Movie Defense Force: Friday the 13th (Reboot)

Pages PREV 1 2

TheThirdChild:
I didn't mind the idea of him kidnapping someone, but having the the brother (I think) come looking for her just felt a bit boring and overused.

Your avatar.......I love it soooooooooooo much ^_^
OP:Don't like horror movies so what you said won't get me to see this unfortunately-also a lot of these MDF's seem the focus around horror you know Alien-Blair witch-freddy vs jason,I know you done other such as water world,wild wild west so do you think you could do some more of those types?

Ya can't say this is one I've seen either. I think the whole horror reboot died after they let rob zombie ruin Halloween.

Anyway it doesn't really seem like many of these won't make a good MDF unless it's something out right hated or known for ruining a series or what not. Something like silent hill or resident evil movies or a lot of the " this actor should stop making friggen movies already " like anything newer tom cruise, will smith, adam sandler.

canadamus_prime:
I haven't seen this one, but it doesn't sound that bad to me. I think people are just biased against reboots. I think this is a classic case of They changed it now it sucks

Linking to TV Tropes without a standard warning?
You monster.

Worgen:
I think the annoyance with it is that it seems to have thrown the original movie out the window. I mean Jason wasn't really in the original, it was his mother (its over 20 years old, spoilers don't count anymore.), I don't think the hockey mask even showed up till the third movie. Just watching your review kinda made me annoyed at the reboot and I'm not some old fan of the series, I've actually only seen the first movie and I only saw it for the first time last weekend.

I'm going to be an asshole here and state that while you're technically correct, the original Friday the 13th was released in 1980, which makes it over 30 years old.

I think most people were more annoyed at the point you didn't even mention Jim: Friday the 13th, the original, WASN'T about Jason. He wasn't even in the movie until the sequel. Well, okay, so he kinda shows up in the end with the boat, but that's not the point. The original movie was all about Mrs. Vorhees going apeshit over Jason's death due to irresponsible counselors, which is why she went on a rampage. When someone tries to reopen Camp Crystal Lake, she goes on a killing spree again.

The remake didn't do anything special, and wasn't particularly funny, which ended up being the reason for the movies past the second to exist. Nightmare on Elm Street was more about the insane deaths and being scary, Friday the 13th: Part 3 and beyond were about being campy and stupid.

Jimothy Sterling:
Friday the 13th (Reboot)

: Yes, Michael Bay was involved. Yes, it's a reboot. 2009's Friday the 13th is still one of the good ones!

Watch Video

You mad genius. You've made me think of a film that many people say is bad,(Check out Blockbuster Buster's review of it) my belief that it was because of said critics,and make this sound interesting. He even sounds like a kind of villain that would show up in Hack/Slash. Good job,Jim.

You give example of him running in 3rd movie of the series, but that was an imposter, not Jason running.
But yeah this reboot was much better than what they did with halloween. god that ones awful.

I kinda go back and forth on this movie. I have sort of a love/hate relationship with slasher films. I like the idea of slasher films, but I loathe a lot of the tropes used in them. My main beefs with this movie are the introductory sequence (basically just thrown in to give us a quick body count and some kills), teleporting Jason (I hated that even when he was supernatural...he's on the roof, he's across the clearing, no he's in the house, now he's outside again!), and most of the characters (yes, I know it's a cliche to say you hate the annoying characters in a horror film, but I don't give two shits about the characters which means I don't give two shits when they're killed). Still, I did like certain things about it, and it's amazingly riffable. It didn't piss me off, but it didn't win me over either.

Now the Nightmare on Elm Street remake pissed me off, it was shaping up to be an amazing movie and it pissed it away in the 3rd act.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here