Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: A Tale of Two Poets

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

To Yahtzee and Jim we all shouted "Make us more!
This new show is great, it's something we adore
Listening to your grumblings and ramblings of video game lore
Takes us back to when we enjoyed poetry at the young age of four!"

Eh...
When I think about an epic combination of two Escapist giants, I WANT to see discussion between the two, to see sparks fly, to see how worlds (opinions) collide basically. This is just disappointing to me. While the satire was indeed scathing, I would only come back weekly if these two spent their energies having discussions and debates or even playing Co-Op games together while doing live commentary..

This just seems like a huge missed opportunity :(

I finally worked out - with poetry,
any angry request garners more sympathy
So I say in this verse - This vid was the shit
and what I demand is much more just like it

And if you don't meet this, I'll kick down your door
and verbally lash you with hatred and scorn
then I find iron chairs and tie you both - Wow!
That was getting too violent - maybe I should calm down.

(And before you say, reader, that Wow makes no rhymes
with down, and together they make verbal crimes,
I kindly ask you to go stick it; you see
It's a five minute job - so I hereby decree

That I don't really care if it's good, bad, or worse
I'm not spending hours on this little verse
It's simply a case that I want to look clever
without adding effort into this small endeavor!

Oh what, is that sad? Don't act so above me,
for I know you were thinking, in some small degree
of doing the same, except smaller and lame
how did I know? Well, we're all the damn same!)

P.S. for precautions, I'll say this right here,
So I don't end up in health meter arrears:
Any insult I wrote was just for a laugh,
so don't take it seriously, 'cause most of it's crap!

For those asking: Yes, this is a new weekly show, so you'll have PLENTY more to see!

<3

I just can't stop laughing, that was awesome.
Hats off to you both

What the fuck is yahtzee doing with out a hat! And jim has a hat! what kind of shit you guys trying to pull! lol i enjoyed it though cant wait to see more

This is the best thing I have ever seen and I want it to never end.

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. I'm all for more Jim & Yahtzee on the site. Hope this turns into a mainstay.

Am I the only one who imagined the Jim and Yahtzee doing this in the empty warehouse and the audience was some poor bastard stripped naked and duct taped to a chair?

Because that would make a pretty awesome scene in a tarantino movie.

The car salesman has the voice of the EA tentacle monster from Sim City review.

joeman098:
What the fuck is yahtzee doing with out a hat! And jim has a hat! what kind of shit you guys trying to pull! lol i enjoyed it though cant wait to see more

That's nothing. Next week, Yahtzee's gonna be the fat one!

CorvusFerreum:
This was just glorious. Is this going to be a series or did you just want to be silly?

Just loved it.

You've got no idea how much I hope it's a series. And that it gets some smooth jazz in the background.

This is awesome. I was wondering what would happen if you let them do a show together.

I hope that they'll improve the sound quality though.

I can't come up with proper words for this...Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ? It was glorious.

get MovieBob in on this right now! NOW!

This was amazing.
But i'm just going to say to the producers and such... Please give Jim and Ben complete creative freedome.
Let them do whatever they want with this show.
I love poetry myself, haven't actually written much but...what i'm trying to say is that we don't always get to see two gods together in the same show. It would be such a pitty to constrict it just to poetry, don't you think so guys?

Jimothy Sterling:

joeman098:

That's nothing. Next week, Yahtzee's gonna be the fat one!

Next your going to tell me yahtzee is going to be our new messiah and then im quitting. I think miniature action fantasy willem dafoe should read a poem to =D

That was magical, a little more hat
and I would be best pleased
Keep it to poetry, lets avoid rap
your linguistic abilities quiver my knees!

I just came for five minutes straight.

This was the greatest thing ever. Seriously. I am saddened now as nothing in life can be better than what I experienced only moments ago.

Jim writes in the same kind of little pac-man journal as I do.

Pretty sure that means we are soul-mates.

That was 50 types of awesome! Incredible work, I hope to see more.

MikeWehner:
For those asking: Yes, this is a new weekly show, so you'll have PLENTY more to see!

<3

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who thought Yahtzee was talking about the WiiU before he actually said 'PS4'?

Wondrous! Well written and very entertaining. :)

That's really all I've ever wanted in life. Jim and Yahtzee collaborating. I guess I don't know what to do with the remainder of my time here now that I've experienced it. Maybe I'll take up boating. Yeah, with sails and everything.

That was brilliant,
from start to finish.
More of this please,
don't let it vanish!

God Yahtzee is such a genius! Jim's alright, too, thought it's hard to compare.

Yahtzee: Subtly mocking the PS4 with metaphors.
Jim: FUCK YOU XBOX!!!

They should have a sitcom.

To be honest, I think that Yahtzee's poem about FTL was much better than the one he gave here:

But his weird, high-pitched salesman voice and the slightly psychotic grin that went with it saved it for me.

PunkRex:
Yahtzee: Subtly mocking the PS4 with metaphors.
Jim: FUCK YOU XBOX!!!

They should have a sitcom.

Actually, the common theme of his 3 poems(Diablo 3, SimCity and Xbox rumored always online function) is "Always Online DRM".

labbu:
Am I the only one who thought Yahtzee was talking about the WiiU before he actually said 'PS4'?

I did at first, but once he got into more details about "the car" I realized it was the PS4 he was talking about. The fact that "the car" had not been released yet was a big clue.

Anyways, excellent performances gentlemen. I look forward to seeing more of your poetry in further episodes.

Okay... rhymes. O_o

No interesting videogame related discussions between two big names of the Escapist or whatever? Just rhymes?

...Oh...

Chessrook44:
As an OCD person who always pays attention to the numbers of how long things go, repetitiveness, and making sure it always hits the same notes at the same points (One two three FOUR, five six sev EIGHT, because seven has two syllables and that can ruin the exactitude of the pattern) I have to say... Jim did it well and a nice job with the poetry. Yahtzee though... he started off strong, but it wasn't long before he seemed to lose track, the rhymes not showing up where they should have, and sometimes not even showing up at all. Or if they did I didn't notice them.

But then, I'm crazy. Gyahay.

As someone whose dabbled with this format a bit, I have to agree with Yahtzee simply not having any rhythm. Jim on the other hand seems to be more accomplished poet.

It Was Glorious!
And do I sense new panel for 2013 Expo?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook