Unskippable: The Amazing Spider-Man, Part One

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Amazing Spider-Man, Part One

Graham and Paul take you through the hallowed halls of Ocsorp.

Watch Video

Funny how a company that has 'corp' in it's name is always evil. You know like Lexcorp from DC.

I'm pro giving rhinos the ass of a bodybuilder, the human race need to do that more.

So... according to that ominous over-title at 1.35, we still have 1 minute and 25 seconds until 'The Event'.

Bet you it's cookies.

...I seriously hope this doesn't lead to people that troll MovieBob infesting this thread.

And the twist is Peter was actually a spider bitten by a radioactive teenage nerd :P

I'm shocked that not even once did you mention that this is a complete ripoff of the intro to Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's literally the same thing. A guy is lead along by his scientist girlfriend, through a building with a lot of labs that have clear glass walls, where scientist experiment with robots, while pumping out exposition, and then bad things happen.

Well Paul, Moviebob lied to you.

unacomn:
I'm shocked that not even once did you mention that this is a complete ripoff of the intro to Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's literally the same thing. A guy is lead along by his scientist girlfriend, through a building with a lot of labs that have clear glass walls, where scientist experiment with robots, while pumping out exposition, and then bad things happen.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's just so blatant it's not even funny. Also, it's all happening right before "the event" to cap things off.

Also, tiny little typo in the video description.

Ok the last comment made me laugh alot (the part Rhino part man gag).

They do what they must, because they can.

And to give humanity the wisdom of a rhino that can speak.

"Graze.....Charge.......Graze!"

So thaaat's what it's like to be Bill. Neat

The_Darkness:
So... according to that ominous over-title at 1.35, we still have 1 minute and 25 seconds until 'The Event'.

Bet you it's cookies.

Yes, cookies, the event is cookies .

Ok I actually lol'd at the "OFFICE RESEARCH" sign. Everyone is staring at me. PSSH it looks like they're buttprobing Rhino behind that doctor.

canadamus_prime:
Funny how a company that has 'corp' in it's name is always evil. You know like Lexcorp from DC.

Is there a fictional company not named Stark Industries or Wayne Enterprises that isn't evil? (And even those two have a few things to answer for.)

unacomn:

Well, Peter Parker never asked for this either.

JaredXE:
Well Paul, Moviebob lied to you.

Only partially. I hated everything in that movie involving Spider-man or the Lizard. Everything else was okay.

Was that Oscorp, or Veridian Dynamics? I think it was the same voice.

This was one of the worst openings to a game ever.
Like an awkward family them park ride on rails.
The Spider-man ride at universal was more engaging.

Cave Johnson would approve of Oscorp's science practices.

"Science isn't about why, it's about why not?!"

spwatkins:
Was that Oscorp, or Veridian Dynamics? I think it was the same voice.

Exactly! I was so hoping it would so completely veer into Veridian Dynamics style ads.

unacomn:

My first thought as well, for a moment I wondered if it wasn't a late LRR April's fool joke o.O

Isn't mutated rhino a better explanation for Rhino than "dude in a rhino suit. Why? No reason."

unacomn:

That's what I thought it was from the thumbnail before reading the title.

piscian:
Ok I actually lol'd at the "OFFICE RESEARCH" sign. Everyone is staring at me. PSSH it looks like they're buttprobing Rhino behind that doctor.

Why are they not more concerned about the rhino man? He's getting tazed and they're all just standing around talking.

I never asked for this.

*Dr. Insano laugh* SCIENCE!!!!!!!

unacomn:

I was hoping for a "walkies" joke in there, like from DE:HR, but I don't think Graham and Paul make a habit of recycling material, unlike some video game publishers. I think the "guided tour through the science lab opening" is a common plot device by now. To TVTropes!

piscian:

Just like the Lab Lab, where they Lab.

And despite what MovieBob said about Amazing Spider-Man, it's still more entertaining than Spider-Man 3.

Darth_Payn:

unacomn:

I was hoping for a "walkies" joke in there, like from DE:HR, but I don't think Graham and Paul make a habit of recycling material, unlike some video game publishers. I think the "guided tour through the science lab opening" is a common plot device by now. To TVTropes!

piscian:

Just like the Lab Lab, where they Lab.

And despite what MovieBob said about Amazing Spider-Man, it's still more entertaining than Spider-Man 3.

I love moviebob but I get feeling Marc Webb raped him as child or he was Sam Raimis dog in a previous life. His hate for this movie was beyond reasonable. Personally I thought it rocked. I mean on the surface its Spider-man on screen kicking ass shooting webs and stuff which is a passing grade right there. Then the absentee Parents and death tones in this movie were literally heart wrenching especially if you've lost a parent or a loved one. The rest of it was just above decent story with great acting from AG and action. Solid 8/10 I watched it a couple times with no complaints. I look forward to the sequel. I feel like some people go to every movie expecting The usual suspects or Schindlers list. Sometimes a movie is just a movie.

That was hilarious, but let's face it: that opening video really stacked 'em in your favour. And boy, do I love me some PR-related jokes.

I was not expecting the "twist" with the Rhino. Seems like Oscorp used Aperture's research as a springboard; They only reached Mantis-Men.

SCIENCE!

At 3:38, all I could think was "pick up that can".

P.S. Thanks

shrekfan246:
I was not expecting the "twist" with the Rhino. Seems like Oscorp used Aperture's research as a springboard; They only reached Mantis-Men.

SCIENCE!

They also seemed to have stolen Apatures safety protocals(as in "What are safety protocols?") as well.

I'm personally waiting for the twist where it's revealed OSCORP is actually run by an psychopathic AI, which is hooked into a giant Nerve Gas dispenser(which is hooked into the entire ventilation system). Because that could never, ever go wrong.

This almost doesn't look exactly like the Deus Ex HR intro.

In Oscorp's defence, that is a really nice ass.

Did anyone else notice that the opening femail announcer voice is the same as liara from mass effect? or was it just me?

NO we can go further than this we can create MORE-I propose to you a Goldfish injected with Human DNA!!
Think of all the things we could learn-what knowledge the goldfish Human could impart on us :P

Well that was a weird way for them to rework Rhino...

i really hope that at some point at the game you run into "the elephant" from invincible... maybie he can be a miniboss!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here