On Dongles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Mr Companion:

Aramis Night:

Mr Companion:

I think the topic being discussed isn't so much HOW hardcore the nightclubs you frequent are so much as not even slightly about that at all! I think they were talking about strippers being used as a cheap method of advertising the product at a games convention rather than their rightful place at a club, the repercussions of which is a perpetuation of gaming as a singularly male hobby.

Wait, so adding females to the event and even paying them to be there = keeping women out of gaming conventions? I'm so confused. Sounds to me like going to great lengths to get women into gaming conventions. I thought that was what everyone wanted.

I am going to assume you are not joking (if you are its actually quite funny :D)
Hiring people to go to something as eye candy is not the same thing. These ladies and "Booth Babes" have no interest in gaming and they are hired to attract sexually frustrated male teens to these events. A heterosexual woman trying to attend these events would feel alienated. Its like how a guy feels weird watching Twilight.

Watching twilight is supposed to feel weird? I've been doing it all wrong then. All i feel is contempt. Even so, while i may complain about other people's lack of standards i wouldn't feel entitled to banning people from watching it. Personally i prefer to see that as just an indicator of an easily entertained dolt, and act accordingly around them. Maybe start with finger puppets, move onto sock puppets if i'm feeling charitable. Perhaps throw them a pop up book or a ball in a cup when i no longer feel like entertaining them myself.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here