Miracle of Sound: Dream of the Sky (BioShock: Infinite)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Fapmaster5000:

the C-A-G-E joke was brilliant; the final product was awesome.

Again, nicely spotted ;)

Fapmaster5000:

I have to ask though, was this intentionally written as the multi-verse song, or did you start on one song and go, "Nah, this doesn't really cover it", try again, repeat, and eventually decide, "Frack it, everything goes in"?

Right from the get go I planned this one all out in my head. I knew I wanted it to change and twist all over the place and also be kind of chronological to the game , focusing on Columbia first then Booker & Liz for the second half - with the Lutecce's section to act as a metaphorical 'tear' from the Columbia song to the Booker/Liz one :).

Amazing! I love the way this song mirrors the story of the game. The different styles of music like tears. And the little sister reworked lyrics just cap it off perfectly. Best MiracleofSound song yet!
P.S I'm off to buy the new album.

Really good one this month, Dammm...

I really liked the parallels both lyrical and musical between this and Little Sister.
Very well done indeed.

I was already going to buy Level 3, but this song... It makes me mad that I won't be able to until tomorrow.

This song is genius, like always.

wow
this is really impressive, even considering that most of your work is rather impressive(specially recently, you seem to be on a roll)
the only thing bad about this is that it once again remind of bioshock infinite and that it will be month before i can replay it(because i know myself, if i replay it now i will not have a lot of fun)

What an amazing game.. Awesome song Gavin! :D

Mr. Dunne... absolutely amazing. One of your best pieces so far. I love the call back to Little Sister, many because I have to listen to that song a lot because somehow its my 16 month old daughter favorite... I have yet to figure that out. Keep on rocking my good man!

I bought Level 3 the other day, pretty much as soon as it was available, and I saw a new song on the list that I had never heard before, and saw it's length and thought 'wow, that's a pretty epic length, I wonder what could inspire Gav so much...' When I saw that it was a Bioshock Infinite song, I knew that this was going to be something special, so I waited until today, with anticipation for this new video like you wouldn't believe...

And boy, was I not disappointed.

Gav, you've been a great musician for a long time, and I love so much of your stuff and have seen some great stuff of yours in the past that I honestly hold up as some of my favourite songs ever written. So when I say that this is something you should feel incredibly proud of, that's not a detriment to any of your other stuff; it's simply saying that you keep on getting better and better, and I couldn't be more excited for future songs.
Well done man :)

So many emotions i'm feeling right now... because this song is just that extraordinary.

The calm tone at first, showing the good side of the city in the sky.. and then it goes to heck with epic beats ringing in my ears when suddenly- Elizabeth's part comes up and the song changes tone like a classic. Wow. I loved every bit, it's crazy how you've managed to pull this off but you certainly did.

Especially near the end, when it's revolving around Elizabeth's happiness despite the atmosphere of the game it puts her in. You did a truly, magnificent job and I really congratulate you for making perhaps the best song yet, topping even my favorite song for Dead Space 2. And I am a big fan of that song for Dead Space 2 lol.

Well.

That was FUCKING AMAZING.

Seriously, one of your best songs, it almost feels as if it's three songs in one.

Oh, and the "Little Sister" reference was so endearing.

Damn near brought a tear to my eye...

Holy shit Gavin, that was beyond amazing! This is right up there with Sovngarde song on my list of favorites, if not surpassing it.

Now time to go listen to Little Sister again.

fantastic... If you don't mind me asking, who was the source of female voice in this song?

Just picked up Level 3, having a song that I hadn't heard on here yet in the form of City of Night was a nice bonus. Which game/movie/show was that for?

Female Locals...? -_-

Other than that, wow... that was really damn good.

Dang. That was awesome. I love how you not only gave each main character a different verse in a musical style that suits them, you managed to let them flow into each other really nicely. And you threw just the right amount of "Little Sister" to let it be a little nod to the last song without it being too much. Definitely you best song yet.

This is excellent Gavin. The Joker's Song from Arkham City is a favorite, the Half-Man's Song is fun...this is incredible. Incredible work and please keep it coming!

Wow.
That. Was. amazing.
I don't really know what else to say other than that is one beautiful song and definitely up there with your best! I hope you play it at the next Expo!

Love the throw back to 'Little Sister' too! Especially the alteration of the verse from;

And I dream of the sea
Broken machinery
And I dream of the sea
There's no rapture for me

to

And I dream of the sky
Broken clouds drifting by
And I dream of the sky
My utopian lie

Love it.

*unstopable clapping* I think we all know what my favorite part was. A smart man you are Gavin.
Captcha: "sing a song" yep, it is watching what i am doing.

Bravo Gav!

Seriously, this is one of your best songs.

Best one yet, hopefully this upward trend continues.

How appropriate that a song about a game that includes reality warping and alternate dimensions should include references to your songs about other games.

Anyways, sir, a magnificient song, as always, but I believe that this is one of your best. The variety and the content was simply amazing.

I haven't even played the game, but oh man. Damn, dat last section.

Cool track again, Gav, this is easily one of my new favorites.

Ken Levine and Co worked their asses off to make Infinite a worthy successor to Bioshock so to have you endeavored to make this a worthy successor to Little Sister and you accomplished it brilliantly. This is a great song so full of depth and complexity. I was afraid to watch it he video lest it spoil the game for me (won't be able to buy it for a long while because of localization issues). I listen to Little Sister (all of Level 1 actually) quite often and I've been waiting to see how you would top Little Sister. Bravo as always.

ok so I'll be honest the first time I listened to this was on miracle of sound band camp and some how I was listening to two songs playing with one only slightly after the other and before a I realized what I had done I thought he was being clever with the whole multiverse thing. I suggest anyone to listen to it like this.

Holy shit, Gavin, this is awesome. And Little Sister is already one of my favourites, so double points! I love how fractured it all is - I haven't played the game yet but I get a real sense of the multiple worlds element. My only problem is the chord sequence near the beginning that is the same as Do They Know It's Christmas...

[Kira Must Die]:
Female Locals...? -_-

What's so wrong with female vocals? Lorna did a stellar job in this one.

OT: Incredible, Gav! Absolutely amazing. If I hadn't already decided on getting Level 3 as soon as it came out, this would certainly be an album-seller. Now rest, get some of that lost sleep back and keep being the awesome musician you've always been. :)

How did you manage to fit so many different styles into the same song and still make it work? Mr Dunne, you are a genius.

I haven't played through Bioshock Infinite yet, so I feel I can't really appreciate it as much as I should.

But it's still amazing.

That's about the only word I know that fits (except maybe the phrase "holy sh*t". But I don't want to use that.).

JakeM_10:

[Kira Must Die]:
Female Locals...? -_-

No, I was just pointing out the word "Vocals" was misspelled in the video.

[Kira Must Die]:

JakeM_10:

Oh... heh sorry. And here I thought YOU were the one who misspelled Vocals. Good day to you then. :)

JakeM_10:

[Kira Must Die]:

JakeM_10:

Oh... heh sorry. And here I thought YOU were the one who misspelled Vocals. Good day to you then. :)

Heh, yeah I'll have that fixed in a bit.

Most inconsistent song of yours. It's even toped Dead Island one. And yet every part of it is brilliant. Irish part and Luteces wonderfully done. Last "Little Sister"-part made me shiver. And the slow start just like the game. That's just WOW!

The only downpart is there's no core to this song. Like the "Little Sister" song - the moment it started kicking in I already understood what you did there. Sooo maybe it would be better to make like 3 or 4 songs instead of one (even as awesome as it turned out to be)? Well, or maybe It's just me wanting MOAR of those songs... please :3

SirCannonFodder:
Just picked up Level 3, having a song that I hadn't heard on here yet in the form of City of Night was a nice bonus. Which game/movie/show was that for?

I made it with Cyberpunk 2077 in mind :)

kailus13:
How did you manage to fit so many different styles into the same song and still make it work? Mr Dunne, you are a genius.

Grew up on Iron Maiden & Peter Gabriel :)

Amazing! Would you say that a song like this is something you wouldn't have been able to have done with your previous schedule?

I'm not musically inclined, so if someone could tell me where the C-A-G-E bit is, I would be really grateful.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here