Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: To Game Or Not To Game

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Yahtzee is a tallented word-smith I'm a little envious of him because of that. Jim writes like my brother and they do more or less the same type of articles, that's probably why I'll gravitate more to Jim's writing, but Yahtzee is a really good writer none-the-less.

You guys did it again, I love this new series!!!

My only complaint is that Yahtzee's presentation is still a bit flat. It sounds like something I would expect from a high school English class. If he got into it a bit more like Jim then his poems would certainly have more impact aurally.

Is Escapist Expo 2013 going to have a live Rhymedown Spectacular?

MorphingDragon:
My only complaint is that Yahtzee's presentation is still a bit flat. It sounds like something I would expect from a high school English class. If he got into it a bit more like Jim then his poems would certainly have more impact aurally.

Yeah Yahtzee is definitely the better writer, but Jim's a better performer. They're both great though.

Is it just me, but is Yahtzee starting to look like a slightly psychotic bearded Charles dance? Younger obviously. But still.

Great episode, liked both of the poems.

Jim hit it out of the park with this one. Yahtzee's was good to, if a bit contrived.

DarkhoIlow:
Well done both of you.

Dark Souls was really one a kind game (Souls series in general).

Eh, to be fair the two Souls games (Dark and Demon's) are both actually somewhat of a spiritual successor of the much older King's Field games, especially seeing as FROM Software made them as well. Both Souls titles often have references within them to the King's Field titles too! Seethe the Scaleless is a possible reference, as is the pendant and some healing items, among a variety of others. But that's enough off-topic info for me today...!

I've just watched all three videos for this. It may very well be the next best thing since virtually sliced, digitally delivered slice bread! Can't quite say whose I prefer though... Yahtzee has some of the oddest, best expressions when he does it, but Mr. Stirling brings a little bit of that flair that you usually see in his Jimquisition videos with his part.

I'd say they are about neck in neck, give or take a point on either side... Jim is definitely stepping it up though I've noticed!

Jim improved greatly in this one. And the subject matter...sorry, I think there's something in my eye : )

It's okay big burly guy, just go beat up that massive pussy Darius Mason and steal his magical fix everything flashlight. There's no risk, he'll probably freeze up in the middle of the fight anyway.

Man Red Faction Armageddon sucked.

I've scoured the web i've browsed far and wide.
i've seen this and that, i've laughed and i've cried.

I've seen every movie, I've played every game.
but each time i've finished it's felt all the same.

To the web I returned to cure my frown.
Where i clicked on a link entitled Rhymedown.

T'was simple yet deep it filled me with glee.
I felt like a child just starting to read.

Both yahtzee and jim both born from the bile.
of terrible gaming and devs not worthwhile.

They spun me a tale that i've already heard.
To do it in rhyme? That sounded absurd.

And yet here i sit with chills on my flesh.
This torrent of rhyme is simply the best.

To Jim, Ben, and Susan I simply must plea.
Please keep this show running if only for me.

Eh faith weapons are so bad in Dark Souls
but whatever
Thumbs up from me

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook