On Dongles

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

ToastedCorpser4Lunch:
Does this have to do with that chick who did that thing cause those guys made that joke about that thing or something? If so, I didn't see the connection, then again, I'm half asleep.
(First!)

Oddly enough, I understood that better than Math class.

ToastedCorpser4Lunch:
Does this have to do with that chick who did that thing cause those guys made that joke about that thing or something? If so, I didn't see the connection, then again, I'm half asleep.
(First!)

I think it's about the new Machinima show. Where they spank strippers or something for being bad at Guitar Hero.

ToastedCorpser4Lunch:
(First!)

I would be careful about talking about her, she is a member of the forums and likes to report people who say unkind things about her. So if you say unkind things you will get slapped with calling another escapist names and being inpolite and such.

EDIT: On the OT so I dont get slapped with another low content post for not talking much about the original post; Yay, yet more sexism stuff a couple of weeks out of date, just what the escapist needs!

From this perspective it looks more like Zone of the End her's.

That fourth panel. Wow hilarious.

MMMMMMMMMM that one sexy ass all right-You should do more strips like this Desu

ToastedCorpser4Lunch:
(First!)

The title obviously does, but the comic seems more like a reference to that GDC party.

I always wondered what kind of people plays Dwarf Fortress.

ToastedCorpser4Lunch:
(First!)

Well, maybe not directly, but then it's not totally unrelated.

Dongles?!

Anyway, that last panel was just fantastic.

I think Cory just wanted an excuse to draw lady butts. haha XD

Mullahgrrl:
I always wondered what kind of people plays Dwarf Fortress.

Masochists and madmen. ;)

DVS BSTrD:
From this perspective it looks more like Zone of Enders.

Also. Butts. Booty booty booty booty.

I approve of this fan service!

But this does'n't really happen does it?

Andy Shandy:
Dongles?!

I remember that, she lost her job in the end as well.

"Testosterzone" -- my new favourite word!

hazabaza1:
I think it's about the new Machinima show. Where they spank strippers or something for being bad at Guitar Hero.

Pretty sure it's not, because Grey learned of that show only yesterday, if I'm not mistaken. I think Cory and him are good, but not that good to put out a strip in such a rather short amount of time.

hazabaza1:

I enjoy both spanking strippers and Guitar Hero. The thought of combining those two things has never occurred to me. However, now that it has brought to my attention I can see how those things would be a natural fit. Now if you will excuse me I'm off to go buy a paddle and see about hiring a few strippers for the evening.

So is this about that woman who got those guys fired over a dongle joke?

wackelpudding:
"Testosterzone" -- my new favourite word!

hazabaza1:

Pretty sure it's not, because Grey learned of that show only yesterday, if I'm not mistaken. I think Cory and him are good, but not that good to put out a strip in such a rather short amount of time.

They work on them days in advance when all is well, yeah. This is probably related more to the story that a female developer had of rampant chauvinism in the industry/at the cons, as well as real life stories of how fucking surreal and pandering press events are (an RPS reporter, Cara had a tale of sitting around on chairs made to look like gold teeth while discussing BDSM with a Far Cry 3 Developer)

For those who don't know, this is about that conference party recently (think it was an IGDA conference) that brought out a bunch of dancer in what looked like a semi-professional environment for no apparent reason other than to have dancers.

Dwarf Fortress?! I would call her a freak and storm out.

Cory, you are a natural.

Evil Smurf:
I approve of this fan service!

But this does'n't really happen does it?

At the Yetizen party last year:

"I am not a believer in black and white issues about body image and sexism. I think it's all a continuum, you'll always find people more extreme than you in any direction, and context is very important. That said, I think the women wearing only body paint from the waist up at a games industry party, literally on the arm of one of the founders of the company, sends a very destructive image. "
- Noah Falstein

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/NoahFalstein/20120313/165635/The_Yetizen_Party.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Falstein

It seems like it really does happen :(

canadamus_prime:
So is this about that woman who got those guys fired over a dongle joke?

Its a reference to that but also to the various after parties at recent conferences (including by Mojang) where there were rather underdressed dancers, who quite obviously weren't conference attendees. Mojang's excuse was that they were hired by the venue, not them.

Irridium:
For those who don't know, this is about that conference recently (think it was an IGDA conference) that brought out strippers in what should have been a professional environment for no apparent reason other than to have strippers.

I am not suggesting it makes it okay (because it was a really stupid idea), but they were dancers, not strippers, and it was at a party, not the conference itself.

Irridium:
For those who don't know, this is about that conference recently (think it was an IGDA conference) that brought out strippers in what should have been a professional environment for no apparent reason other than to have strippers.

Is this another prude USA thing? as in the UK our shopping centre's (malls to you I believe) have strippers during the day all the time and people of all ages just accept it I've never seen women when with there children show any offence anyway.

Kumagawa Misogi:

Irridium:

Is this another prude USA thing? as in the UK our shopping centre's (malls to you I believe) have strippers during the day all the time and people of all ages just accept it I've never seen women when with there children show any offence anyway.

We have strippers in our malls? Since when?

I'm sure they have a lot of collage tuition fees to pay
'but I'm really good at video games', ill be the judge of that

Kumagawa Misogi:

Err have you been smoking some "special" tobacco? I have never even heard of strippers in shopping centres, could you provide some sort of proof? I know its hard to tell the difference between Essex girls and strippers but Essex girls don't take of their clothes in public until they have had at least 3 hours of drinking time.

Legion:

Irridium:

I am not suggesting it makes it okay (because it was a really stupid idea), but they were dancers, not strippers, and it was at a party, not the conference itself.

Really? My mistake then.

Correct, they weren't strippers, and they were dressed in "yeti" costumes that were fairly demure (unlike the Wargaming party, where they were barely dressed). In the case of the IGDA party, it's still considered a professional event as many designers uses such GDC events to network, pursue job leads, etc.

ToastedCorpser4Lunch:
(First!)

it is about what you think it is.
the guy way fired for a dick joke by the company who he worked for, the company who she worked for was then DDOSed to death and they then fired her.

Andy Shandy:
Dongles?!

thats it!
you dongle goofed, son!
*cyberpolice inbound*

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook