Escapist Podcast: Bonus: Game of Thronescast!

Pages PREV 1 2

Aaaand you guys discussed cheese, which is food: done! this podcat's authentic! It's a shame the audio quality wasn't as good as the other podcasts, I was straining to hear what you guys were saying at times. :(

It was great to hear your discuss about the series vs the books. My husband and I watch the series together, but he hasn't read the books, so I have to be super careful about what I say around him (I've already accidentally spoiled some stuff about Meera and Jojen to him).

I was just as disappointed as you guys about Sam not sending the ravens in the series. I felt it was so important that he at least get that right, and it was just so cruel to take away this tiny little success from him. We'll see how the whole thing develops though.

Another disappointment was Edmure Tully (played by Tobias Menzies, love him! He played Brutus in "Rome") failing to ignite his father's funeral barge. I just checked in the book, and he actually succeeds on the fifth arrow. Brynden Blackfish doesn't interfere like he does in the series, and that really made me feel sorry for "TV" Edmure.

Agreed about them not connecting the dots about what's going on in Winterfell. My husband kept asking what was going on with Winterfell, and I just didn't know what to tell him.

Yes! The costumes! The hair! So gorgeous!! Did you guys notice the Queen of Thorns' belt had a rose as a buckle? Just sooo well done. The care and attention to detail is downright astounding.

Definitely curious to see how this season turns out. I already love how they've portrayed Mance Rayder (and seriously, with an actor like Ciarán Hinds, who was Caesar in "Rome" how surprised can we be - incidentally, that's already two actors from "Rome", huh), and will be looking forward to future episodes and future game of thronecasts!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here