Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Deadliest Plants

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Top 5 Deadliest Plants

Lisa gives us the five most furious flora in videogames.

Watch Video

What about the Malboro from the Final Fantasy series? I'm glad that usually they're optional, but they still stink (see what I did there? Stink? Bad breath? I'm wasted here...)!

hehehe Lisa can't count :D

I think this is the best episode yet.

Tope Five reasons why I love this week's episode of Top Five with Lis Foiles
5) No spoilers for Bioshock Infinite (must learn to either get games on opening day or vacate the internet for the next month)
4) Bill Nye the Science guy reference, complete with whacky sound effects
3) Admitting she loves Bullet Storm
2) ANOTHER Bill Nye reference!
1) That Poison Ivy Dress < Drooling Homer.jpg>

ACTUAL #1 Addin in Piranha plants because she can :)

You got to the end and I was like, "But what about... Oh, there he is!"

I was going to call shenanigans if you didn't at least mention Piranha Plant!

Also, I really wasn't a big fan of the Poison Ivy fight. I thought it was more tedious than anything else.

I would've been very disappointed if you didn't at least acknowledge the Piranha Plant.

I was expecting the Thorian to pop up, but oh well.
Great episode nonetheless.

Mojo:

Same. Plant zombies spewing toxic goo.. *shudders* .. so many downed team mates, such an annoying fight.

"SUCK IIIIIT!"

That made me laugh way too much.

Also, I haven't played any of these games. Well, except some Mario games of course.

captcha: river styx. Oh great, captcha is going all emo on us.

2clueless:

Mojo:

Same. Plant zombies spewing toxic goo.. *shudders* .. so many downed team mates, such an annoying fight.

Thirded that.

Although for a second there I misunderstood "Deadliest Plants":

Aww, no Marlboro?

also Lisa, the piranha plant was in world 1-1, too. It was there from the VERY beginning :o

No Thorian from Mass Effect?

Fuck dis shit!

Another great show, Lisa!

My worst deadly plants (outside of RL poison ivy) were the mushrooms and roses from American McGee's Alice. Those things had it in for me.

Daystar Clarion:

Fuck dis shit!

EXACTLY. I was waiting for this, and maybe the contents of Vault 22.
Remember these guys leaping out of nowhere and scaring the hell out of you (unless you had Boone)?

Really surprised at no Thorian mention though.

Wait what about the Piran-... oh, there it is... alrighty then, carry on.

Agreed with above, Thorian would have been nice to have in there.

I was half expecting the "You are tearing me apart Lisa!" in that opening segment.
But a good one still.

Good top 5. I suppose pikmin were off due to general adorableness and the fact that they're really only deadly in force.

Hmmm... for some reason I never realised that Lisa was more than 6 years younger than me. Strange.

Great Top 5 again though.

For the people going on about the Thorian, I have to say, it wasn't that much of a fight really. You basically shoot a bunch of tendrils to kill it.
Sure the other things around it make it a little more challenging, like the plant clones and such, but the Thorian itself isn't that much of a fight.

I'll add to the cries of "Where's the thorian!? D:" but besides that I think I agree with the rest of the list.

Also glad to see someone else enjoying Bulletstorm. You don't exactly need to tax your brain playing it but still really fun.

Daystar Clarion:

Fuck dis shit!

Because it really comes back in the Mass effect trilogy to exact its revenge on Shepard...

I'm more surprised by the lack of Bob from the Fallout universe.

The Bed of Chaos is not on this list, therefore it is objectively wrong.

Lisa Foiles in a Poison Ivy dress.

I AM PERFECTLY OKAY WITH THIS.

Doesn't the rest of the game being easy imply that the Bulletstorm boss fight is just badly designed?

Are there going to be anymore Real Talks with Fake People? That was fun!

Welp. Feelin' my age today.

"1985... I wasn't even born yet!"

... er, neither was I, Lisa... totally not born yet... totally not in the 4th grade when this came out... which explains why I not only am not old but also have retained all of that sex appeal that comes with being totally not in my 30s.

That was a nice episode, and all those references are surely a nice touch to your videos Lisa :}

Not to mention I liked how you mentioned the Piranha plant. It's been around longer then me too I believe.
Besides that however, the plant bosses are always a defensive type of creature that relies on staying in one place.

It's rare to see a plant boss do anything else but spam you with vines and some sort of ranged attack.

At first, I was wondering whether or not the Thorian from Mass Effect would be listed. Then I remembered that the plant itself is not deadly and the fight against it is more tedious than anything else. Fair enough.

Hooray for the plant from Wind Waker! I had no idea what its name was and I've already forgotten. Still, I found that fight pretty straightforward as it bore a strong resemblance to the fight against Barinade in Ocarina of Time.

Also, I'm tempted to start a twitter account to be sure you'll read my comments, but 1. That's all I'd use it for, 2. As you can see, I like to give mildly lengthy comments, and 3. Twitter scares me.

^

Lol....you do realize many of us are in our 40's or more right? Thanks for making us feel ancient!

Always happy when I see Lisa Foiles! =D

Although my happy is dampened somewhat because I have to avoid looking at the video thumbnail of her smiling because it disturbs me. Her mouth may be grinning, but her eyes are telling me, "I WILL DESTROY YOU." Which makes her grin look a lot more... feral. o.O

I'd nearly forgotten there was even a plant boss thing in Bulletstorm lol...that wasn't fun

the Thorian from Mass Effect was a big deal, shoulda mentioned that! but I did quite like that boss from Wind Waker :)

Born in '87, it's okay Lisa, some of us are still young and sexy!

No Thorian or ... what ever took over vault 22. shame.

Mordekaien:
I was half expecting the "You are tearing me apart Lisa!" in that opening segment.
But a good one still.

- Yeah, can I have a dozen red roses, please?
- Oh, hi Johnny, I didn't know it was you.

What? He is pretty strong.

That's a pretty badass Foxhound shirt.
Need to get me one of those.
I would of put that plant Demon from DMC4 in that list tho, but whatevs.

To be honest, poison ivy is the only actual ( real ) deadly plant on the list
and therefore wins.
yes, poison ivy can kill people.. it's rare but it happens.

I agree with the piranha plant, he's annoying.. probably my #1 death in mario
stupid plant grr.

I totally support top 6, top 7, ect, the more the merrier.

that classic mario footage, i totally forgot the old 8 fps era of gaming
( look how slow the screen updates ) te hee.
how did we ever cope O.o

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or