Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Worst Nicktoons Games

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Top 5 Worst Nicktoons Games

Lisa takes us through the five worst games based on Nicktoons.

Watch Video

I haven't played any of those games, but I have watched most of those cartoons. Yeah, I don't want my memories tainted by the games they made for them...

So was this episode just a chance for Lisa to say mean things in the voices of Angelica and Tommy? It's good regardless.

I hated almost every show mention in this episode... and that goes beyond the list of 5

I am very much certain that many of those shows were conceived on bad acid trips.
Where Adventure Time was conceived on paint fumes.

Great Episode. Love the show. If you don't, then I will make a list of reasons no-one should love you and let Lisa make an episode of it.

Anytime anyone mentions Rocko's Modern Life little butterflies appear in my stomach and I smile... Ah, sweet days.

Hey Arnold was awesome because they snuck profanity in where ever they could. I distinctly remember Grandpa saying "let's fish for the halibut" but the actor said it in a way that was meant to sound exactly like "hell of it."

Kudo to you for loving Angry Beaver! (That's one of my favourite Nick toon shows!). Also yesh, that hit sound from Ren and Stimpy is ear piercing!

I guess I had a childhood after all, I actually watched all these shows: Stoop kid's afraid to leave the stoop!
I actually liked the Disney version of Doug better because they upped the animation quality.

Forget Monday morning, how could One Saturday Morning leave and not take me.

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a few actually good Rugrats games on the PS1?

Also Helga is a Type A tsundere.

This seems dangerously close to biting the hand that fed you, Lisa.

Of course, I really have no nostalgia for any of these, as I grew up a horrifically deprived child (read: no cable). Ah well, PBS had some damn fine programming for kids, admittedly mixed in with some of the lousy stuff.

My memory of Ren & Stimpy Time Warp was that it was great (I haven't played the others, so I can't say anything about them). I will concede that the controls were a bit wonky, though. Oh, and the fact that the game ends prematurely if you don't obsessively collect tokens in the first few levels was a little annoying. Lisa also seems to have forgotten that in the cartoon the happy helmet turned Ren into an emotionally crippled zombie - it kinda makes sense that the happy helmet wouldn't act as a power-up in the game.

Arnold looks so brain dead in that game. I think his mind couldn't bare the suckage

I saw all of those cartoons, save for Ren & Stimpy.

This is the one time that I thank the fact that my country is years behind the west in terms of television shows & films.

90's kids are best kids.

Kids today don't know anything about cartoons.

*shakes cane*

Ehhh... Nicktoons did have some decent things going for it, and I was a fan of some of the shows mentioned, both on and off the top 5 list itself... but Doug was dull, dull, DULL. NC has already torn it a new once so I shan't bother going into any great depth but... yeahno.

Rocko's Modern Life was the best show Nick ever aired. The episode you mentioned is second only to the "Nipples of the Future" gag.

I can't think of any nicktoons show that I liked as a kid. I found them annoying and obnoxious. Hearing the voice acting from some of the shows in this episode, I can see one reason. That was annoying to hear.

Fox Kids used to be my favourite channel, but it seems like no one remembers it. They just remember cartoon network, nicktoons and disney channel. I loved Disney Channel too, but that one came much later, at least here.

Hey Arnold...
Rockos Modern Life...
Angry Beavers...
Ren and Stimpy...
Rugrats...

.. .. I remember those all to well.
Seriously, I watched a crap load of those episodes (i've probably seen all of them too, especially since they had a lot of re-runs aired). Anyhow I am sad to say that the games didn't hold up to the shows. Like for example, Ahh! Real Monsters the game was not fun because of the difficulty plus the teamwork was sloppy and limited. Plus, in each Rugrats game made you do puzzle work, maze work, or simply arcade games that didn't excite me. All well...

Its a shame, Nicktoons were good, really good. Now days the only reason to watch Nick is for Hartmans stuff.

And allow me to disagree with you for once Lisa,
this game was good, clunky but varied. That toy store level was freaking terrifying!

PunkRex:
Its a shame, Nicktoons were good, really good. Now days the only reason to watch Nick is for Hartmans stuff.

And allow me to disagree with you for once Lisa,
this game was good, clunky but varied. That toy store level was freaking terrifying!

I came here to post about this game actually.

I can barely remember it but I know I enjoyed it, an upside down level sticks in my head for some reason.

OHWAIT! How the hell didn't anyone mention CATDOG yet?! What is the matter with you people?!

I cannot respectfully disagree because I haven't the foggiest idea of what you are talking about!

I am showing my age here, but I guess I was already an adult any/all of these cartoons were aired, so I was more interested in drinking and earning some money so that I could go drinking. I can only say that I liked Ren and Stimpy, and even then I barely saw a few episodes.

I have to say that I preferred Cartoon Network and not Nickelodeon. Dragonball Z, Two Stupid Dogs, most of the shows on Boomerang. Childhood bliss! But Angry Beavers is great, maybe that explains my profound love of beaver?

Nicktoons will always be tarnished in my memory by that God awful Mya/Ma$e song...

Draconalis:
I hated almost every show mention in this episode... and that goes beyond the list of 5

Yes! I'm not the only one!
I grew up with these shows, and I've got to say: I thought they were awful.

Daystar Clarion:
90's kids are best kids.

*shakes cane*

So, Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra don't live up to your standards?

I swear, I loooooooove Rocko's Modern Life, I still watch reruns of it on Nick@Nite (ironically, only worthwile for the stuff Nick used to run... except for the new TMNT show, wich is actually pretty good and Korra is pretty awesome too), I didn't know there even was a videogame of it and I think I'd react exactly the same as Lisa if I knew it existed when I was a kid and I'd be exactly as bummed as her the moment I poped that sucker into my SNES.

Glad it didn't turned out that way.

Draconalis:

Hating Rugrats is against the laws of physics...

Are there any shows even remotely as good as the 90's Nicktoons on Nickelodeon anymore?

So no one is even going to mention All That at all?

MorganL4:

Draconalis:

Hating Rugrats is against the laws of physics...

Are there any shows even remotely as good as the 90's Nicktoons on Nickelodeon anymore?

Avatar: The Last Airbender would like a word with you.

Also Wenseph what show is your picture/gif from?

Arif_Sohaib:

1) Not a Nicktoon....or a cartoon at all
2) There's no context to it in the case of this episode

So I wasn't the only one who didn't like Disney. Aside from Recess (which is awesome) and maybe some Lloyd in Space, I just didn't like to watch Disney.
I disagree about only early Spongebob being good... I think that it's still pretty good to this day. The only negative change over the years I have noticed is that a lot of the newer episodes seem to end rather abruptly/randomly without much conclusion.
Also, I seem to be the only one, but I didn't like Ren & Stimpy because I thought it was too disgusting to be enjoyable. (And yet I still managed to get the Happy Happy Joy Joy song stuck in my head.) AAAHH!!! Real Monsters was almost at that point, but I could still like it.

As for games, never played any of them. I knew better than to play stuff like this, it's almost always bad.

DJShire:

Arif_Sohaib:

1) Not a Nicktoon....or a cartoon at all
2) There's no context to it in the case of this episode

She mentioned Pete and Pete.
And in the context of this episode, her version of All That was one of the worst things Nick made, probably not her fault but she was involved in it.

Rocko's Modern Life is still one of my favorite shows.

Stimpy's Invention was pretty good. I still have it.

My best friend in grade school had R&S Time Warp. I remember it being a little clunky and difficult at times but I've played worse.

Lisa, any chance for a best 5?

Daystar Clarion:
90's kids are best kids.

*shakes cane*

Yeah, cartoons now a days are pretty shitty, with the exception of Adventure Time. I think because after the 80s was over Nickelodeon stopped caring about making "educational programming" and just made balls ass crazy shit. Now it's like most cartoonns are going backwards. That, or they're just really cheaply made flash cartoons with B-Grade voice actors and have no appeal to them.

Anyone remember Dexter's Laborotory? I watched some recently and it's actually a pretty damn funny show.
Like the episode where he builds basically a gundam, then at the end he end's up in Japan and all the school kids have better mecha than him.

As a kid I didn't understand that at all, but it's fucking hilarious in hindsight.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here