Movie Trailers: Ratchet and Clank Movie - Official Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Ratchet and Clank Movie - Official Trailer

Ratchet and Clank team up once again, this time for a movie.

Watch Video

Wait, this actually looks good. I mean its funny, clever, in the spirit of the game. Could there finally be a good video game based movie *head explodes*.

Haha... poor Quark...

I'm actually kinda interested now, and would like to see where it goes...

I'm game. If they don't piss off the animators this could even be good.

A feature length videogame cutscene released theatrically...
It's all I ever asked for. I was afraid they were gonna pull a "Cat In The Hat" sort of thing.

This is... interesting.

Providing they have good script it might work. Though we must ask ourselves, who is this film aimed at. My guess is the teen/young adult market. Though I have to ask how are they going to sell this to people who have never played the games.

I'm not sure who particularly asked for this, but if Qwark is anywhere near the massive ham he is in the games then it'll be worth seeing for that alone. =D

This is cool, very cool. But I have to say if they have an idea for a plot, shouldn't that go to Insomniac first? I'd rather play a game than watch a movie. Still, maybe it wouldn't work as a game. I will definitely look forward to this.
May even go to the theater.
And if they make Qwark bearable. I couldn't stand him in the first few games.

EHKOS:
This is cool, very cool. But I have to say if they have an idea for a plot, shouldn't that go to Insomniac first? I'd rather play a game than watch a movie. Still, maybe it wouldn't work as a game. I will definitely look forward to this.

According to IGN the writer for the games is also the screenwriter so they should have people who knoe what they are doing

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/23/ratchet-and-clank-animated-movie-headed-to-theaters

exobook:

EHKOS:

According to IGN the writer for the games is also the screenwriter so they should have people who knoe what they are doing

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/23/ratchet-and-clank-animated-movie-headed-to-theaters

Well that's good, but what I meant was maybe they should make it a game plot since All 4 One and Full Frontal sucked, we could use another full length game.

Who is responsible for this garbage? Aren't even pseudo-mascots safe from the plague of movie adaptations?

I'm calling this right now - they're gonna make movies of Sly and Jak next, and ALL THREE of these are going to be relentlessly cynical cash-grabs because WHAT ISN'T these days?!

Flame me if you want to, but I'm fucking sick and tired of all this milking.

I've watched it several times now...still not convinced this is real.

I think I'm more excited about the prospect of Rainmaker (better known in the 90's as Mainframe) stepping away from those shoddy Barbie and Max Steel movies and finally making something that actually looks worthwile.

I'm interested.

EHKOS:

As far as I can tell, according to the IGN article it's going to have Ratchet and Clank's 'origin' story and will feature Chairman Drek, so a lot of content from the first game, but with a lot of the changes later on that made the characters more enjoyable; you can see Ratchet's got a more recent look than his first game appearance and probably won't be as annoying, and hopefully Clank not so dull. Plus they have mention of, I think, the Galactic Rangers in the interview which was... the 3rd game? It wouldn't make sense if they compressed all 3 stories into one film, so it's probably mainly the story of the first game with cherry-picked bits from the others to improve it, which sounds like a perfect adaptation to me.

EHKOS:

Truthfully I'd rather the next R&C be a movie than a game, at least if Insomniac keeps making them. As a developer that just flat out said they aren't making games that don't have multi-player anymore, any R&C game they make now will be a shadow of what the series was (All4One and FullFrontalAssault being Exhibit A and B).

So I'm fine with this. I'd be even more fine if they gave the IP to someone willing to keep the games the way they were. What is it with them trying to change the formula... didn't they learn anything from Deadlocked? And I liked that game to an extent, but it didn't exactly win hearts and minds.

I can't believe I haven't heard about this until now. I was a big fan of the old Ratchet and Clank games on the PS2.

Wait, at first glance I thought this was a joke. And I've never played the games, but this Qwark guy seems pretty funny.

Right in the teen years of my life. I am really looking forward to this.

As long as it has the groovinator in there somewhere, I'll be happy.

Well, when I woke up this morning, I didn't expect to be seeing this 0___0.

Take my money, damn it! Well, maybe not quite yet. We shall see. But wow, where the hell did this come from?

Though I am rather sad that they aren't taking the animation to the level of A Crack In Time (well, Qwark does, but not Ratchet). That game was GORGEOUS! Look at this beautiful game.

You can see every hair on Ratchet's head. Every tooth in his mouth. Clank's body is so beautifully metallic and shiny. Not to mention the level of expression most of the characters have. So much colour, life, and detail in every pixel.

I have but one request. It's a simple one, but one I expect met. It's the same one I gave to Sly 4, and it delivered. PLEEEEASE be good!

Cid SilverWing:
I'm calling this right now - they're gonna make movies of Sly and Jak next, and ALL THREE of these are going to be relentlessly cynical cash-grabs because WHAT ISN'T these days?!

Time will tell, but as cynical milking of Insomniac developed franchises go, it can't possibly be any worse than Skylanders.

I'll hold out some hope, if it's based loosely around the first game then there's plenty of scope for it to be funny.

Yes, yes, yes.

My money, take it.

Or perhaps one should invest in time-traveling so that I can go to the future and watch it now.

Makes me wonder if there are people who don't know the old Bugs Bunny cartoons this borrows from... and it makes me sad that there are.

OT: Intriguing, to be sure, the franchise might have some potential for adaptation, but the track record of cross-medium IP is so terrible it's hard to take seriously. Proceed with caution... cautious optimism.

omg omg omg omg omg This was my first console game i played (except Halo but i wasnt allowed to play all of it due to the flood) and i LOVED it i still do and i own ratchet and clank 1,2,3 Gladiator, tools of destruction and size matters this was a massive piece of my childhood and got me into gaming and i cant WAIT for the movie!!!!. *gaming orgasm*

Wow, a R&C Movie?
Count me in.

I wonder what they're going to do about Qwark. He's pretty much 100% comic relief at this point, but the origin story calls for a much more serious role. Though the galactic rangers are in it so I suppose they could just skip to him "leading" them.

Here's hoping it doesn't suck. And is a success. And its capacity to not suck and be a success leads to a Jak & Daxter movie.

Cid SilverWing:
Who is responsible for this garbage? Aren't even pseudo-mascots safe from the plague of movie adaptations?

Flame me if you want to, but I'm fucking sick and tired of all this milking.

Given that they're capturing the true spirit of Ratchet and Clank with the same voice actors, and a hell of alot better CG than most of the games then I'll have to disagree with you.
Ratchet and Clank has been a long respected franchise and I have high hopes that they won't botch this movie to high hell.

Besides Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper are both owned by separate companies who I think wouldn't be interested in making a movie adaptation.

I really trust insomniac with this seeing how they've yet to do anything wrong other than losing Spyro to activision

Mmmh, I really, really hope they use a different model for Ratchet when the movie comes out. He hasn't looked any good since... well since Deadlocked, really.

Holy crap, where did that come from? And why am I suddenly very, very excited?

This is awesome! ...So long as they keep the original character models. Qwark just isn't the same without his fabulous bum chin.

Thats kinda cool might be worth some money when it gets a UK release :)

Hmmm... not really sure about this one.

To be honest, I see much more potential in a CG-film about Jak & Daxter than about Ratchet & Clank.
They both have interesting settings, but Jak has the better humor (Daxter in an animated CG-film, sold!), more interesting characters and a setup that seems more convenient to adapt (what with the classical plot twists and the faint presence of a three act structure).

I wonder if there's going to be a "Ratchet & Clank: the movie: the game"-type of thing.

Did insomniac run out of ideas cause the series has lack since up your arsenal

Wow, this... actually looks pretty fun and true to the games' style of humour.

...what is going on and how can we make it continue to go on?

Team Hollywood:
Ratchet and Clank Movie - Official Trailer

Ratchet and Clank team up once again, this time for a movie.

Watch Video

Oh fuck yes... Seriously, Fuck. Yes...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook