Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Moments With HK-47

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Moments With HK-47

May the force be with you while you watch this very special episode.

Watch Video

Top 5 reasons I love this show:
5. She's pretty
4. She's funny
3. She proves that female gamers exist
2. The lists are informative
1. Due to the lists only consisting of 5 parts, only half of our usual time is spent to contemplate the implications of her choices and it only takes half the time to learn who/what the number one spot belongs to.

I never played KOTOR but now I want to just to experience that lovely and perfect Star Trek reference. lmao

Now I'm gunna have to add KOTOR to my backlog for real :(

At last, a top 5 where i know all the characters.

I am absolutely with you with number 1. It's the best metaphor for love I've ever heard.

And the Carth/Bastila mockery was my favorite moment in KotOR 2.

Captcha is "run the gauntlet." Is it telling me to play through the KotOR games back-to-back?

Now we just need a Top 5 Wrex moments and the cycle will have been completed! HK-47 and Canderous are probably my favorite characters from that game.

Fun fact about the stupidity of Star Wars canon: HK-47 is still functioning during and after the original trilogy. He's thousands of years old O.o

Ah thank you for reminding me how awesome HK 47 is! Man I've forgotten most of his quotes until now, it's time to head onto Youtube to listen to his lines!

Fappy:

Fun fact about the stupidity of Star Wars canon: HK-47 is still functioning during and after the original trilogy. He's thousands of years old O.o

What?
He was just a VERY well built droid.

It's a little weird how games made by a company known for making really good characters often have their "least human" characters (at least visually) be the most popular in their games. Weird in the best way that is. :)

Too bad some people don't seem to get this concept, and seem to think the best way for people to like a character is for them to look as "life like" as possible.

x( You know who!

Because I shut myself away from SW since Episode 1 I only heared of HK-47 by reputation. But it seems I missed something!
Nice Top 5 to get the drift! All hail the Meatbag scum!

Statement: I cannot find any fault with the meatbag's reasoning in this video. A feeling of joy is building within my behaviour core as a result, not unlike the time I located a target by torturing homeless children.

Query: How difficult was it for such an inferior meatbag specimen to choose only five quotes from such a vast array of undisputed genius?

I agree with all of them, but I refuse to acknowledge that Reven or HK were is The Old Republic as I hate what Bioware did to them.

I love HK-47. I really loved him in Kotor 2, where they gave him quite a bit more depth than in 1. Making him more philosophical and all that.

Gizmo1990:
I agree with all of them, but I refuse to acknowledge that Reven or HK were is The Old Republic as I hate what Bioware did to them.

You mean you don't like how they're not just some raid bosses you kill after a small conversation all your party members tell you to skip?

Yeah, it sucks.

Pacifist chip HK-47, Droid Factory HK-47 and HK-47 making fun of GoTO!

I'm one of those guys who thinks kotor2 is probably one of the best written games ever made let down by lucasart's bullshit, they really added on to HK-47's awesomeness.

I agree, everything they did to Revan and the entire series after the second game pisses me off and sends me into a fanboy rage. Oh well, we all get that one nerdy thing we can't scream and cry about.

"Oh, hey, I'm Revan! That guy who massacred like 50+ dark jedi single-handedly on the star forge and destroyed Darth Malak! Imma going to go die to like 5 random sith fucks XD"

Sorry, had to get out of my system.

Best HK-47 is where he schools you on how to kill Jedi.

HK-47 and GoTO are the best droids in the entire star wars universe.

Imp Emissary:

Fappy:

What?

It's a little weird how games made by a company known for making really good characters often have their "least human" characters (at least visually) be the most popular in their games. Weird in the best way that is. :)

Too bad some people don't seem to get this concept, and seem to think the best way for people to like a character is for them to look as "life like" as possible.

x( You know who!

it's easier for us to relate to characters who are not human but act close to how humans act than to relate to characters who are supposed to be human but clearly are not. that's the reason why game with an art style that clearly does not try to be realistic have an easier time making us like the characters and why the most popular characters in ME are Garrus, Wrex and Liara.

and interesting about HK47 still being alive after thousands of years: wouldn't have replaced every original part several time by then? and wouldn't that make him just a perfect copy and not the original hk47? and did he refine his assassination skills all this time so that he can now kill by throwing a coin which causes a chain reaction that results in his targets death?

Small addendum re: his name - yeah, it's a play on AK-47, but IMO it was also an homage to the Terminator movies - i.e., Reese talking about having to hide from the "HKs" and explaining to Sarah how that meant "Hunter-killer," which seems to sum up HK-47's activities rather well ;-)

That was a good list, for a meatbag.

As for definition of love... YOU LEFT THE QUOTE ONLY 1/3RD FINISHED!!

"...Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and strangely enough, not many meatbags would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

...How could you!

EDIT:
That would be my 2nd favorite moment.

My top favorite moment is..

EDIT2: and yes I hate what The Old Republic did to Revan and HK47. I have never raged so hard about videogame ever. Now imagine if they made Mass Effect MMO where you get to kill Liara, Tali, Garrus, etc for loots. *Shudder*

The mockery part was my personal favorite :D

I can't believe I traded my copy of KOTOR years ago...time to go buy it again :P

Holy crap... I'm enjoying Swtor right now (yup, I'm liking it), but now, I'm seriously considering about getting Kotor, also it doesn't look so bad for it's age.

And here I played through the entire game without him ( I decided to not purchase him) Now, especially since I chose the Sith route, I wish I had.

Kotor is one of my favorite RPG franchise from Star Wars universe. HK 47 was fantastic as a character.

Great list Lisa!

As much as I love the #1 moment, the #2 moment still makes me double over in laughter. I think the overacting is what does it.

1. I love you Lisa
2. why no Blendy? I think HK-47 and Blendy would be good friends.

Hm. I belive' you've just covinced me to play this game. Looks like it's totaly awesome.

Tanis: Can you try to do some repairs? They don't care if you move, it is just me who is stuck.
Bastilla: I say leave him.
Tanis: You're pretty heartless for such a pretty lady, you know?
Bastilla: I take it back. Let's congratulate his wife.
HK-47: Commentary: I say we blast the meatbag and save you the trouble, master.

HK-47's story time should have been somewhere on that list.

captcha: ear candy, damn right meatbags

Aww the list ended. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

I still laugh way too hard whenever I hear quote 2.

But my personal favourite wasn't on the list!

"2% probability the miniature organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."

Still use it to this day. Altered for the situation of course: "98% chance [issue], 2% chance [object in question] is doing [issue] on purpose and needs to be beaten. Although that may just be wishful thinking on my part"

MorganL4:
And here I played through the entire game without him ( I decided to not purchase him) Now, especially since I chose the Sith route, I wish I had.

Definetly! The game's most hilarious moments always happen with either him or Jolee. I only wished I knew how to use him better and he would have been with me all the time.

I love the top 5. I would have switched 1 and 2, but that's only because 2 made me fall out of my chair first time I heard it.

Here's a match made in robotic hell:

D374-TP and HK-47.

OT: God, I remember that game. HK-47 was definitely a memorable character; pretty much the best purchase in game!

Assessment: I wasn't entirely clear which particular moments she was referring to for each number, just seemed to be a slew of moments, given how many scenes were shown.
Speculation: Then again, she did say every moment was best, I think, perhaps that was intentional?
Statement: Still, this most likely works better than if she had listed the worst Star Wars games or something, would have been quite a dogpile.

Addendum: I'm surprised to not see anyone else doing this, too obvious?

Great list, Lisa! HK-47 is on of the best game characters of the last decade. i remember pairing him up with T4-M7 just to hear them argue, like the anti- C-3PO and R2-D2., and trying to fix his memory without enough Repair Skill points (before our memories recovered).

teebeeohh:

Imp Emissary:

Fappy:

What?

x( You know who!

it's easier for us to relate to characters who are not human but act close to how humans act than to relate to characters who are supposed to be human but clearly are not. that's the reason why game with an art style that clearly does not try to be realistic have an easier time making us like the characters and why the most popular characters in ME are Garrus, Wrex and Liara.

and interesting about HK47 still being alive after thousands of years: wouldn't have replaced every original part several time by then? and wouldn't that make him just a perfect copy and not the original hk47? and did he refine his assassination skills all this time so that he can now kill by throwing a coin which causes a chain reaction that results in his targets death?

Correction: That should be impossible, seeing as how

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or