Miracle of Sound: Half Man's Song (Game of Thrones)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Half Man's Song (Game of Thrones)

But this game we all play is won in wily ways and sly is this littlest lord.

Watch Video

Nice stuff as always, but this one doesn't really appeal to me since I know jack nothing about Game of Thrones.

...thank you for this. Love it.

No reference to praying with cocks?
2/10 :P

love it he's the best charter on the show.

Fantastic... simply fantastic.

Jungy 365:

Thank you :) This one was a pleasure to write as I love the character

the darknees abyss:

Yeah, him and Arya are my two favorite characters :)

'Chasing a cat' - best delivered line in the series :D

Thanks a lot, now I have too do an archive binge of the show. I only know a smattering of what has been going on in the story from having others watching it in background while I'm gaming but I did see a lot of the little bloke so I know how well this song fits him.

Great song, I think it's a testament to the show/books as well as Gav that a character the audience sees as a sympathetic underdog anti-hero can get a traditional villain song and still have it seem completely appropriate.

Too much autotune 5/10 :P
Anyway good song about one of my fav characters ^_^
captcha:harp on
Hmm soundly appropriate

knight steel:
anyway good song about one of my fav characters ^_^
Hmm soundly appropriate

There is a harp in there alright, buried beneath the Dulcimer :D

I think this one could definitely be a "grower", I don't love it straight away as I have with some of your other songs, but I can definitely see me coming to enjoy it more and more after a few listens.

Good work as always, Gav.

MiracleOfSound:

knight steel:
anyway good song about one of my fav characters ^_^
Hmm soundly appropriate

There is a harp in there alright, buried beneath the Dulcimer :D

Gwhhhahahaha good one soundwave......you are secretly sound wave aren't you?

Can you, like... stop making awesome songs about stuff I don't know anything about? It keeps making me went to go and consume it.

>.>

Now you shalt compose song worthy of young and cunning beast that's known as Arya Stark!
I'm sorry, my old-style English sucks... Anyway, I was always amazed by Gav's ability to convey the game's (or in that case character's) feeling into a song. Awesome work.

That was awesome. I almost always enjoy your work. Will this track be on Level 3?

That was brilliant (and it always gives me a buzz to hear great quality stuff made of franchises I love).

Tyrion was the perfect choice, too. If you were ever to revisit GoT on Miracle, a song for Stannis would be awesome too, uncompromising in tone and character.

Fucking awesome as always Gav! Tyrion is definitely my favorite character in the books and show.

Mcoffey:
Fucking awesome as always Gav! Tyrion is definitely my favorite character in the books and show. SNIP FOR SPOILER

please mind the spoilers for the rest of us

Ralen-Sharr:

Mcoffey:
Fucking awesome as always Gav! Tyrion is definitely my favorite character in the books and show. SNIP FOR SPOILER

please mind the spoilers for the rest of us

Ah you're right. I thought I was being vague enough but even the tiniest thing is big for this series. My bad!

MiracleOfSound:

Jungy 365:

Thank you :) This one was a pleasure to write as I love the character

the darknees abyss:

Yeah, him and Arya are my two favorite characters :)

'Chasing a cat' - best delivered line in the series :D

Pff, everyone knows Joffrey is teh greetest!....I wanna punch him so hard.

OT: Nice tune, I like it. :p

Captcha: That's all, folks

I didn't know Porky was making these captchas.

I don't know whether to praise you or curse you Mr Dunne. Due to this song, I have bought the first season.

You made it again, you outdone yourself. Really love it....
sooooo....
On to spread the word of this song to my friends! ONWARD!!!

DVS BSTrD:
No reference to praying with cocks?
2/10 :P

Oh come now, surely

Gavin:
With a clink of a coin loose the lion's loin
Play a tune on the half man's pipe

was close enough...

"Cut through all their shit with a brazen wit
Moulding puppets from their minds of clay"

Awesome.

Great song, Gavin! I liked how you added the scene of Tyrion bitch-slapping Joffrey. He is the coolest character on the show, without even drawing a sword.

This son is in my top 2 favorite songs of all time.

Really nice one! It really was a age appropriate song, but I am a bit confused.

!!!SPOILER for season 2!!!

"And the ravens black against the winter's mist
Are whispering the half-man's song"

This is clearly a reference to the people of the Night watch, but why did you choose them to whisper the song? Does it not make more sense to let the defenders of kings landing, who were under the command of tyrion and actually started the term "Half-man", whisper the song?

Not going all, DOESN'T MAKE SENSE IN LORE, on you, but I am just curious.

Still a great song though.

Brilliant. And I like how the music is all Games of Thronesish as well. :)

Awesome character to do it about too. I really felt for the little guy in the first episode of season 2

That Tywin Lannister in one true prick.

Edit: Spelling

Nice one, for a change :)

That was great, and I thank the video editor for not putting anything really spoiler-ish in the video itself, as me and some others have yet to see as much as people in other countries. I'm two episodes away from the end of season two.

Was it hard to get the music sounding like something from Westeros? Because it sounds like it belongs there.

blackdwarf:

While I used imagery of the Night's Watch in the video because I liked the double entendre nature, felt very Tyrion-esque. I took the line to mean that the messages the raven's carry around the realm are laced with Tyrion's plots, schemes and such as he manipulates those around him.

Or at least that was my interpretation.

Slycne:

blackdwarf:

While I used imagery of the Night's Watch in the video because I liked the double entendre nature, felt very Tyrion-esque. I took the line to mean that the messages the raven's carry around the realm are laced with Tyrion's plots, schemes and such as he manipulates those around him.

Ah, I was wondering the same things, cheers for answering that. Also, Kudo for the awesome editing without spoiling, although with Tyrion it would have been easier since his best moments are usually with words. But still, thanks!

Slycne:

blackdwarf:

That makes a lot of sense. You have fooled me with your great video editing, You win this round in the game of wit!

Ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here