LoadingReadyRun: Crime Pays

Pages PREV 1 2

Zachary Amaranth:
I'm betting it's not a real card. I mean, first off, it says "Canada Trust." Everybody knows they don't have ATMs in Canada.

You're on a roll today, Zach. I wonder how many people were fooled. I think, though that Canada did a lot of development and managed to get them rolled out in larger scale by the time the US came around to accepting them. It might have been better that way anyway, because that means that Canada did all the debugging. :)

AlexanderPeregrine:
I hope that card's account isn't active or it's a sample because showing its number on screen was probably not a good idea.

The common process is to invalidate/deactivate the card and issue a new one, the account will only change if its owner specifically asks for it. After all, you still need the card's PIN to access the account, and some ID or specific knowledge of the account's personal info if the card was damaged, lost or stolen.

Captcha: thank you, come again.

Ironic.

Breywood:
It might have been better that way anyway, because that means that Canada did all the debugging. :)

Is that why our ATMs don't have firearms?

Graham_LRR:

AlexanderPeregrine:
I hope that card's account isn't active or it's a sample because showing its number on screen was probably not a good idea.

tehweave:
Gonna have to back this guy on this one... Maybe not the best idea.

Don't worry, we're not stupid, it's an inactive card.

Also, not sure what you could even do with a TD bank card number. But regardless, it's dead anyway.

Yay! Filmmakers being smart!

In all seriousness, I've had friends make short films before and easily overlook little details like that, so whenever I'm on a set, I'm usually very nit-picky about the details.

Oh I'd love to see the face of the guy reviewing camera logs of that ATM after the shoot thinking "who the hell are these people" :)

Next time you put a bullet hole in a bank card you should use an RBC card.

Some cash machines just want to watch the world burn.

so does that still count as a white collar crime? :P great video

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or