Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Combo Weapons

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Top 5 Combo Weapons

Single purpose weapons in games are so cliche.

Watch Video

Lisa, I think you are pretty, and you haven't hurt my body in a long time? So I was hoping that we could talk and be friends maybe and hold hands, and you would go with me? And when you went with me, you would be my real girlfriend.

Thumbs-up if you get the reference.

Red vs. Blue

So for the Kevin-Shark, do you throw it at the enemy, let them be crushed by the hefty cat, then have the shark start chowing down on what's left?

Wish I got paid for tying a plushy shark to a cat and throwing it at things.

I understand the Lancer is esp. good if you need to compensate for something.

EDIT: j/k

Nothing from Painkiller? At all?

Couldn't agree more with Dead Rising 2 as the top choice. So many fun weapons to use in that game. And it's one of the main reasons I always recommend it when somebody asks for a "zombie game"

Also, it's always good to see Bayonetta in a list =D

Renegade-pizza:
Lisa, I think you are pretty, and you haven't hurt my body in a long time? So I was hoping that we could talk and be friends maybe and hold hands, and you would go with me? And when you went with me, you would be my real girlfriend.

Red vs. Blue

That scene was hilarious. And sorta cute in a weird way.

OT: I haven't actually played FF8, but I did hear from somewhere that you could fire from Squall's Gunblade if you held down a certain button while he's attacking. I could be wrong though.

Renegade-pizza:

Red vs. Blue

Thumbs up? I think your on the wrong site mate.

I know that the show is about games, but I feel that this deserves a special mention.

*1:17, Specifically.

Kingdom Hearts was on the list.
It is therefore valid.

Seriously though, good list, though I much preferred Squall's gunblade to Lightning's.
Also, thank you for articulating my hatred for FFX-2's opening. Made my week.

scorptatious:

Renegade-pizza:

Red vs. Blue

That scene was hilarious. And sorta cute in a weird way.

OT: I haven't actually played FF8, but I did hear from somewhere that you could fire from Squall's Gunblade if you held down a certain button while he's attacking. I could be wrong though.

You COULD cause extra damage by pressing one of the shoulder buttons, but I believe the game claimed the blade just rumbled or something. It wasn't actual bullets.

OT: I'm just happy Lisa is back doing the Top 5. That's all I gotta say.
Umm, good choice of combo weapons too!
...My own combo weapon is called kick-punch, where I just fling my arms and legs at people hoping to hurt them somehow. But the flinging usually hurts me...

Your hatred of the X-2 opening is awesome. I remember when that was released and we all like '...so what's the punchline because this has to be a joke?'

I would have thought Bayonetta's hair would get an honorable mention.

Who was that dark mysterious figure behind Lisa at 2:30?

Is...

Is it Blendy?

Also, Bayonetta wins all the things, ever.

Thank you Lisa for opening a whole new world of genetic weapons for us... view an image of the end....

http://www.lolcats.com/popular/20037.html

That said, for multi-use weapons I've always been kind of fond of "The Glaive" from Dark Sector (I think I remember the name correctly, it's been a long time).

For the real world I'm partial to this:

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/06/16/wasp-injector-knife.html

Basically it's a knife that injects compressed gas into whatever you stab, it was intended for underwater use so if you stabbed something like a shark, it would case the dying shark to float away from you. Not sure if it would save you from the Kevinshark though.

"Get off me." That's what she said.

Akichi Daikashima:
I know that the show is about games, but I feel that this deserves a special mention.

*1:17, Specifically.

:) Okay, that was pretty good.

Good list Lisa.
Also, your weapon may kill people by giving them a seizure from an overload of cuteness.

Captcha: gangnam style

......Okay.

Aww. Poor Kevin.

You had me at "Kevin-shark". Prrrr....

Gunchucks? The way I always whack myself in the head with my foam rubber practice 'chuks I wouldn't last five minutes with a pair of those...

,,,still want some though. <.<

Pretty good list Lisa although there are so many good combo weapons is really hard to make a top 5 list, just sayin'.

Very nice :)

Am I the only person who instantly thought of the ZP review of painkiller?

"It shoots shurikens and lightning, the only way it could be more awesome is if it had tits and was on fire."

That fucking music at 00:37... I just can't take anything seriously with that music after all those countless GMOD clips! Anyway, that's quite a nice list... except "IT SHOOTS SHURIKENS AND LIGHTING! IT COULD ONLY BE COOLER IF IT HAD TITS AND WAS ON FIRE!"

Kevin can't hold a candle to Bear Holding a Shark.

"The lancer is the manliest weapon..."

-Shows woman using it-

I lol'd.

I want to combine all these weapons. Create something truly awe inspiring like Gunkeyblade-chucks.

Didn't you use to have a black cat? What happened to him?

Add another person to the "dissapointed she didn't mention Painkiller" list.

Why didn't they call them gunchucks? WHY!? D:
Anyone, everyone knows swordchucks are better. Just ask fighter.

You just briefly mentioned Nevan and didn't include anything from the Painkiller? FOR SHAME!!!

Oh silly Lisa, the Keyblade hasn't been used to un/lock worlds since KH2, since then its been used to... errr... what the fuck are the other games about again!?

ShirowShirow:
"The lancer is the manliest weapon..."

-Shows woman using it-

I lol'd.

I want to combine all these weapons. Create something truly awe inspiring like Gunkeyblade-chucks.

I thought you wrote Monkeyblade-chucks for a second! XD

Awww... no Pandora from DMC4? I didn't really care for 4 but the Pandora was awesome.

That cat is so passive, if I tried that with my cats, I would probably lose both arms.

I'm half expecting Lisa to be beaten to death by a keyblade wielding fanboys for adding the gunblade to the list.

Huh, I thought you had a black cat... and there was another one in that shot... how many cats do you have? Not judging, I have two m'self.

Also, there are plenty of weapons that can be used in multiple ways, it's just that they're ways the makers didn't intend for them to be used, and can be as simple as pistol-whipping or smacking someone with the pommel of a dagger, so... the pool of possibilities here is actually quite a lot deeper than you may think when looking at things from a different angle...

Also... no Fallout 3/NV Shishkebob honourable mention? It combines two essential functions in a melee weapon, slashing and burning... and you could probably cook stuff with it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here