Movie Trailers: R.I.P.D. - Trailer

R.I.P.D. - Trailer

Just like MIB meets The Frighteners. But with a better cast than either of those films.

Watch Video

Team Hollywood:
Just like MIB meets The Frighteners. But with a better cast than either of those films.

Yeah, sure. The film were Ryan Reynolds take's Will Smith's role and there's nobody to replace Rip Torn has the better cast ~_~

I thought this was the sequel to True Grit?

It might be good. I'll never know because I can't stand Ryan Reynolds. His acting makes me want to punch kittens.

OMG OMG OMG This look #&#&#& fantastic totally going to see the film if I can :D

Adam Jensen:
It might be good. I'll never know because I can't stand Ryan Reynolds. His acting makes me want to punch kittens.

No the poor innocent kittens what did they ever do to you :(

Everyone seems to talk about how Ryan Reynolds may ruin this movie, ignoring Buried, I can't say he's amazing, but he's still good. Jeff Bridges on the other hand, GOOD LORD, THAT ACCENT, line up those kittens, it's punching time.

You know, this looks kinda awesome.

The comic style and writing shines through

OK, the concept is fucking awesome and all but...Really? "Rest In Peace Department"? Are you fucking kidding? That doesn't even make sense. AND BEFORE YOU FUCKING SAY IT, yes, a police department for ghosts DOES make sense, once you accept a fictional universe where there are ghosts, and they need a police department. But the name is based on the english goddamn language, so it doesn't have that excuse.

Seriously though, that is FUCKING AWESOME concept.

Robot Number V:
OK, the concept is fucking awesome and all but...Really? "Rest In Peace Department"? Are you fucking kidding? That doesn't even make sense. AND BEFORE YOU FUCKING SAY IT, yes, a police department for ghosts DOES make sense, once you accept a fictional universe where there are ghosts, and they need a police department. But the name is based on the english goddamn language, so it doesn't have that excuse.

I agree it is a really awesome concept. Sadly though it looks like its going to suffer from really terrible execution. Just from the trailer I feel it suffers badly from an overindulgence of cuteness. Plus we've already seen this film in various forms several times. Men in Black, Hellboy, Ghost busters, Cowboys vs Aliens, The Frighteners, Alien Nation, House and even more so House 2. I wish they'd taken a less cornball tongue in cheek approach with the film. Then it might have been something worth watching. But instead it looks like just another paint by numbers, grouchy veteran, naive sidekick, buddy picture, with a giant bucket of unfunny pratfalls thrown in. Thanks but I'll pass.

"Cold shoulder!?"

Captcha, whatever I did, I'm sorry!!!

I think the fact that this looks incredibly stupid might be a drawback. Hopefully they just constructed the trailer this way because of ummm, reasons I guess.

Team Hollywood:
R.I.P.D. - Trailer

Watch Video

Did your computer(s) and/or staff just derp and refuse to render a video with the proper aspect ratio or what?

OT: Movie looks ridiculous and almost stupid, but Jeff Bridges is gold and worth the watch on his own.

Ryan Renolds is great for this type of movie.

If anyone remembers how he carried Blade III or any other action oriented flick he's been in.

I'm looking really forward to it as I love MiB (even 2 & 3) and watching protagonists have terrible things happen to them scratches an itch I never knew I had.

Madman Muntz:

Robot Number V:

I agree it is a really awesome concept. Sadly though it looks like its going to suffer from really terrible execution. Just from the trailer I feel it suffers badly from an overindulgence of cuteness. Plus we've already seen this film in various forms several times. Men in Black, Hellboy, Ghost busters, Cowboys vs Aliens, The Frighteners, Alien Nation, House and even more so House 2. I wish they'd taken a less cornball tongue in cheek approach with the film. Then it might have been something worth watching. But instead it looks like just another paint by numbers, grouchy veteran, naive sidekick, buddy picture, with a giant bucket of unfunny pratfalls thrown in. Thanks but I'll pass.

"Cold shoulder!?"

Captcha, whatever I did, I'm sorry!!!

For whatever it's worth, the original comic was really good, in a "the unholy lovechild of Hellboy and Men In Black, if they both smoked Brimstone after doing the deed" kind of way. The art, and writing gave it a tongue in cheek flavor without being too punchy.

Though, given the comic is pretty damn obscure, I can't really blame the studio from wandering off it, but it's lost a lot of it's uniqueness in the process.

Mr.Tea:

OT: Movie looks ridiculous and almost stupid, but Jeff Bridges is gold and worth the watch on his own.

I was a fan of the comic when I ran across it, and when I heard Jeff Bridges and Ryan Renolds were cast, I thought it was perfect. Now... now I'm seeing the direction they're taking the humor and... all I can say is, "meh." Maybe it'll be watchable anyway.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here