Zero Punctuation: BioShock: Infinite

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

There's only one bit I flat out disagree with in this review: The party.

It might seem like we're the party and shit is getting messy because of us, but that's a lie. The place starts out all fine and ends with you walking out of the rubble... and that's only because you teleported into the rubble after everyone else had gone. You actually aren't there when shit gets messy, you just kinda walked into a world in which shit was already messy... from a world in which shit couldn't get messy. In fact, you get a statement explaining that the only messy shit the other you contributed before dying was to burn a building down. Then, afterwards, you keep showing up to areas where there was just a party not five minutes ago, but most party-goers are gone now and you're left dealing with the angry ones that stayed behind to clean up.

Otherwise, yeah, the rest of what he said was true.

uchytjes:

OT: The 4 gay guys had significance? I just thought they were there to sound nice and look pretty.

"The Gayest Quartet in Columbia" were first seen singing God Only Knows, a song that, according to Tv Tropes, was released in 1966. If you've gotten to the last third of the game, you'll know why this is significant.

Parakeettheprawn:
that horribly bland forced stealth section near the end

There was a forced stealth section? Wow, it was pretty terribly enforced as I completely missed it. What bit was it?

That Guy Ya Know:
There was a forced stealth section? Wow, it was pretty terribly enforced as I completely missed it. What bit was it?

That Guy Ya Know:

Parakeettheprawn:
that horribly bland forced stealth section near the end

Did you watch the trailer with the Boys of Silence and how they were hyped up to be "heavy hitters" or something like that? Turns out they're only in one part of the game.

EDIT: Ninja'd

I see. Never realised you're meant to sneak past those guys I just killed them all, I was only on medium so I didn't have any trouble. Actually I found that section quite interesting as it was the only part of the game where I had to worry about ammo.

1rock:
I actually wanted to Google the new Bioshock Infinite and get more info on the game like "can it be played offline" Now normally this would be a stupid question to ask.

I'm sorry, I don't see the relevance. If this game, one of the most highly anticipated in recent years, had always-online DRM, don't you think some of the reviews would have mentioned it? You can rest safely knowing that Bioshock Infinite does not have an always-on DM requirement.

Our internet takes 5 minutes just to bring up Google.

I'm well aware that internet connections have variable reliability. Heck, my own connection is down more often than it should be. But taking 5 minutes to load Google? Something is very wrong there. That's not just a matter of an unreliable connection - that would be an indication that you're attempting to run Netscape Navigator on a Commodore 64 with a 300 baud MODEM.

That's just not credible. How are you posting on The Escapist, if that's the case? The Escapist's pages are far slower to load and less reliable than Google.

Why oh why do games need to be online ALL THE TIME? Also ever wondered what will happen when those servers go the way of the dodo???

Again, Bioshock Infinite does not need to be online at all.

This game seems pretty interesting, a lot more than the two previous Bioshock games IMO.

A new game to keep me away from Minecraft sounds good. The biggest question is, do you have such scarce ammo like in System Shock 2?

Abandon4093:

1337mokro:

Perhaps the best review of the game I've seen.

I don't think I could argue with one thing he said... except maybe that the singing section was touching. I thought it was one of those awkward butt-crawling moments.

Yeah it was a bit forced, I still liked it better than going back to the shooting... but I'll take anything I can get from this game really. You'd think with the whole SONGBIRD theme they'd do a better job weaving song and music into your powers and interactions.... but no. It's relegated to tiny little pieces.

Hutzpah Chicken:
A new game to keep me away from Minecraft sounds good. The biggest question is, do you have such scarce ammo like in System Shock 2?

Nope. Elizabeth will even throw you ammo when you need it. The only issue there is that you sometimes run low on ammo for the two guns you are carrying, while having plenty of ammo for other guns you don't have. But it's not a big deal.

1337mokro:

Abandon4093:

1337mokro:

Perhaps the best review of the game I've seen.

I don't think I could argue with one thing he said... except maybe that the singing section was touching. I thought it was one of those awkward butt-crawling moments.

Yeah it was a bit forced, I still liked it better than going back to the shooting... but I'll take anything I can get from this game really. You'd think with the whole SONGBIRD theme they'd do a better job weaving song and music into your powers and interactions.... but no. It's relegated to tiny little pieces.

A song based vigor would have been pretty interesting. Shame they all ended up being either useless or boring.

I reaaaaaaaalllly wanted to love this game. But I don't think I've ever been so thoroughly disappointed in one. It's certainly not one of the worst games to come out, in-fact it's still pretty damn good. But I was expecting soooo much more.

It attempted to be a character piece in contrast to the first game which was about Rapture more than any of it's characters. But I'd say it didn't manage it half as well as Bioshock 2 did.

I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again. The relationship between the Alpha daddy and his little sister was a thousand times more touching than the relationship between Booker and Elizabeth.

Because throughout 99% of the game, there isn't a relationship. There's forced scenes of interaction. Like the trite conversations and the forced "we're deep, we're singing and there's an acoustic guitar" stuff. But there's no history there thanks to massive plot convenience, no meaning behind any of what they're doing or saying. It's all just empty.

Religious Nutter =/= Sense

I don't think you could have had a Religious figure and have him make any form of sense, beyond understand religious fervor, to which I'd have to wrap myself up in a straight jacket to understand religious doctrine.

What is the significance of the gay quartet other than they're ripping off The Beach Boys?

Based on this I'm going to buy it once I finish Bioshock 1 & 2

As so often, well put Yahtzee!
Infinite IS a butt, with partially shit-covered walls, but still cozy and better than most other butts.
I never said i wouldn't like it (even in another thread about the topic where i already pointed out many things i found flawed within the game), but i also stick to my statement, that it is overrated by most "famous" reviewers (though cozy, it definetly isn't a "perfect", 10/10 butt) and therefore Yahtzee's review is, including all sarcasm and nitpicking about it, in fact the best "major review" i've seen so far.

And because the shiny things inside this butt you can talk about are which make me even more interested in this type of game, i wanna discuss some of them some more :).

Minor spoilers ahead, when there come major spoilers, i'll mark them.

First, the Vigor thing.

Silk_Sk:
"Maybe they fell out of a reality rift to the convenience dimension."

Good guess, Yahtzee. That dimension would be Rapture.
*snip*

R.Nevermore:
In the game it states that vigors are a very new thing. Fink observed a famous biologist (presumably suchong) through a tear and brought the technology to Columbia.
*snip*

Jennacide:
I'm guessing Yahtzee missed a voxophone or two, cause his comment on Vigors is explained.

Maybe i've skipped the respective Voxophone too, or maybe i got it but it was one of the few i found rather uninteresting and therefore can't remember that well (i do remember that some of Columbias techs & ideas were adopted from other dimensions, but wouldn't have known this specific detail about the Vigors).
However, for me, that doesn't make it really better in this case. I think it is one of those little fan-services they implemented in the game, or maybe they were a bit to lazy and thought "so, how do we explain the Vigors now? - Whatever, just make some relation to Rapture and we're good to go".
Now, why wouldn't i like this explanaition? Well, nothing against fan-service, but i find it out of place, when it messes to much with the consistency of the material itself, which this point does in my opinion (also the reason i sometimes find it hard to feel good about some reboots/ spinoffs, but that's another thing)! First, Fink is a techician and a marketeer, being the reason i would buy, that he was adopting/ stealing some of the technology from Rapture, but the Plasmids are on a very different level! They have nothing to do with "technology", but are obviously bio-genetic augmentations, which in Rapture are first developed through the discovery of the deep-sea slug, which itself produced actual plasmids, and which were later implemented in the Little Sisters simply to increase productivity, being the only way to be able to supply Rapture with what most of it's citizens were longing for by then. So my questions i haven't found answered yet would be: How would Fink be capable of reproducing this biologic "miracle" in the first place? He doesn't have the expertise, noone else is mentioned who could have (the Luteces are prodigies in physics, but not bio-genetics), also, where are all the sea slugs or Little Sisters producing this stuff? Or are there some sort of sky slugs, which produce the salts? Or does he just scramble up bird poo and makes it into salts? How is he able to deal with the high addiction and mutation problems which were part of Raptures downfall (and while the uncontrolled mutations seemed to have kicked in rather late, when splicing wasn't monitored anymore, it is described that addiction and resulting psychical instability appeared rather early on some subjects consuming ADAM). Correct me, if i've missed it, but all this is left open, leaving me with the impression that the game's nerrative is loose at some points where for example Bioshock was rather well constructed and it makes me feel like it would just say "you have superpowers now, some enemies have them as well, others don't, that's just how this game works, now move along please".
Also some of the Vigors themselves bother me: Where the Plasmids were mainly mutating the body, giving it bio-chemical properties or enhanced psychic abilities (throwing blobs of chemicals at enemies to confuse them, go all crazy with telecinesis or in Bioshock 2, scout areas with mental self projection, which i found rather awesome), i just don't get how some of the Vigors would function. Maybe i didn't pay enough attention within the game - shame on me if i didn't - but what does Bucking Bronco do exactly? Psychic powers maybe? But then, why can't i use them as it was possible in Bioshock and why do i have to use another Vigor (Undertow) to do the cool push and pull tricks, while this appears to work very differently and is presented very late in the game. Messing with gravity in some way? Possible, would work with the physic-theories presented throughout the game, but how would Fink be able to make this into a bio-genetic enhancement? What would hinder me from just jumping of the city and safely land on the surface again (while i also like the idea of a bedsheat parashute XD), or bring down the whole city to do so? And that Possession Vigor was just meh: Sure, "charming" other humans psychically or even chemically is possible, but you can't "charm" machines, which even is it's primary function - and that "specter woman" animation doesn't make it better! Sure, it makes combat much more fluent, but is even less logical than the plumbing mini-game presented in Bioshock, other than being some form of "technomancy", which is basically "magic" and in my opinion not comparable to what is presented in this series.

Weeell... so much about the Vigors for me. Of course you could explain all this with the whole multidimension-kazoo, but then again, you could rather mindlessly explain EVERYTHING within the game through this, which i find rather boring.If any of you has other suggestions or knows something from the game i don't, please tell me, but i better move on to my next point now :)

Another thing is BioShock 2 and no, Yahtzee, i'm not getting out now. :P
Because Infinite is much, much closer to BioShock 2 than it is to BioShock and you know it!

Starting with the similarities in the story:
The respective city is now in the control of a "religious zealot" (Comstock for Columbia and Sofia Lamb for Rapture - oh, look at that name, another Lamb!) who in their own ways want to change the entire world, with the help of a single girl (Elizabeth purging the surface for Columbia and Eleanor "transcending" the Rapture Family and possibly the whole world for Rapture), which then has to be taken care of by the respective protagonis who functions as a "protector", but ends up resolving the whole thing and even protecting the "protector" by herself. Ohohohow isn't that obvious?!
And just as mentioned about the differences from Comstock to Ryan, i find Sophia Lamb a much better antagonist than Comstock, pretty much as good as Ryan himself!

And now for (kinda) bigger

Furthermore i think BioShock2 is actually a good sequel to BioShock, considerring it more or less shows many of the premises presented in BioShock from the exact opposite point of view, which is rather nice narration. Of course, if you don't like the philosophy presented in BioShock2 in general, the game is not for you, just as BioShock is not for you if you don't like to think about Rand's Objectivism and the "laissez-faire" mantality presented in the game, or Infinite is probably not for you if you dislike quantum- and multidimensional-theories. However, gameplay-wise BioShock 2 was also not very different from BioShock itself, some things where improved (i found the version of hacking much better than both those of BioShock and Infinite) some stayed as cool as they were in BioShock (Tonics and stuff, which made for some cool combos, but are now replaced with stupid randomized gear - bleh) while other things, for example the combat, was just as "bad" as it was in BioShock already and apart from some new features, like the sky-devices and combat related rifts still is kinda bad in Infinite - just in slighty different ways - again. Oh and before i forget it, look at the health/recource system as well: Full (up to "tot much") health and eve (as the Plasmid resource, similar to "salts") replenishers covered in BioShock, reduced (less then half the amount) in BioShock2 and now in Infinite, no more carriable replenishers, but a support who occasionaly gives you what you need. Just saying.

So if you, Yahtzee, or anyone else sharing this opinion

V TheSystem V:
Yahtzee's treatment of BioShock 2 is completely fair and justified. It was just such a 'so what?' storyline, it didn't need to be made, but it was. May it be forgotten in time.

BioShock Infinite is GOTY 2013 for me. GTA5 might beat it, or Season 2 of Walking Dead, but BioShock Infinite is such a good game...

would care to explain to me what exactly was so bad about BioShock 2, but wouldn't also count for the other BioShock titles, i would be very thankfull for that.

Because this analysis about Infinite:

1337mokro:

*snip*
But why say it myself when I can plug a youtuber I really enjoy! (WARNING it does contain the spoiler, lots of them)

I find rather interesting, considering i've heard similar complaints from SystemShock fans about BioShock and now this, going from BioShock to Infinite. I for myself enjoyed every title in the series so far - apart from the flaws every title in it has - even tried some SystemShock 2 (not much for now), but in slightly different ways. Therefore if people are able to point out what exactly feels disappointing about the respective title compared to another, i can understand and respect it.

That Guy Ya Know:
I see. Never realised you're meant to sneak past those guys I just killed them all, I was only on medium so I didn't have any trouble. Actually I found that section quite interesting as it was the only part of the game where I had to worry about ammo.

Yeah, well unfortunately for me I was already low on salts and only had the pistol and hand cannon at the time, so my efficacy at taking out mobs of mindless melee enemies were rather limited. It was challenging, but not in a Dark Souls sort of way, more in a Halo 2 Legendary Difficulty sort of way.

AdamG3691:

Marik Bentusi:
My experience with Infinite was basically this.

No idea how Yahtzee thought Bioshock Infinite's ending was tied up tho

think of it this way:

now if you've been excusing me, I'll need to have been sitting down to get my sense of time back in order

It just suffers from Terminator syndrome.

Abandon4093:

AdamG3691:

Marik Bentusi:
My experience with Infinite was basically this.

No idea how Yahtzee thought Bioshock Infinite's ending was tied up tho

think of it this way:

now if you've been excusing me, I'll need to have been sitting down to get my sense of time back in order

It just suffers from Terminator syndrome.

You have to take the story with a grain of salt, and realize that it is not trying too hard to follow real world science.

uchytjes:

MiskWisk:

The significance was they were singing "God only knows" by the Beach boys in 1966. It is a hint that they are abusing the tears to advance themselves by taking things from the future and other worlds.

OT: Nice review. Surprised he didn't mention certain things but the "Get out" part was more than worth it.

That makes so much sense now. I guess it is because I don't know the song. The only time I really noticed the whole "abuse" of the tears was when that lady was singing "Fortunate Son" in the slums.

For more anachronistic music, I've heard a calliope version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" playing at the beach, and a fantastic version of "Tainted Love" being played in a bar. And looking around youtube there's plenty more that I either missed or haven't gotten to yet.

warmachine:
What is the significance of the gay quartet other than they're ripping off The Beach Boys?

By "ripping off," do you mean "paying generous royalties to use the song"? That would be a rather strange definition of "ripping off."

Have you ever considered a career as a voice actor, Yahtzee?

bluepotatosack:

uchytjes:

MiskWisk:

The significance was they were singing "God only knows" by the Beach boys in 1966. It is a hint that they are abusing the tears to advance themselves by taking things from the future and other worlds.

OT: Nice review. Surprised he didn't mention certain things but the "Get out" part was more than worth it.

That makes so much sense now. I guess it is because I don't know the song. The only time I really noticed the whole "abuse" of the tears was when that lady was singing "Fortunate Son" in the slums.

For more anachronistic music, I've heard a calliope version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" playing at the beach, and a fantastic version of "Tainted Love" being played in a bar. And looking around youtube there's plenty more that I either missed or haven't gotten to yet.

I think I faintly remember the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" song but didn't think anything of it when I encountered it. The only reason I remember "Fortunate Son" is because it is heard through a rift earlier.

I am actually genuinely amazed you managed to successfully incorporate the concept of 'being up your own butt' into such a high-brow review...

Friederich:
Dear Yahtzee, what does Bioshock Infinite have to do with Infinite Jest ? Which I'm currently halfway through, so don't spoil it for me.
Or is it just for the infinite?

Very likely he's referring the line from Hamlet. Where Hamlet holds the skull of the court jester in his hand and says, "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio. A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath borne me on his back a thousand times and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!"

The point being a double reference on the surface to the fact that Yahtzee is very funny guy. But on a deeper level he's also claiming to be much less happy than he appears. All of which he is saying ironically (I think).

And good on you for reading DFW's master work. It's a brilliant book and should be read with access to an online OED, DSM IV-TR, Stedman's Medical Dictionary, and the smartest philosophy major you can kidnap. At least that was what I needed in order to understand what was going on.

was anyone else reminded of donkey kong 64 when he did the deep voiced "get out"?

Evil Smurf:

Youre going to play bioshock 2 based on this?
GET OUT

Evil Smurf:

PS3 version had Bioshock 1 on the disc and 2 sucked at least the first 15 minutes I played did...
Anyways there's no point because Infinite has nothing to do with the other 2. Although there's kind of a shout out towards the end and the main character doesn't believe the whole concept of an underwater city (even though he's in a cloud city).

Steve the Pocket:
It's been three years, and Yahtzee still has yet to adequately explain why he hated BioShock 2 so much. His actual review came down to a load of silly nitpicks of the sort he would normally reserve for games he likes and has to fill time complaining about anyway, and he hasn't said anything beyond "Grr sequels" since.

A bunch of silly nitpicky and mostly invalid crap is what all the haters including Yahtzee always complain about when it comes to Bioshock 2. Everybody looooved Bioshock 1 soooo much, but when they later make a direct sequel that not only has everything Bioshock 1 had, it has more, and B2 even addresses quite a few things that were wrong with the B1 as well, they hate on it for being everything they loved the previous game for. The most common complaint I hear is [really whinny unpleaseable fans] "the story of Rapture was over! This is just a lazy cash grab![/fans]" No, the real truth is you just have a complete lack of imagination, you can't think of a way for Rapture's story to be continued so you think that it can't happen, so when the folks a 2K manage to do exactly that, coming up with a great story that makes plenty of sense, you whine because you're jealous that they are more imaginative than you.

boradis:

In short, while there are bad people everywhere not all causes are morally equivalent, which is what it seemed like Levine was trying to say. Basically it pushed me out of the story.

Maybe what the Vox claimed they were fighting for was right, but it's pretty clear long before Fitzroy went completely off the deep end that equality isn't what the Vox ever were fighting for, only to replace the Columbians' bigotry and oppression with their own, and it only becomes more obvious as time goes on that if the Vox were either going to genocide all the Columbians who weren't part of their movement or kill all who opposed them and enslave the rest. Even if the Vox WERE truly fighting for equality, their methods were anything but noble or moral, or even fit into I-did-what-I-had-to-do by any reasonable standard. Booker knew that people by their very nature want to control and leech off others, he knew that the Vox would barely be any better in the end than Comstock, and that's exactly what ends up happening.

C117:

My biggest problem with the ending is unlike the other 2 Bioshock games there's no multiple endings to it, that makes every one of those choices they threw at you at various points throughout the game COMPLETELY pointless, and it also means the game has basically 0 replay value.

Despite this, Infinite has managed to do 2 things that a video game only does once in a blue moon these days, 1, it made me sad at the end when the game was over, not because the ending was sad, but because the game itself was over, and 2, when I put it down, it made me desire to have a sequel RIGHT THE F&*K NOW!!! Very, very few games are good enough do that to me much anymore.

"Get Out" made my day!

Also, need to pick this up, damnable exams keeping me from Columbia.

I have pet peeves about the ending
Same kind of thing I feel about using time paradoxes

Still I enjoyed it more or less but prefer the first bio shock
No doubt Infinite is a success due to how much discussion it's generating but it's annoying having pseudo intellectuals try and tell me I just don't understand as a means of deflecting questions like this
For some reason sea slugs and little girls making mystic goo seems more plausible

Gonna post my thoughts here, I was gonna make a full review, but meh I couldn't find a way to tie all of the points together. No spoilers, so don't worry if you haven't played the game.

Story points:

One thing that always stuck out in my head was the dialogue. Booker barely ever talks with other people in the game outside plot-important characters which I felt was a missed chance to bring more character and charm into the world. The NPCs talk to Booker sometimes but her never really gives a reply, he just looks around containers for money and food and shooting at things which are out to shoot him. A chance was wasted here in my eyes.

The other thing which took all immersion I had away from me was how Elizabeth acts the exact same way towards locks or something when it makes no sense in the context of the scenario. An example being I had just went through the scarier part of the game and was making my way to the final area. Elizabeth was rightfully upset at this point in the game for reasons I won't mention, but the instant I ask her to pick a nearby lock to pick up an upgrade she happily skips over to the lock as if the previous event never happened. This isn't to say Elizabeth was a bad character, I love her stronger points and how she grows up over the events of the game, but that just broke all emotional tension that I had at that point.

Combat Points:

All the enemies are either bullet-spongy or they got shredded like paper depending on who I was fighting. Those Vox rocket guys are the worst offenders in this case in terms of normal foes. The special enemies like the Fireman or the Crow I can forgive for being bullet-spongy because they were a cut above the rest and I genuinely enjoyed fighting them. To touch on the Heavy Hitters real quick they range from decent to down right annoying, with the majority taking up the annoying slot. I liked the patriots because they required strategy in order to beat, having you to hit the gears as much as you could. The other three I found were annoying as hell. The Handymen were more of a chore then anything and because they're so quick you can't do much in order to dodge his attacks. The siren was interesting but a bit more bullet spongy then I would have liked. The absolute worst was the Boy of Silence. Because they have turret properties one would think you could just avoid being seen and get away from them, especially considering the area they reside in has barely any ammo so you had to conserve your shots, but no they had to be triggered in order to proceed, leaving me without ammo or salts to defend myself.

Speaking of which, Elizabeth's ability to throw salts/health/ammo/money your way is a blessing. A blessing because you can be in tight situations where you need your health recharged and she can save you in hairier moments, and I appreciated that she had a cool-down so you couldn't abuse that mechanic.

One last thing before I end this post, the game felt like it had so much more potential but failed to meet that potential. A lot of the areas felt small and didn't have as much verticality that I figured this game would have especially when you throw in the sky-lines which I feel were used so rarely that they didn't matter in the long run. The fact that they were rarely used outside a couple arenas surprised me. You would think that a mechanic that's been talked about since the first public announcement would have a much bigger effect on the gameplay and combat (and to that extent the world) but no it's rare to see skylines in Infinite, and while I'm glad that they don't shoe-horn them in to the point of annoyance, having them in here as little more then a way from getting to place to place smacks me as missed potential outside of the aerial attack which hits about one enemy and really has no strategic value whatsoever besides being flashy. Maybe they have a bigger role in the future DLC, I wouldn't know. I'm not going to hold my breath and wait for it.

With all of this said I do love the game and I had a blast playing it. However, it's not a perfect game (what game is?) and these are nothing more than the opinions that I had after playing the game and letting everything sink in.

I laughed so hard at Yahtzee saying "Get out" because I haven't heard him sound so serious before. Or deadly?

OT: I really enjoyed the game. The gameplay (fighting) is a tad dull that could of used more work, but the story and environment made up for it big time. Also Elizabeth is without a doubt the most useful and developed AI supporting character I have ever seen. She actually should of been the main character for Bioshock: Infinite but.. oh well. Great review overall Yahtzee!

Worgen:
I'm kinda surprised he liked it since we are starting to get people who are ragging on it for all the perfect reviews it got when it came out.

You say that likes there's something wrong with one expressing disapproval at the common consensus that it's a completely flawless game.

Now I haven't played the game for myself, but from what I've seen most people complaining about the perfect reviews actually liked the game quite a bit, but are bothered by how most critics are not listing any of the games faults whatsoever and many people are already heralding it Game of the Year or even Game of the Generation. I've seen people mention some pretty legitimate faults (including Yahtzee in this very review), which many are overlooking completely. That's where the naysayers' issues lie - not with people liking the game, but with the notion that the game has no faults at all and is absolutely perfect.

Before someone points this out to me - yes, those who love the game are entitled to express their opinions. So are those who don't find the game to be flawless and who don't agree with the perfect reviews.

V da Mighty Taco:

Worgen:
I'm kinda surprised he liked it since we are starting to get people who are ragging on it for all the perfect reviews it got when it came out.

You say that likes there's something wrong with one expressing disapproval at the common consensus that it's a completely flawless game.

Now I haven't played the game for myself, but from what I've seen most people complaining about the perfect reviews actually liked the game quite a bit, but are bothered by how most critics are not listing any of the games faults whatsoever and many people are already heralding it Game of the Year or even Game of the Generation. I've seen people mention some pretty legitimate faults (including Yahtzee in this very review), which many are overlooking completely. That's where the naysayers' issues lie - not with people liking the game, but with the notion that the game has no faults at all and is absolutely perfect.

Before someone points this out to me - yes, those who love the game are entitled to express their opinions. So are those who don't find the game to be flawless and who don't agree with the perfect reviews.

I've been having to deal with a friend of mine bitching about every little damn thing about the game. Its one thing to not like it but she also liked to say that anyone who liked certain parts of it, like the story, is an idiot. Yes she is a bit of a bitch at times.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here