Geekend Update: Robotic Jellyfish, Dragonflies, and Autonomous Arms

Robotic Jellyfish, Dragonflies, and Autonomous Arms

Your weekly look at the most interesting science stories in the ever-expanding universe.

For more on the stories this week, you can read about Jellyfish, Dragonflies, and Autonomous Arms.

To submit your favorite science stories or intro suggestions, send us an email here: GeekendUpdate@escapistmag.com

Watch Video

All I want for Christmas is a giant robot insect to terrorize my neighbors with.

That's a sentiment I can support fully. Where do I go to buy one of these bugs?

All I want for Christmas is a giant robot insect to terrorize my neighbors with.

You looked so happy when you were contemplating that.

And with this episode Ashley Esqueda officially joins the news team in their fear of robots. Never being able to mention robot news without bringing up skynet.

You and my nephew would get along just fine. He loves remote controlled gadgets. I give it 5 years--no more than 10--before they have cheap remote controlled dragonflies being sold to kids.

Not that I would buy such a thing. Well, not for myself but for my nephew, of course. <.<

As for DARPA we're counting on you to alert us when Skynet's undergoes an epiphany and becomes sentiet, Ashley! :)

I'm enjoying these shows: They're getting better every week. Don't leave us!

Oh come on.
Spellcheck didn't pick up "dragonfles"?

mmmmmm, robots, I love me some robots.

seriously when I'm thinking about future science, the idea a autonomous robots is high on the list.

"Fles" is Dutch for "bottle." Clearly this is intentional.

Copper Zen:

You and my nephew would get along just fine. He loves remote controlled gadgets. I give it 5 years--no more than 10--before they have cheap remote controlled dragonflies being sold to kids.

Not that I would buy such a thing. Well, not for myself but for my nephew, of course. <.<

As for DARPA we're counting on you to alert us when Skynet's undergoes an epiphany and becomes sentiet, Ashley! :)

I'm enjoying these shows: They're getting better every week. Don't leave us!

As long as Susan will have me, I shall keep doing stuff. :)

Also, I welcome my robot overlords, mostly because I'm a Cylon.

Keep up the good work, Ashley. This show is like a kinder, funnier version of slash dot. More puns, please. Kthxbye.

ellieallegro:
Keep up the good work, Ashley. This show is like a kinder, funnier version of slash dot. More puns, please. Kthxbye.

I concur. I love this show and it's content. But I am in dire need of more science puns!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here