LoadingReadyRun: Crime Pays

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Crime Pays

A trip to the ATM could turn into something much more sinister.

Watch Video

I hope that card's account isn't active or it's a sample because showing its number on screen was probably not a good idea.

It make me wonder if they do the same thing to those Switch card they have at the til in some shops.

"FREEZE!

..your assets!"

I always knew Kathleen was a money honey.

And yet, the ATM still stole less than their bank did. Clearly this machine was more desperate for cash than he could process.

Also, there was something off about Kathleen in that final scene... wait... HOLY CRAP, SHE'S A COP! EVERYONE SCATTER!

AlexanderPeregrine:
I hope that card's account isn't active or it's a sample because showing its number on screen was probably not a good idea.

I'm betting it's not a real card. I mean, first off, it says "Canada Trust." Everybody knows they don't have ATMs in Canada.

AlexanderPeregrine:

I think they're safe from theft; anyone who saw the video would know that LRR needs all their money for hats.

OT: When I saw Kathleen come in with that shawl, I was hoping for a bad French accent. Oh well.

and again, as expected, james plays the police

really, the occasional time when he isn't is just feels so wrong

Classic, glad to see Paul has recovered and is back in videos.

AlexanderPeregrine:

Gonna have to back this guy on this one... Maybe not the best idea.

That being said, Kathleen's bit at the end made me laugh.

The Frantics ATM jokes were funnier!

No joke about "robbing people blind"? I'm kinda of disappointed.

Hold on, what is the point of stealing the wallets of someone who is trying to take cash OUT? They're there FOR cash because they have NONE.

It's like raiding an Ethiopian's mud hut for advanced electronics.

Hey Paul's back, great to see he's recovered!

Also very cool video, nice work guys!

And poor Kathleen :(

Yay, Scotiabank!

I would pay to see Kathleen repeat that in public.

AlexanderPeregrine:

tehweave:
Gonna have to back this guy on this one... Maybe not the best idea.

Don't worry, we're not stupid, it's an inactive card.

Also, not sure what you could even do with a TD bank card number. But regardless, it's dead anyway.

Yay, Paul's okay again!
This week has been so good, first a classic Paul and Graham only podcast now a classic feeling lrr video, I'm so lucky.

You know, I tried to watch a bunch of old videos on the LRR site, and it looks like a bunch of them are down. Not even Season 1. Loading Ready Rumble, Rejected "Get A Mac" Ads, Serious Cravings, and a few others.

Any word on those from the LRR crew?

Very funny, guys! Electronic devices talking trash are always a hoot!

This is why you don't insert your plug into unfamiliar sockets.

I am very much looking foward to Loading Time on this(if there is one).
(Noooo, not 2924!!! *sob* *sob*)
I've heard of ATM scams before, so if this kind of scam ever happens,I'm blaming you guys ;)

This is what happens when you put a TD bank card in a Scotiabank machine. I don't even want to know what the RBC machines do. I guess they probably outsource the mugging job to foreign workers.

Gregg Johnson:
You know, I tried to watch a bunch of old videos on the LRR site, and it looks like a bunch of them are down. Not even Season 1. Loading Ready Rumble, Rejected "Get A Mac" Ads, Serious Cravings, and a few others.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the details, but as far as I can gather, that happened when the site they used to host videos on (revver?) went under. If you check the LRR Wiki, you can find out if any of the videos you're looking for have been reuploaded to their YouTube and/or Blip. I think they're slowly moving away from the Blip page, but there is still a ton of stuff there.

Aardvaarkman:

I'll have to agree :). Loved this one.

The LRR crew always comes up with such fun ideas. Thanks guys!

Aardvaarkman:

Your mum disagrees :D

Good video guys.

road_to_dawn:

Gregg Johnson:

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the details, but as far as I can gather, that happened when the site they used to host videos on (revver?) went under. If you check the LRR Wiki, you can find out if any of the videos you're looking for have been reuploaded to their YouTube and/or Blip. I think they're slowly moving away from the Blip page, but there is still a ton of stuff there.

Actually, most of the Wiki links directly to LRR's official page. It's a shame, because all of the comments and descriptions are still intact, but the video feed just sits there blank.

The smoke around the ATM card at the end was a nice touch. I'm guessing Jer was holding a match behind it?

The stinger at the end, priceless and of course once again James is the cop // It's also nice to see Jer back

Great video guys, the premise was simple but entertaining altho I''m not sure how the cops show up inside the ATM but then again I'm trying to put logic onto a video that had an ATM try to rob people // Altho if it was smart it would have just copied his card number and pin and then stolen all his monies

-M

Gregg Johnson:

road_to_dawn:

Gregg Johnson:

Actually, most of the Wiki links directly to LRR's official page. It's a shame, because all of the comments and descriptions are still intact, but the video feed just sits there blank.

Yes, but the Video Availability page that I linked earlier has links to the LRR page, YouTube, Blip, the Escapist, and PATV for the videos listed. (In the cases when such a link is available, that is.) I found "Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ads" on YT, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCA9xi2Um84 but it hasn't been embedded to the main site yet. Unless what you're talking about is that fact that many reuploads haven't been added to the main site yet, in which case, I apologize for misunderstanding.

That said, I agree about it being a shame. I recently tried to watch through "The Whatever Thing" and "Phailhaüs", but chunks of episodes were missing from both. It sucks, but they're busy and I get why it's one of those things that gets pushed back.

ETA: Stupid coding. Sorry, about that.

This was weird. This was very weird. This was award-winning, record setting weird.

I could totally hear James' fake mustache as the cop.

P.S. Thanks

Impressive shot-through card prop for the final gag, an old expired one I'm assuming?

James just brought new meaning to being a Robo-cop. :p

road_to_dawn:

Yes, but the Video Availability page that I linked earlier has links to the LRR page, YouTube, Blip, the Escapist, and PATV for the videos listed. (In the cases when such a link is available, that is.) I found "Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ads" on YT, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCA9xi2Um84 but it hasn't been embedded to the main site yet. Unless what you're talking about is that fact that many reuploads haven't been added to the main site yet, in which case, I apologize for misunderstanding.

That said, I agree about it being a shame. I recently tried to watch through "The Whatever Thing" and "Phailhaüs", but chunks of episodes were missing from both. It sucks, but they're busy and I get why it's one of those things that gets pushed back.

ETA: Stupid coding. Sorry, about that.

Oh, I thought your link was just to the Wiki homepage, I didn't know you actually linked to a page with live links to the videos. Thanks for that! I have a lot on my backlog to catch up with. :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here