Trailers: Silent Enemy - Teaser Trailer

Silent Enemy - Teaser Trailer

From the makers of Papa & Yo comes a serious take on bullying.

Watch Video

Seems very intriguing.

Certainly a game I would eagerly watch development and read reviews for.

Looks pretty pretentious, these kind of games rarely make good 'games' in my experience. Get ready for all criticism to be directed down the "You just don't understand the artist's vision" and "It's too deep for you" road.

Dansrage:
Looks pretty pretentious, these kind of games rarely make good 'games' in my experience. Get ready for all criticism to be directed down the "You just don't understand the artist's vision" and "It's too deep for you" road.

Clearly, you just don't understand what the game is going for.

/zing.

OT: Interesting... I'm reasonably confident that such subject matter can't really be handled well in a game, but then again, I'd have said the same thing about child abuse and Papa & Yo turned out pretty good. I'm intrigued, if nothing else.

Interesting idea, I'll definitely keep an eye on this game.

Also what's with the black and white videos with people holding up written cards? Is it a fad or something? Can't you just say it out loud or alternately have it as an overlay?

And the fourth kind of person is the type who didn't hang out or notice people to give a shit, potentially confused with the third type.

TheRussian:
Interesting idea, I'll definitely keep an eye on this game.

Also what's with the black and white videos with people holding up written cards? Is it a fad or something? Can't you just say it out loud or alternately have it as an overlay?

Whilst I think it would have conflicted with the tone of the video, I would have laughed if somebody just had; "Wasn't bullied" flips it again (magically) "Sorry(?)".

Agayek:

OT: Interesting... I'm reasonably confident that such subject matter can't really be handled well in a game, but then again, I'd have said the same thing about child abuse and Papa & Yo turned out pretty good. I'm intrigued, if nothing else.

Well, I guess we won't know until they try.
I'm not sure how such a theme could be approached in gaming in such a way as to avoid pretense, but at least it's a better argument than the last time the topic of Bullying popped up here on The Escapist.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here