Escape to the Movies: Iron Man 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Kataskopo:
Meh, I actually didn't like it. Mostly because of the motivations of the villian, they were so flimsy and "yeah, because I wan't to fuck things up" compared to the other two movies, especially the second one.

I really felt like it was so damn inconsistent. He (the villain) goes from taking several minutes to overheat Iron Patriot's suit into judo-chopping suits in half towards the ending. That reminds me; why did Patriot and Stark get instantly knocked out when they touched them through the suits, anyway?

And why didn't Stark use the chest-laser more, since it apparently insta-killed them when he shot them through the heart?

Damn it, so many plot holes!

Good. I'm always very excited for more Iron Man, and I'm glad that the newest one turns out to be good. (or at least, fun)
Looking forward to watching it!

Fully agree with this review. I was so sad to see the pathetic whining on imdb over the twist when I thought it was an excellent piece of creative writing from a movie that refuses to treat its audience like idiots.

Nice take on the Iroman3. A Very enjoyable movie indeed.
(Found the twist to be extremely funny)

Can't wait to see it.

But one question.
If Colonel Rhodes repaints the suit to be the "iron patriot," then who will be war machine? I remember in a big picture Moviebob mentioned that Harry Osbourne aka Green Goblin somehow becomes "the Iron Patriot."

Is there one post credits scene, or two like with Avengers and everyone missed the second one because they didn't know it was there.

minimacker:

Kataskopo:
Meh, I actually didn't like it. Mostly because of the motivations of the villian, they were so flimsy and "yeah, because I wan't to fuck things up" compared to the other two movies, especially the second one.

I really felt like it was so damn inconsistent. He (the villain) goes from taking several minutes to overheat Iron Patriot's suit into judo-chopping suits in half towards the ending. That reminds me; why did Patriot and Stark get instantly knocked out when they touched them through the suits, anyway?

And why didn't Stark use the chest-laser more, since it apparently insta-killed them when he shot them through the heart?

Damn it, so many plot holes!

And then he goes and breaks into the (not) super secure place where the mandarin is held. And bam exposition.

And why did Tony gave him his home address? And why was that needed, the mandarin hacked the freaking president's cellphone, surely he and most people knew where Tony lived.

And someone before me said the best thing about the twist:

AgentLampshade:
Eh, I liked the film as a whole, but I lost interest after the twist.

I saw it last night and it was a disgusting insult to comic fans. It's one thing to make small changes but what they did with the "twist" is pathetic and stupid. Avengers respected us, the comic book fans, and the movie was no worse off for it. IM 3 totally disrespects us and the movie suffers massively for it.

All of you who thought the twist was funny, more power to you. That just proves you have no love at all for the comic book universe and are ok with a film maker totally screwing with you.

Those of you who think it was a smart movie decision are also entitled to your opinion, even though your opinion is wrong as hell.

Bob, you lost all your comic-book cred with this one. How you could possibly think this is ok is beyond me.

I am not even getting into all the stupid inconsistencies and plot conveniences that make ZERO SENSE.

I wasn't impressed about the movie, especially the ending.

I am not going to spoil it, so let me just say, the "conclusion" to the series MovieBob refers to was clumsy and poorly executed... If people get pissed about the Mass Effect 3 ending, this should have a similar effect for similar reasons.

First time I've heeded spoiler warnings - thanks for putting them up, Bob. It's a classy option to extend while still satisfying the interested.

ShadowHamster:

Allow me to summarize both of these posts for people who thought TL,DR. "I don't know shit about comic book movies and resent that a product based on previous products would expect me to be familiar of the original. Every movie should consider my ignorance, and make up for it! That's how we get awesome superhero movies like Tim Burton's BATMAN!!!:D Also Poop!" Your welcome.

Correction: I resent that a medium based on previous mediums is trying to introduce their worst tropes (Bucky breaks his own fucking rule for god's sake) to this medium, and one critic in particular is showing his bias by giving that medium a pass for shit he usually takes other movies to task for. Every movie should NOT be given a pass just for sticking to something in the source material for the fanboys even if it's a really terrible idea (like how Bob wants everything to look like the Silver/Golden Age of comics). That's how we get shit movies like Captain America!!! :D Also Poop!

It's not a bad movie by any stretch, but it is filled with so many little annoyances that I never fully could enjoy any one part, and it just ended up bland to mildly amusing. Massive plotholes, a pointless twist just for the sake of having a twist, a weak villain, lack of consistency.

The action scenes especially turned me off from this. After the verbal thrashing Bob gave Amazing Spiderman, I can't believe he is ok with the level of stupid on show here. The air rescue scene was one of the worst things I have ever seen in any superhero movie, seriously there is a limit to suspension of disbelief. The ending battle was silly as well, since instead of making the villains threatening, they just make the suits seem weak instead and the battle itself was just repetitive.

Still, it has it's fun moments, mostly with the characters of Tony and Pepper. I'd still rank it as about the same level as Iron Man 2, which in retrospect succeeds in the areas where this film fails, and vice versa, since IM3 is at least an Iron Man movie.

TLDR; Meh

Kataskopo:

I don't think you understood his motivation...

I also enjoyed the twist. I honestly didn't see it coming.

Overall, I found it to be quite an enjoyable movie. Would recommend.

minimacker:

I really felt like it was so damn inconsistent. He (the villain) goes from taking several minutes to overheat Iron Patriot's suit into judo-chopping suits in half towards the ending.

So we're not getting a new hulk movie this series?
Sad day

scorptatious:

minimacker:

I really felt like it was so damn inconsistent. He (the villain) goes from taking several minutes to overheat Iron Patriot's suit into judo-chopping suits in half towards the ending.

There were many inconsistencies like this in the movie. MANY, starting with how Iron Patriot was "captured" in the first place. That made ZERO SENSE.

Not to spoil the ending but I'm going to say it was badly executed. The film is suffering from way to many plot lines. And no, the twist is not the reason for me to go gung-ho on this film considering I am not a fan of the comics. (or any other comics for that matter)

Anyway, not agreeing with Bob on this one. On so many levels. I am also not saying it's the worst film I have seen, but it's too fuzzy, riddled with plot-holes and not consistent enough. And I see that R.D.J. is trying to make the best of it but still, you can not give away a good performance when there are walls in front of you. Well, you can but nobody will see it.

The Deadpool:

Kataskopo:

Well, no I didn't.

So we see that Tony Stark dissed Guy Pearce a long time ago but he made a comeback. Did he wanted revenge?

Or was it about creating terrorists and becoming a defense contractor at the same time? That's... just evil. Why? Didn't he wanted to conquer the world too?

just out from seeing it and i got kida bored, still better than the second movie.

Cheat Commandos!
Maybe fighting for freedom,
And each is sold separately!
Cheat Commandos!
Probably battling evil,
Buy all our playsets and toys!

Yeah I've got nothing else to add, other than that this movie was awesome.

AgentLampshade:
Eh, I liked the film as a whole, but I lost interest after the twist.

And there was just a bit too much humour in it for my taste.

It is a decent enough film, I did enjoy it overall, but those points really dropped me out of the moment.

I'm with you on this one. I don't think the whole, "couldn't the guards be 'extemi-fied'?" but I think your other points are spot on.

It's one of those M. Night Shyamalan type of things. Sure it's a twist, but it doesn't suddenly become great just because you didn't see it coming. They really had a villain who was shaping up to be something awesome and kind of just cast it to the side for the sake of shock value.

And then the damn shards. Why did it take 3 movies for him to remove them? I remember them being inoperable, but now magically it's fixable? Just lazy.

Not better than any of the former movies in the Avengers series, except of course the second flick.

Also, why the hell is War Machine constantly played down? Is he this useless in the comics?

I personally did NOT like the twist

Other than that, I did enjoy the movie.

My two cents:

Rebecca Hall is the greatest actress working today, with maybe Meryl Streep still contending. It's a damn shame her part is so small it could've been written out of the script in five minutes. Why exactly did they need her there, other than to increase the number of females in the film?

The final action scene was great, especially getting to see Rhodey kick ass without a suit. Wish they would explain why Stark is okay with him stealing it and giving it to the government. Shouldn't he want that back, or want some recompense for it?

The action is so sparse in this one that I kinda wish I'd come in an hour late. And the down-time he has in Tennessee has some funny moments (and the fight was good), but I really don't want to see hero-kid bonding in my MArvel movies unless maybe Rick Jones is involved.

I kinda want to see it again just to be sure my low opinion of it isn't largely due to the fact that YOU CAN NEVER GO TO THE MOVIES ANYMORE WITHOUT JERKWADS TALKING, but I'm not going to spend money on it again.

The Deadpool:

Kataskopo:

By the time we get to the end, he doesn't HAVE a motivation.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is an AWESOME and funny movie. It's also a good flick to take a shot every time that somebody dies.
Looking forward to finaly seeing Iron Man 3 now.
I hear from friends it was good (one fell asleep 45 minutes in, to the entertainment of all, and his own shame) but if a movie is compared to a Jackie Chan AND a Lethal Weapon flick it can't be all bad.
captcha: Buffalo Wing

Just saw the movie and wow it is really inconsistent in mood. One moment there are people burning from the inside out and lots of terrorist war footage and then they stick some slapstick humor after it

Dont have a problem with it but it seemed the movie was trying to do different things but they couldn't agree so they did everything

Calibanbutcher:
I saw the movie two days ago, and I have to say:
Meh.
It was alright as far as I am concerned, but it didn't really impress me all that much. Robert Downey Jr. was good, Gwyneth Paltrow was alright, Guy Pearce was fun (though I liked him better in Lockout) and Ben Kingsley stole every scene he was in.
If superheroes are your thing this movie is for you.
If you just want a fun action-romp, this movie is a good choice.
If you want anything more than that, you would be better of with another movie.

Why?

That shouldn't have ever been spoiled in the first fucking place since you know some guy's going to go click it anyway and then be disappointed later. You know you're ruining it for somebody because you couldn't wait to talk about it here.

Calibanbutcher:

Calibanbutcher:

Sovereignty:
And then the damn shards. Why did it take 3 movies for him to remove them? I remember them being inoperable, but now magically it's fixable? Just lazy.

Calibanbutcher:

Calibanbutcher:

Korskarn:
To paraphrase Lex Luthor, "You think that's my goal? Do you realise how much power I'd GIVE UP if I did that?"

Speaking of The Question, I really, really think DC would benefit from a "Question" movie... or at least make him a part of the New 52...

I have more to say!

Also, I made a huge claim up top saying that Rebecca Hall is the greatest actress working today. Thought I'd share what I consider some proOh My God they deleted the Rebecca Hall music video for "A Case of You" from Youtube! You bastards!

Having just seen the film, I have to say I absolutely loved it. Particularly the twists which I know people will be upset by.

Maybe I missed it here. Is anyone else bothered by...

I actually really liked the villain's motivation, both as a "this is what Tony would have been without his wake-up call in the first movie" thing, and maybe because the Metal Gear games have made "controlling both sides of a war largely just to be a dick to this one guy who pissed me off, and also control the world I guess" seem like such a reasonable motivation for a bad guy.

And one of Tony's suits totally moves like Monsoon in Revengeance.

The thing that surprised me about this movie was that it brought to light the fact that I cared about a robotic arm (the one Tony always ostracizes for doing things wrong).

Grenge Di Origin:

Calibanbutcher:
I saw the movie two days ago, and I have to say:
Meh.
It was alright as far as I am concerned, but it didn't really impress me all that much. Robert Downey Jr. was good, Gwyneth Paltrow was alright, Guy Pearce was fun (though I liked him better in Lockout) and Ben Kingsley stole every scene he was in.
If superheroes are your thing this movie is for you.
If you just want a fun action-romp, this movie is a good choice.
If you want anything more than that, you would be better of with another movie.

Why?

That shouldn't have ever been spoiled in the first fucking place since you know some guy's going to go click it anyway and then be disappointed later. You know you're ruining it for somebody because you couldn't wait to talk about it here.

Calibanbutcher:

Grenge Di Origin:

Calibanbutcher:

Sovereignty:

Grenge Di Origin:

Calibanbutcher:

Grenge Di Origin:

Calibanbutcher:

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: