Injustice: Gods Among Us Review - Fights In Tights

Pages PREV 1 2

Thunderous Cacophony:

Fighting games should always have a focus on multiplayer combat...

Someone doesn't read Yahtzee...

OT: It looks fun enough. Back in the day I might have rented it to give it a try, but it's getting harder and harder to find rental places. Guess I'll check the bargain bin 6 months down the road.

Well, it depends on the genre, things like fighting games and racing games are not usually played alone. Besides, fighters get most of their sales from tournament players and stuff. So it makes sense to put focus on the multiplayer.

OT: I like NRS approach, they strive for a solid and deep fighter without alienating the "casual" players.

I'm a sucker for tag team fighting games and hoped to see that mechanic implemented on this game, since it was featured in the last MK.Sadly, it doesn't seem to be the case .I might still get it when they release the inevitable ultimate pack with the dlc characters included (Lobo's already confirmed).

Thanks for the review! It definitely sounds like a solid game that doesn't take itself too seriously in the story department. I honestly enjoyed MK vs. DC and I expect no less from this.

The problem with this game is that it's too shallow. The developers tried too hard to script the combos and techniques instead of having it more free form like MvC (although I hate that game for other reasons) and Street Fighter. The result is a fighter that people who are inexperienced in the genre will enjoy, but the ceiling is so low that most fighting game veterans will forget about it after a month or two, granted Nether Realms doesn't pull a Riot on us.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here