Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Worst Nicktoons Games

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

So, no one else realized how twisted and dark the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" song was? I mean it is a very dark song that young kids could not pick up but some adults would.

Edit: I still love the song and show though. :P

I beat Stimpy's invention like 4 times! that game was THE ONLY good one. I still have great memories of playing CO-OP on it and had a blast every time.

Ah, Rocko's Modern Life.

I loved that show. I actually didn't remember there being a game of it until you mentioned it.

Must have been some good ole memory repression because I now remember hating the hell out of it.

mrjoe94:

MorganL4:

Draconalis:
I hated almost every show mention in this episode... and that goes beyond the list of 5

Hating Rugrats is against the laws of physics...

Are there any shows even remotely as good as the 90's Nicktoons on Nickelodeon anymore?

Avatar: The Last Airbender would like a word with you.

Also Wenseph what show is your picture/gif from?

Avatar was great, but it ended..... And Legend of Kora is good, but IMO not on the same level as it's predecessor.

As far as my avatar, it is the album cover for Boston's Greatest Hits.

You know, from back in the days when cover art for albums ACTUALLY mattered.

The only NickToons game I was aware of before this video was the Nicktoons film maker program I had on PC ages ago.

Can't even remember the full name of it, but you could essentially pose and make films using various Nickelodeon characters. Not everyone was present (no Rugrats), and not every show had its full casts present (Rocko was in it, as were Heffer, Spunky and the turtle guy whos name escapes me, but Rocko's neighbour and that cat lady with the hook hand weren't in it)

Wasn't much of a game, though.

Oh, well. At least they had POWDERED TOAST MAN.

I played Aaahh!!! Real Monsters and Rocko's Modern Life. And they were terrible. Thus began my guilt over renting/buying bad games with my parents' money.

I wasn't a huge watcher of nic cartoons but can someone explain ren and stimpy to me... maybe I'm missing the gene that finds that show funny but I can't seem to get it.

Daystar Clarion:
90's kids are best kids.

Kids today don't know anything about cartoons.

*shakes cane*

OT: Yep, all those games where complete shite. But what else did you expect? I mean, was there ever a good game based on a Nickelodeon Cartoon? The most they ever seemed to get was average. :\

The utter irony of Lisa Foiles doing this episode is going to drive me mad

4. TOTALLY FANNY

Context:
http://youtu.be/ixYCle3uSx8

On a side note, come on now. Nicktoons Unite was decent. Nothing special, but serviceable.

Draconalis:
I hated almost every show mention in this episode... and that goes beyond the list of 5

You're not alone. I think the only ones I liked that were mentioned were Doug and Rugrats. Everything else... I stayed the frick away from as a kid.

Sorry, cant watch it after hearing that Spongebob was good.

How do you form an opinion on something without trying it first?
Each Ren and Stimpy game had a different developer make them.

If you played Stimpy's Invention, you would find that it is a reasonably difficult platformer with humor dabbled in. Fairly decent for its time.

Don't be so close-minded, Lisa. :P

...but, yeah. Veediots was terrible.

Hey Lisa! This is just begging for a top 5 nicktoons list.

PunkRex:
Its a shame, Nicktoons were good, really good. Now days the only reason to watch Nick is for Hartmans stuff.

And allow me to disagree with you for once Lisa,
this game was good, clunky but varied. That toy store level was freaking terrifying!

I remember really enjoying that game.

That does remind me though. A guy called Dshban did a pretty funny LP of the game.

OT: I loved almost all the shows mentioned on this episode. (except Aaahh!! Real Monsters. I don't really remember liking that one)

Looking back, it's pretty amazing how much flew over my head in Rocko's Modern Life. There was a restaurant in the show called "Chokey Chicken". Makes so much more sense now considering some of the other crass stuff in there. XD

As for Nicktoons games, I did find myself playing a lot of the Spongebob games. (back when the show was good) like Wrath of the Flying Dutchmen, Battle for Bikini Bottom, and the one based off the movie. Looking back, none of them were particularly bad, but they did follow the standard collect-a-thon style of play a lot of platformers back then used.

I never played any of the games but the clips of those old cartoons really bring back some great memories. They don't make cartoons, much less decent TV, like that anymore.

Yeah, nostalgic much?

Do remember playing some really bad Star Wars games, mainly on the GameBoy. They were awful.

Finally someone agree with me on Spongebob sucking.

I was lucky that I never got to play any of those horrid games (we still had our old NES and Game Boy before we graduated to the PS1 when I was in middle school)! That said, the show themselves on which the games are based on, they where a hit or miss for me and my sister. I enjoyed Rocko's Modern Life, early Ren and Stimpy (the stuff after John K left was terrible) and Angry Beavers. Rugrats was charming by default, but it had it's good episodes and so was Doug, even though Doug was kinda bland on occasion.

Hey Arnold! was pretty enjoyable too, especially since it was the most down-to-earth and realistic Nicktoon Nickelodeon has ever aired (HA! did have some fantasy elements, but they where often few and far between). AAAHH!!! Real Monsters is the definitive little boys TV show and I liked it, but not nearly as much as the other Nicktoons. And Spongebob...I'll admit, I do enjoy watching it from time to time, but that show is, to me, like Pee-Wee's Playhouse: It's fun to watch once and a while, but to watch it everyday will annoy me to no end.

Triaed:
I cannot respectfully disagree because I haven't the foggiest idea of what you are talking about!

I am showing my age here, but I guess I was already an adult any/all of these cartoons were aired, so I was more interested in drinking and earning some money so that I could go drinking. I can only say that I liked Ren and Stimpy, and even then I barely saw a few episodes.

Yeah...I'm too old to know any of these cartoons as well.

I'm a kid of the 70s/80s...and these Nicktoons cartoons? Don't know 'em.

So all you 90s kids telling the current kids to get off your lawn? Well, you all should get off my lawn!

90's kid here. I agree with all those choices, the last Ren and Stimpy (The one on the Sega) was pretty decent for it's time, but still kinda sucked.

This ep gave me the biggest nostalgia. When I have enough money I'm totally hunting down a Rugrats box set (it should exist right?).

Adventure Time, Regular Show and a few others are still decent for todays kids... Just wished they'd air Rugrats again.

I never played the Aaahh!!! Real Monsters game, but it sounds like Krumm's ability would have been useful for those blind jumps you mentioned.

That Aaahh Real Monsters game was the last video game I ever rented....Because Major Video was getting rid of cartridges & my parents refused to buy me another console ever.

Yo Foiles, this one's for you.

Now here's a game I remember getting a lot of flack.

Stimpy's Invention was pretty fun but MAN was it difficult for no reason! Also, some people beat me to it, but the Rugrats game on PSX was great! Not sure if it was that one or the one based on the movie that had mini golf in it. Also fun to play.

PunkRex:
Its a shame, Nicktoons were good, really good. Now days the only reason to watch Nick is for Hartmans stuff.

And allow me to disagree with you for once Lisa,
this game was good, clunky but varied. That toy store level was freaking terrifying!

This game was fucking awesome, the first game I played on the PS1. I remember the ghost level, the putt-putt adventure, the level where the entire house was upside down, the level where you were on a UFO and the level where you got to play as Spike. And yes I too remember the toy store, it scared the crap outta me.

Such a good game.

Space Cadet Adventures Lisa!!! How could you forget Space Cadet Adventures for the GameBoy when talking about a Ren and Stimpy game!!!

Although, in hindsight, that game is probably real bad. Real real bad

First - I currently hate you for placing happy happy joy joy in my head before a day of work..

Second, I don't think I played any of these, but how the heck can you not allow save games? What was this the Atari 2600 days?

Lastly...HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well Aaahh!!!Real Monsters was a game I couldn't get far in. So didn't know how bad it sucked. Still was fun. You are completely right about the show, was why it was one of my favorite.

Also on Search for Reptar, loved it. I understood why Chucky was afraid of ducks after playing it.

Thank you Lisa for doing on where I have played all that you mentioned. Hope you do more in that vain.

A thing with animated shows, there are good ones out there. The problem these days with keeping them alive. People do try, hell Nick is the last station that once a year showcases new animators. A guy I am a big fan of TV's Kyle got on there for example.
http://youtu.be/EiEzOgeyho0

With it being cheaper, easier, and more of a demand for the real life stuff is why you see them more often.

AC10:

Daystar Clarion:
90's kids are best kids.

Kids today don't know anything about cartoons.

*shakes cane*

Yeah, cartoons now a days are pretty shitty, with the exception of Adventure Time. I think because after the 80s was over Nickelodeon stopped caring about making "educational programming" and just made balls ass crazy shit. Now it's like most cartoonns are going backwards. That, or they're just really cheaply made flash cartoons with B-Grade voice actors and have no appeal to them.

Anyone remember Dexter's Laborotory? I watched some recently and it's actually a pretty damn funny show.
Like the episode where he builds basically a gundam, then at the end he end's up in Japan and all the school kids have better mecha than him.

As a kid I didn't understand that at all, but it's fucking hilarious in hindsight.

I saw Dexter's Lab in high school and got many of the anime references, loved it to bits. Still do. Samurai Jack was pretty good too, by the same creator, although I'd probably have liked it better if I were 5 years younger :)

Rocko, Beavers, Ren&Stimpy etc. Awwwww yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the good memories, my 2D friends!

And Lisa, for reminding me!

Good show miss. You're funny and beautiful. I'd forgotten about those games. I remember my buddy had them when we were growing up, but I always wanted to play Starfox or Super Star Wars 'cause he had a Super Nintendo. (My mom wouldn't let me have one. My dad got me a Sega Master System when I was 8, so some cred there, I guess. The PSX is the first console I bought myself when I was 14.) I still sing the Log song from time to time at work and freak people out. Some remember. Most just think I'm having a stroke.

Jacco:
Hey Arnold was awesome because they snuck profanity in where ever they could. I distinctly remember Grandpa saying "let's fish for the halibut" but the actor said it in a way that was meant to sound exactly like "hell of it."

in the dutch version they would actually swear, like, real swears, bro!

I distinctly remember helga and gerald calling "bullshit" on occasion.

I still maintain that Rocco is one of the best written Australian characters to have ever appeared on television. Loved that show.

All great shows, though I haven't played the games and, by the sounds of it, never, never, ever, ever will.

trooper6:

Triaed:
I cannot respectfully disagree because I haven't the foggiest idea of what you are talking about!

I am showing my age here, but I guess I was already an adult any/all of these cartoons were aired, so I was more interested in drinking and earning some money so that I could go drinking. I can only say that I liked Ren and Stimpy, and even then I barely saw a few episodes.

Yeah...I'm too old to know any of these cartoons as well.

I'm a kid of the 70s/80s...and these Nicktoons cartoons? Don't know 'em.

So all you 90s kids telling the current kids to get off your lawn? Well, you all should get off my lawn!

*shaking fist in the air*

Now you should do the top 5 best Nicktoons games. I've always had a soft spot for Battle for Bikini Bottom.

I played several games that deserve an honorable mention on this list... although actually Jimmy Newtron Boy Genius on the PC had some interesting level design.
Rocket Power: Gettin Air (GBA) is just bland and dull without being overtly bad, and there was also that godawful Rugrats adventure PC game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here