The Canadian Front

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The Canadian Front

There can be no victors in the war between man and hat.

Read Full Article

Grey Carter:
snip

Just a head's up Grey, the formatting of the strip is bugged up (for me at-least), the right side is covered by the "popular forum post" box and other boxes so it's unreadable :-/

JoJo:

Grey Carter:
snip

Just a head's up Grey, the formatting of the strip is bugged up (for me at-least), the right side is covered by the "popular forum post" box and other boxes so it's unreadable :-/

Same here.

JoJo:

Grey Carter:
snip

Yes I get that too on Firefox. However if you right-click the comic and select view image you can see it properly.

It's worth it :)

JoJo:

Grey Carter:
snip

Same for me, I had to open the image directly so see the punch line.

Did make me laugh though, even with all the extra work ;)

JoJo:

Grey Carter:
snip

Same here.

Here it is without the issue folks.

Right-click it and select "View image" to get a better view.

Slow morning. Is the joke that Canadians are nice even when shooting ppl in the head?

This is partly how WW3 rolls out in the Fallout franchise. Is the next strip about China invading Australia for oil?

We'll liberate our backwards neighbors from their crude traditions of brutal ice-sports and [B]purqa[/b]'s
Truly doing God's work! Spreading Freedom and Democracy.
and totally not there just to steal your beer

Captcha: Tough evolved
Evolution!?! JUNK SCIENCE!

Kay... I dont get it... Theres something funny here, I know, but Im not sure what it is...

WanderingFool:
Kay... I dont get it... Theres something funny here, I know, but Im not sure what it is...

That they think it would be that easy? :p

Hey everyone, checked the formatting on the Critical Miss comic, it's set to be full width - are people still having problems viewing it? Does the layout still seem glitched?

I recall learning if an event in history similar to this, I don't know the exact details I just remember hearing the words, British, White House and burnt to the ground.

WMDogma:
Hey everyone, checked the formatting on the Critical Miss comic, it's set to be full width - are people still having problems viewing it? Does the layout still seem glitched?

Worked OK for me, but I"m at work and therefore punished into using a really old version of IE.

WMDogma:

It's fixed now, for me anyway.

If you'd framed this as a new CoD game with a pun in the title, this strip could have been about video games.

Its a double shot about how Americans don't understand Canadians love of Tim Hortons (its apparently a big thing up there, here its just another dunk n donuts) and the stereotype of Canadian politeness in what would be weird situations to experience it in.

Defeated by politeness. Now all Americans are eating pancakes and syrup for breakfast, and American Gridiron is mocked for it's silly playstyle.

ticklefist:
Slow morning. Is the joke that Canadians are nice even when shooting ppl in the head?

No, it can't be, the strip wouldn't be all that fun... Oh.

*Insert clever joke about the strip being a (critical) miss, then move along*

WMDogma:

Yep that's better now, just did a refresh and all is fine :)

WMDogma:

Comes out fine to me now.

Also I don't really get the joke, the Canadians would be sorry to the world no matter what they do and is done to them? Is that it, because it's really relevant to the world, outside Canada and the US, despite that demographic being dominant here.

Err... Chrome just told me there's malware on the strip page. Don't know if it's anything for anyone to worry about, but just a heads up.

I really don't get this one. Is this an inside joke between Americans and Canadians?

Well it woulda been, coulda been worse than you had ever known.
Oh, the dashboard melted, but we still had the radio.

Canadian Mosque is absolutely hilarious.

Corey and Grey: I laughed all the wy through. Great commic, you guys keep surpassing yourselves. This is my favorite commic strip!

Vault Citizen:
I recall learning if an event in history similar to this, I don't know the exact details I just remember hearing the words, British, White House and burnt to the ground.

that's 1812 war in a nutshell

LordLundar:

WanderingFool:

That they think it would be that easy? :p

The stereotype is that Canadians are notoriously polite & friendly (so I hear)

The joke is that Canadians habitually say 'sorry' in all situations even when theres no need to apologize.

Tim Horton's sucks balls.
I know it's a national treasure, but they used to be SO much better.

Remember when every store baked their own products from scratch in house? THAT was something worth going to. Now all the doughnuts are shipped to each store from central warehouses pre-frozen. It made them way, way worse. Tim Horton's chocolate chip muffins used to be the boss sauce, now they're worse than just a pre-made muffin from a grocery store.

Also, their coffee is horrible. Let's just admit that.
I don't know how it used to be as I didn't drink coffee back then.

Good to see that good old Canadian invention still alive and well.

OfficialJab:
If you'd framed this as a new CoD game with a pun in the title, this strip could have been about video games.

You could argue that it is video games related. My immediate thought on the comic was that it looks very Homefront-esque, except of course that's it America invading instead of being invaded. I could be totally wrong on that point though.

The "Canadian mosque" line made me giggle a bit. I'm form England and even I've heard of Tim Horton's. Although that may be because I go on the internet a lot.

AC10:
Tim Horton's sucks balls.
I know it's a national treasure, but they used to be SO much better.

Remember when every store baked their own products in house? THAT was something worth going to. Now all the doughnuts are shipped to each store from central warehouses pre-frozen. It made them way, way worse. Tim Horton's chocolate chip muffins used to be the boss sauce, now they're worse than just a pre-made muffin from a grocery store.

Also, their coffee is horrible. Let's just admit that.
I don't know how it used to be as I didn't drink coffee back then.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Before the flash frozen donuts, the food was alright but since they expanded everywhere like a giant sneeze I try to avoid it unless there is nothing else (and even then I just go for the caffeine since I really can't call it coffee)

Although I did give a wry smile for the 'Canadian Mosque' part knowing that a good portion of my office walks across the highway daily to pray at one of these

Canadians have sniper rifles?!

I've always said; If you're going to kill someone, and you don't hate them, the least you can do is say sorry.

Murder is one thing, but there is no need to get rude too.

Well done on the comic. :)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or