LoadingReadyRun: The Stuck Up

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Stuck Up

Muggings are getting so cliche these days.

Watch Video

Starting to like Beej more and more as he comes. Don't know if he's just growing on me, or if he's becoming a better actor. Either way I like it.

Anyways, I would love more robbers to be oriignal. I had to critique three on my way to my school. They'll be better off now.

Between this and the bank machine one, I'm starting to think that someone from LRR was robbed and they're trying to work through the pain with comedy.

Also, why is Maya "Cylon 8" in the credits?

This could've been an episode of Echo Chamber. (Warning! TV Tropes link! Which is expected, since it's a TV Tropes web series.)

today's episode was extra chunky, and yes that IS on topic.

Is this the start of an ongoing strange muggings series? I still grieve for that poor atm...

Oh whoa

They have never made more annoying characters than kathleen and pauls in this vid.

Latinidiot:
Oh whoa

They have never made more annoying characters than kathleen and pauls in this vid.

Those character were super cliche, how much more genre-savvy and annoying could they be?

But yeah, I think that was the point of those characters.

I do like the mugger though, especially in the stinger.

I was watching the credits and was thinking "ok, where's maya also why is she cylon #8"

And that second hold up was the last one he ever did before being shot several times in the chest...

Bwahahahaha, that stinger was hilarious.

I really liked everyone's acting here. And the idea, too. My best friend and I must try this if someone tries to mug us.

Saw that stinger coming from a mile away. It was totally predictable and derivative. How monotonous internet comedy has become. I wish they'd try something new...

Thunderous Cacophony:

SomebodyNowhere:
I was watching the credits and was thinking "ok, where's maya also why is she cylon #8"

They have said it's a Battlestar Galactica reference. Cylon #8 nickname is Boomer ---> Boom, for boom operator.

I'm glad leftie is all right now. =D

mariomario:

Thunderous Cacophony:

SomebodyNowhere:

They have said it's a Battlestar Galactica reference. Cylon #8 nickname is Boomer ---> Boom, for boom operator.

considering how it was in the credits, I suppose that only makes sense

I get the feeling LRR is becoming an internet crime comedy troupe now. Two mugging based sketches in a row? Unheard of! Please don't steal my money Graham.

Dear Beej,

I heart you very much.

Love, Eru.

There's a short story called Bullet in the Brain by Tobias Wolff that goes very much like this. Except it was about a jaded literary critic having an existential crisis during a bank robbery. And he dies.

My Unholy Gods, Maya is tiny

Now that that is out of the way on to the main out, the video // What the Hell?!? This is one of the weird ones // The first couple character are so detatched from reality that it worries me that they are based on people the LRR crew may know

The fact that the robber tired the same thing on the second couple means he didn't learn a damn thing tho

-M

So Beej wrote this one installment of LRR? Well done sir. Also, your acting in this one was a step up. Your acting cred going up whilst wearing a ski mask may or may not be a compliment in the grand scheme of things. But I consider it to be one in this case.

I'm sure that if I wrote an episode of LRR it would be freakin' hillarious, would work on a minimum of 6 levels, and would break the cold fusion barrier. And then the following week I would be completely out of ideas. The fact that you folks can write/film/edit a LRR together every week is phenomenal. (I'm pretty sure you aren't doing like four other segments for this and other sites each week as well.)

Well done Beej, top notch writing (and acting) . Also the look on Graham's face in the stinger is just classic lol.

The problem is, Beej is too adorable to be a robber. Nobody would take him seriously.

Thunderous Cacophony:
Between this and the bank machine one, I'm starting to think that someone from LRR was robbed and they're trying to work through the pain with comedy.

I think they're trying to warn us about something.

I love how you intentionally made the ending to the sketch as cheesy and cliche'd as possible just to ram home the joke. That was nice and subtle.

Beej should write more. This episode felt very fresh and funny.

I am lost, confused, and chipless. I was expecting the couple to turn the tables on the robber, but then they gave him the wallet. What the what? Gahhhh. My brain...

Off-topic: National Geographic Channel's "BRAIN GAMES" can kiss my ass.

I think by right of LRR law, since he's done it twice now, Beej is officially "The Mugger". Great episode (:

Just shot the fekas.

templar1138a:
I am lost, confused, and chipless. I was expecting the couple to turn the tables on the robber, but then they gave him the wallet. What the what? Gahhhh. My brain...

Off-topic: National Geographic Channel's "BRAIN GAMES" can kiss my ass.

They didn't mind spending money as long as they got something original, robber was original (eventually) so they gave him their money.

Jandau:
Saw that stinger coming from a mile away. It was totally predictable and derivative. How monotonous internet comedy has become. I wish they'd try something new...

Ah, yes, echoing the videos theme in the comments, how cliche...

Ohlookit'sMatty:

In her defence, I'm 6'3".

Ohlookit'sMatty:

I wonder if she is wearing heels in this...

and the Stinger makes the clip.

Seriously good turn this time guys. Loved it!

Is it me or is Paul's costume a balaclava short of being a mugger?

It seems there's a snob for everything these days. This is what happens when you try to rob hipsters.

Don Reba:

Ohlookit'sMatty:

I wonder if she is wearing heels in this...

I am, in fact, wearing 2" heels in this video.

This was a great mugging. Taking the man hostage instead of the woman really messes with our preconceptions of gender, and of course have the wealthy man take the robber hostage is a furious criticism of our lopsided distribution of wealth. 9/10, would get mugged again.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here