on the same day as release. Usually it's a couple weeks later and patience is something we've long since bred out of the species, it seems.

As for that zombie game. meh. It's a zombie game. I sure there is nuance to flicking cat turds across the kitchen floor, but I don't want to know about it. I got the telltale game to see what all the fuss was about and didn't like it. Interestingly, I was reminded of that Walking Dead game when I later tried the Mass Effect 2 demo. That game plays exactly the same except it has a boring shooting gallery mechanic added.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here