Unskippable: Resident Evil 6

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Resident Evil 6

Graham and Paul do their best to make it through the daunting opening of Resident Evil 6.

Watch Video

Curse you, Escapist! The video player stopped working right as Graham was making his "Edge of the seat" joke! The comic timing is noted, but not appreciated!

OT: I don't understand where they were going. Couldn't they have taken a couple minutes to put on some band-aids and take a breather? It probably would have saved time in the long run.

Thunderous Cacophony:
Curse you, Escapist! The video player stopped working right as Graham was making his "Edge of the seat" joke! The comic timing is noted, but not appreciated!

OT: I don't understand where they were going. Couldn't they have taken a couple minutes to put on some band-aids and take a breather? It probably would have saved time in the long run.

This is one of those cutscenes in which the play is shown part of one of the last levels of the game before the and starts earlier in te story

Wow... that was uneventful...

What the hell was that helicopter even shooting at? The air?
And honestly everyone knows the proper cary etiquette for female companions is to fling them over your shoulder.

I wouldn't have cared about the cocoon if you guys hadn't made such a fuss oer it. Poor cocoon, you led a short life, but an educational one.

I wonder if the cocoon will have its own DLC, it seemed to have great potential in a Resident Evil game as some kind of giant zombie moth. They did sharks after all.

That cacophonous was evil.
Also it's a resident evil game which means that zombies probably were flying the helicopter.

You should do a GPLP of this. I'm sure you could make it entertaining.

There's enough material for 5 more unskippable episodes in this game. Come on, do it.

I normally never like unskippable, but this was pretty damn good.

I think partially that because where about the video stopped, i actually quit playing and wanted them to tear it apart a bit.

Graham and Paul should do an Unskippable ep on the original RE. Remember?

I know it's a little short but they could throw in the first few minutes of the game as well if they're playing the Jill scenario (you get priceless Barry quotes)... the dining room with I-hope-it's-not-Chris's-blood... the Kenneth corpse... going back to find Wesker... the lockpick scene... they could pull six or seven minutes doing this. I'd love to see that :)

Johnny Novgorod:
Graham and Paul should do an Unskippable ep on the original RE. Remember?

I know it's a little short but they could throw in the first few minutes of the game as well if they're playing the Jill scenario (you get priceless Barry quotes)... the dining room with I-hope-it's-not-Chris's-blood... the Kenneth corpse... going back to find Wesker... the lockpick scene... they could pull six or seven minutes doing this. I'd love to see that :)

Best thing ever. It's so silly you don't even need to make a parody of it.
However.

If they ever are going to do another let's play then I would nominated Resident Evil.

OT: I was also bothered by the fact that he didn't take the assault rifle. Seriously, zombies, people shooting at you and you ignore weapons that you could use?

There are some games that cannot get enough shit. RE6 is one of those games.

Next week, mock it again!

The opening for the game really does put on the edge of your seat... Made me smile when you sounded like Butt-head in parts of the video :)

So what DOES happen if you "fail" the QTEs?

Yes, that's the burning question in my mind.

Zachary Amaranth:

Nothing, most of the time the game just gives yo the same prompt again until you "beat" it.

This one was hilarious, but as always, I was immediately dazzled by Leon's close-up. Dat hair. Dat handsome face.

Loved the "it gets increasingly awkward" bit.

Dafuq did I just watch? Is it true? Is RE6 nothing BUT QTE's? You guys really gave it to this game hard, and we thank you for it!

captcha: pig's ear
sounds like a lot more fun than RE6

I'm not sure... Zombies flying a helicopter sound kind of easy to take out. They don't have the brain power to properly use the thing, presumably.

Am I the only one who thought their computer was acting up when the cutscene just stopped there at the end for a few seconds?

Other than that great video!!

Damn that was dull. The cutscene that is, not Graham and Paul; they were great.

Ha ha, game! You tried to avoid the wrath of the Unskippable by making your cutscene barely interactive, but the two wise and handsome men saw right through your gambit.

Captcha: oh, you. It knows what I'm talking about

I never played this game. Not out of contempt, I've just never played a RE game so I was uninterested. But OH, make no mistake I heard the stories. I heard the tales of terror and tragedy. I heard what horrors awaited in the cursed disk.

But NOTHING could have prepared me for... this unIMAGINABLE terror!

This... is one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen in my life.

The QTEs were so staggeringly unnecessary and stupid they gave me the constant urge to take a cheesgrater to my uvula. That specifically. I don't even know HOW I would take a cheesegreater to my uvula.

This cut-scene is so boring that it makes me want to just give up even thinking about it. Capcom gets worse every year.

Matthi205:

Zachary Amaranth:

Nothing, most of the time the game just gives yo the same prompt again until you "beat" it.

I was surprised there wasn't an acheivable for completing it.

As Chris Buechler, below the video, pointed out the walking hair-care-product-advertisement removed boards to push open a door. The boards were connected to the door frame, not the door. He was unable to PUSH open the door, yet he magically could after removing the boards that were NOT touching the actual door. How could none of the animators realize this?

It's like those old Scooby Doo scenes when they would board up the door with furniture only for the villain to simply pull the door open.

"Come with me stick, you will be my best friend now." ROFL.

Also captcha was "big nose". What is the Escapist trying to pull here?

I watch these very seldomly, every so often i give it another go and they are just bad. It's poor jarring humour. Stopped at 3mins as that wasn't worth having to watch the 30sec advert which sadly was funnier. Just go watch Literals they are much more considered and entertaining.

Wow, what a crappy start to a game. The beginning should represent what the game's about. Resident evil is about evil corporations and zombies. All we got were QTEs and a guy carrying a girl down a corridor.

Og my do they really put that many quictime events in such useless places now just to not allow you make some tea during those cutscenes?
This has to be one of the worst intros ever in gaming, and its Capcom, to no surprise.

Matthi205:
There's enough material for 5 more unskippable episodes in this game. Come on, do it.

You mean like when they did 5 episodes back when MGS 4 came out?

DVS BSTrD:
What the hell was that helicopter even shooting at? The air?
And honestly everyone knows the proper cary etiquette for female companions is to fling them over your shoulder.

If you mean a Fireman's Carry then yes, yes that Is what Leon should have done but instead and as per usual the RE universe is populated by morons as evidenced by the fact that a mini-gun equipped helicopter couldn't hit a 2 meter tall stationary target at near point blank range

My video cut out too...

Maybe the capture program comitted suicide?

Odd how it never did that for any of those goofy JRPG's....

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here