Conflict of Interest

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Conflict of Interest

A Tale of Forbidden Love

Read Full Article

I didn't see that coming. Nearly choked on my drink too.

For some reason I read the caption first, and for a second I didn't think it said In*terest* in the title.
Too bad it didn't go anywhere, If any girl was capable of biting his head off it would be Erin.

Okay, don't get this one... at all :(

The punchline made me giggle, and I think the way she sounded so dismissive in my head helped. Thanks for the laugh.

Sewa_Yunga:

The joke, I believe, stems form the fact that Erin is breaking off the dating not because he is a giant praying mantis-alien, but instead works for Activision.

Hell, that would be a relationship killer in any scenario.

I will now resign myself to the realm of eternal unlove for exaplaining a joke.

Sewa_Yunga:

It's implying that being an Activision employee is worse than being a giant monster mantis.

Swap Activision for EA/Microsoft/company-you-don't-like.

Great punchline it made me laugh

I wonder tho if they had kids would they go with the head eating

It's only 8am and this has already been a highlight of my day.

Good job.

Yeah I feel I'm a little lost on this joke. Unless it's something to do with Grey and Cory not welcoming their new insect overlords then I don't geddit.

The joke doesn't really work with a female, and a male preying mantis.

synobal:

Actually, for him, I suspect it would make quite a bit of sense to date outside of his species. Just sayin...

A wise move in avoiding that relationship I'd say, especially because I believe Blorkesh is related to these guys: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10144-Critical-Miss-Top-Five-Games-of-2012-3

Sewa_Yunga:

activision if evil, that'sa ll as far as iknow

Jhooud:

synobal:

Actually, for him, I suspect it would make quite a bit of sense to date outside of his species. Just sayin...

That is another way to look at it. But I don't think it works outside the original joke, in that she is dating a guy from activision.

People seriously didn't get the joke?

I'm lost for words :D

God, I love this comic.

But Erin!! YOU get to eat his head after procreation. And your kids would have your hair and his razor sharp pincer-thingies.

I can see an arc in my head where erin dates the Mantis and he's happy because he doesn't have to die after sex when dating human girls. Then after the first time in bed he says he works for activision. Then Erin goes crazy and kills him like normal mantis relationships. Final shot is Erin cubicle with the mantis head mounted on the cubicle wall...

But that's take like 5 strips and this is a good jioke3 for a single strip and it made me laugh and brightened my morning.

Ok that's funny and all, but what has Activision done lately to earn this?

Renegade-pizza:
But Erin!! YOU get to eat his head after procreation. And your kids would have your hair and his razor sharp pincer-thingies.

rayen020:
I can see an arc in my head where erin dates the Mantis and he's happy because he doesn't have to die after sex when dating human girls. Then after the first time in bed he says he works for activision. Then Erin goes crazy and kills him like normal mantis relationships. Final shot is Erin cubicle with the mantis head mounted on the cubicle wall...

But that's take like 5 strips and this is a good jioke3 for a single strip and it made me laugh and brightened my morning.

Sorry to ruin this for you guys, but female mantis only eat the heads of their mates in captivity.

It's actually a disorder amongst the species.

Daystar Clarion:

rayen020:

Sorry to ruin this for you guys, but female mantis only eat the heads of their mates in captivity.

meh doesn't ruin nothin for me. it's just an idea i had reading the comments. People were talkin about mantis killing their partners. I suppose my idea could work with a male black widow spider working for EA.

Eh, had an evil company last strip. Nothing wrong with the comic, but timing seems a bit odd.

Oh, and looks like Erin doesn't get out often.

Daystar Clarion:

Renegade-pizza:

rayen020:

Well, did you consider that Blorkesh maybe comes from one of those families?
Also, why are four of his eyes pointed to the ceiling?

Didn't Boby Kotick once complain in an interview that all the negative press about him was affecting his dating chances?
http://kotaku.com/5968843/please-quit-photoshopping-horns-onto-bobby-kotick-its-bad-for-his-dating-life

A bit of a belated reference?

That was an epic whine of Boby BTW. Yes, a woman who is otherwise interested in a serious relationship with him as a person would immediately be put off when finding photoshops of him with devil horns. Because she wouldn't bother to find out why people hate him so much and decide whether it's a reason for her not to date him or anything. Or if he's not looking for a thoughtfull inteligent woman to share a meaningfull relationship with: You get a huge salary for milking your consumers and studio heads dry. I'm sure a guy with your net worth can find a quick fuck easily enough.

Also, why doesn't Activision advertise their games like Ubisoft does?
Ubusoft's games are made by multicultural teams.
Activisions are made by humans AND insectiod aliens!

synobal:

Indeed, his willingness to let Erin eat his head should be enough for her to give him another chance... you just can't please some girls...

Guess this gives a new meaning to GIVING HEAD. eh? eh? HEYOOOOOO

I know it is coffee but the mantis should have had a straw or something. How is he going to pick up the cup to drink it?

Great Comic today!

About the only thing that would have made it any better is a DL-44 blaster in Erin's hand under the table a-la Han vs Greedo.

Me55enger:

Sewa_Yunga:

The joke, I believe, stems form the fact that Erin is breaking off the dating not because he is a giant praying mantis-alien, but instead works for Activision.

Hell, that would be a relationship killer in any scenario.

I will now resign myself to the realm of eternal unlove for exaplaining a joke.

But... if it did go that far[1], wouldnt she be the one to eat his head?

[1] Must. Not. Think. About. Mental. Image. Not working. and now I need a labotimy...

I think poking holes in the logical inconsistencies of this comic strip is kinda pointless.. just get the joke, laugh, maybe discuss in the comments and move on.

*cough* Surely the mantis doesn't have to be out to eat Erin's head for it to be a bad idea to be dating A GIANT MANTIS. *cough*

Activision is just as bad as EA, they are just smart enough to know when to shut the hell up. EA seems to be laboring under the delusion any press is good press... or they really like the taste of feet.

I like that we can't even talk crap about Activision anymore without it getting immediately derailed into EA hate. Ye gods, EA, what have you wrought?

Also... as always another hilarious comic. Keep it up!

So Activision typically hires Thrikreen? That would almost make me like them.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here