Trailers: Curiosity - You Can Arise Trailer

Curiosity - You Can Arise Trailer

This really could be the game version of the movie Se7en if Gwyneth Paltrow's head is at the center of the cube.

Watch Video

Well, that's pretty pointless. NEXT!

wait this is still going on? huh

Could someone give me an explanation of what this is?

Is this just an even more insubstantial version of those tap games on mobile devices? Couldn't they have skinned the mindless tapping portion with a farm or crime gang or something?

What did I just see? I don't even know what just happened.

However, if this is that cube thing from Doctor Who, then there is nothing good in the cube. Don't open it.

If Hellraiser's taught me anything, it's that mysterious cubes are never good.

Absolutionis:
Could someone give me an explanation of what this is?

Is this just an even more insubstantial version of those tap games on mobile devices? Couldn't they have skinned the mindless tapping portion with a farm or crime gang or something?

It's a giant cube composed of a large number of smaller cubes, arranged in layers. Basically you zoom in and tap on the cubes to break them off and reveal the layer underneath, 1 layer at a time. The timelapse at the end of the video shows that each layer stripped off makes the cube smaller.

The gimmick 22cans set up around it is that inside the cube is something supposedly very interesting that will only be shown to whoever breaks the last layer.

So if it's an online thing where it will take a bajillion people to chip away at some bajillion resolution virtual object, that's kind of interesting. (Kind of what I understood noby noby boy was supposed to be. community effort and all.)

If it's just an individual app. Shame on them for making a big deal over an overblown "uncover the image" game.

I'm hoping the super secret inside the cube is a counter for how many hours has been wasted by people. Preferably in life time.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here