The Cartoon Connoisseur's Quiz

5/10 when I only ever watched two of those (Dexter and the Powerpuff Girls), not bad at all :)

6/10 And I have never actually "watched" any of the shows mentioned except for the occasional clip/ep so I'm supprised I did so well ^_^

10/10

Couldn't you come up with some more obscure cartoons? Like Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys?

9/10 on first try since I don't watch all of the Adult Swim shows (Squidbillies and Metalocalypse) so it took me on my third try to get it 10/ 10 which was worth it (I loved Venture Bros).

8/10

Not bad, considering I guessed most of them

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Cartoon Connoisseur's Quiz.
Take this quiz

Nice quiz, I loved seeing familiar faces! Though I did mess up on two of them leaving me to get only 8/10 the first time around. Still, enjoyed it plus I would love it if Cartoon Network made new episodes out of the classics.

I guessed most of them as well. 8/10, not too bad.
Everyone should watch Venture Bros.

I am lucky to have guessed so many, seeing as I had only seen the childrens cartoons in there.

Silly Escapist, None of those ones on Adult Swim are cartoons. They are filth that should be wiped from the earth

You're currently ranked 1099th out of 1101 total entries.

Man, didn't managed to get last ...

I'm quite out with these cartoons... damn Europe :P

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Cartoon Connoisseur's Quiz.
Take this quiz

x-Tomfoolery-x:
I guessed most of them as well. 8/10, not too bad.
Everyone should watch Venture Bros.

GO TEAM VENTURE!

7/10. I think we should probably get points for getting some of the ones about Adult Swim comedy wrong. I'm not exactly sure Squidbillies is something a connoisseur would watch :P

First time around, 100%.

I feel like this one was a bit too easy, or maybe I just have a problem....

100% on the first try. I'm not gloating.
Most folks with cable television during the 90s and 00s stand to knock this one out of the park.

It is good to bring up this subject, however. Because most of these toons are recent additions to Netflix streaming.

Go watch 'em. There is some golden tongue in cheek humor to be had.

demonjazz:
Silly Escapist, None of those ones on Adult Swim are cartoons. They are filth that should be wiped from the earth

Venture Brothers is on Adult Swim. Your opinion is wrong.

McMarbles:

demonjazz:

Venture Brothers is on Adult Swim. Your opinion is wrong.

Eh not as funny as some other shows but it's okay

Tony Clifton option gave me a chuckle.

Woa woa woa woa.

Wow, I only know of two of those at all: Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls.
Also, because I started the quiz some days ago but didn't answer anything when I saw the first question and now came back to it, I have the amazing time of 1468:30. Yay me?

I suppose the cartoon shows and movies I used to enjoy aren't for "Connoisseurs"? DuckTales, Fairly Oddparents, Bob Morane, Tintin, Asterix & Obelix, Gargoyles? Too "mainstream" perhaps?

9/10 - the only one I didn't know was the Awesome X dude

Wow, by total fluke and guessing on the most part I got 80%! Half these shows I've never even heard of.

I ended up getting 80% on this one overall, with the two I missed being from the only two shows I have never seen.

Which reminds me; I really do need to check out The Venture Brothers sometime.

Well, I really fucked that up! Needed to be a Regular Show question in there methinks.

Kinda bothered me that some stuff in there was WRONG. Like the Adventure Time question, the only answer that was a character was Princess Bubblegum, but guess what? Finn has moved on from her and is all about Flame Princess now! Also, Venture Bros hasn't really been about Hank and Dean in a long time, Dr Venture and the Monarch and even #21 are major charactors that in many ways overshadow the kids.

Well, I guess wrong wasn't the right word, the quiz was just out of date.

Freakin' Squidbillies. I would have a perfect score if that repulsive excuse for "entertainment" wasn't on the list...

yipe:
Kinda bothered me that some stuff in there was WRONG. Like the Adventure Time question, the only answer that was a character was Princess Bubblegum, but guess what? Finn has moved on from her and is all about Flame Princess now! Also, Venture Bros hasn't really been about Hank and Dean in a long time, Dr Venture and the Monarch and even #21 are major charactors that in many ways overshadow the kids.

Well, I guess wrong wasn't the right word, the quiz was just out of date.

OR, every question is one that you should know by watching the first few episodes. So, there aren't any spoilers. Or to make it easy for people that are now curious and want to see those shows to at least catch up to the quiz.

Gregg Johnson:

OR, every question is one that you should know by watching the first few episodes. So, there aren't any spoilers. Or to make it easy for people that are now curious and want to see those shows to at least catch up to the quiz.

A spoiler-free quiz? Doesn't that seem a bit silly? It's a quiz, it's supposed to test our knowledge, trying to be spoiler-free sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

yipe:

Gregg Johnson:

A spoiler-free quiz? Doesn't that seem a bit silly? It's a quiz, it's supposed to test our knowledge, trying to be spoiler-free sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

If it was a more intensive quiz, maybe. This is just a generic glaze-over quiz. You get one question about each show, so it's a general knowledge style quiz, not an all-inclusive one.

If you want super mind-bending quizzes, go to Quizilla (if it's even still alive). Or wait for one of the in-depth ones that Escapist does every other week.

Have you been here long enough to realize they jump back in forth between in-depth and general-knowledge quizzes, depending on whether or not they're devoting the entire quiz to a single topic or spreading it out?

My point is, it's okay to have quizzes without spoilers. It's a thing that exists. Acting elitist about quizzes and pretending they all have to be this make-or-break is just stupid.

It does exist, clearly. There's nothing wrong with me saying that it's not my preference however.

I'm quite a cartoon junkie and avid collector of old shit, so... of the cartoons mentioned / asked about here I only regularly watched, what, 3.5 and I actually still 'like' no more than 1.333. Meh squared.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here