Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Annoying Insects

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Top 5 Annoying Insects

Lisa takes us through the most annoying insects videogames have to offer.

Watch Video

Cazadores are delightfully detestable creatures.

They're so frustrating to fight, but I can't help looking back at them fondly.

Plus, dodging them (or the Deathclaws) to find the shortest possible route to New Vegas is an interesting challenge.

No mention about bugs be it in windows or almost any game these past years? Well I guess that would be too easy.

But I have to agree with number one, stupid Cazadors, only reason why I'm always stocked with antivenom.

Cazadors.
I hate those things.
In Fallout New Vegas I thought all I had to be scared of were the deathclaws. x( I was wrong.
Yeah, eventually you can kill them, but they are still very annoying.

Great pick for number one Lisa! :)

Cazadors and the mutated Varkids killed me so many times!!

I curse whoever came up with the idea for them and I curse evolution for the fly.
I also curse EA for several unrelated reasons.

I guess Lisa isn't much of an old school strategy game player. :)

My #1 most hated bug is the Klackon from "Master Of Orion", I've lost more than a few games to them due their incredibly high production levels. They pretty much develop one gun that can penetrate your ship defenses and then product stacks of like 50,000 ships all armed with it and then swarm you.... Best hope you have a "Black Hole Projector". :)

As far as the Cazadores go, I found the easiest way to kill them was with Melee to be honest. You are going to take damage, but it makes them easier to hit than trying to nail them with bullets, and melee weapons usually wind up doing scads of damage. Also the right NPCs (Veronica, Boone) can make it much easier since I've found with that monster you can put retarded computer accuracy up against retarded computer dodging abillity, and NPCs generally don't have as much to worry about from venom. Properly armed and equipped either of those NPCs will decimate Cazadores, Boone has been known to occasually drop things like Cazadores and Deathclaws before I even knew they were there.

I need to get back to Borderlands at some point.

I remember the carefree days of my youth, fresh out of Vault 13, I thought radscorpions were bad news. Little did I know...

Those Cazadors are annoying as hell >.<
Why is it that most of humanity find certain life forms like insects(not all of them) disgusting, while other's like horses, cats and dogs are loved by the majority?

Here are some horrific bugs for you :D
www.cracked.com/article_15816_the-5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html
Particularly the last one! ^^

I just knew the dark souls mosquitos had to be on here. annoying little bastards with their small hit detection and near constant spawning on the ground floor of blighttown.

The cazadores too, I went exploring on a mountain in fallout:new vegas that was swarming with the things. I would take on the combined forces of the legion, mr house and the NCR rather a handful of cazadores.

I am laughing so hard I'm crying from "Enjoy the savings mother-fucker". Costco needs to trademark that shit.

Fucking cazadores! When the day came that I got my hands on a proper assault rifle, it was so satisfying when I was able to take out four of them without getting stung.

I never had an issue with Cazadores...

By the time I encountered them, it was really easy to deal with them (Explosions/Shotguns/Assault Rifles/Melee all work great. VATS helps with other weapons.) since you only really encounter them early if you try to go straight to Vegas really early which I never do...

Though those fucking Mosquitoes in Dark Souls... They're frustrating as hell... Swarming around flinging blood at you, infecting you with various things, not only that but they're such a pain to actually hit requiring Magic/Bow usage to reliably hit them (Even then, it's still pretty hard a lot of the time, unless you have the luxury of not having to deal with anything else)

Gah... They just infuriate me to no end... Makes me not want to play Dark Souls because of that one enemy (That's pretty early into the game...)

i WAS planning on replaying Fallout New Vegas.

Then you had to remind me of the cazadores. Yea fuck them and that game now.

I'd rather charge butt naked head first into a den of deathclaws than deal with two of these things.

Although what did usually work for me was the spray n pray tactic with a SMG and later on a sniper rifle and VATS from bout 10.000 miles away. Specially that last one made me feel kinda safe.

Holy shit... Lisa is the female Winnebago Man...

Well, I haven't played any of these games in Lisa's list yet, but I'd like to nominate the Manhacks from Half-Life 2. I know they're mechanical, so not strictly insects, but I think they count.

"And you will thank the Fallout Gods you are dead, because that's better than living in a world full of tarantula hawk wasps."

QOTY.

Cazadores, yuck! Give me a horde of deathclaws any day of the week but keep your stupid cazadores. Radscorpions are pretty annoying too but I don't think they count as insects.

THOSE GOD DAMN CAZADORES!

I'd say the list was pretty spot on this week, and with Arrested Development and Short Change Hero involved too, I think this is my favourite episode since the return. :D

Such a good song :D

UNHchabo:
Well, I haven't played any of these games in Lisa's list yet, but I'd like to nominate the Manhacks from Half-Life 2. I know they're mechanical, so not strictly insects, but I think they count.

I would think Ant-lions would fit the bill better. They weren't THAT annoying in HL2, but if we were to talk about the parking deck in Ep.1 or the cave "defense" in Ep.2...

Cazadores were prime target practise for sniping. I'm someone who loathes wasting a single shot in the Fallout games, so I either made the shots, or lost years if my life to unreasonable stress at the hands of a a dozen wasted 308. JSP rounds. It's helped me become a better FPS player.

Still blows when you're just minding your own business and bam, four come storming over the hill, like venomous door-to-door-preachers.

Longstreet:
I'd rather charge butt naked head first into a den of deathclaws than deal with two of these things.

Well, you can, of course: Just head to the Quarry north(-ish) of Goodsprings and your wish shall be granted.

But yeah, those Cazadorks are the worst. Even fighting the blind Deathclaws south-west of the Boomer's territory was a walk in the park compared to some spots filled with these jerks.

Jmp_man:

UNHchabo:

I would think Ant-lions would fit the bill better. They weren't THAT annoying in HL2, but if we were to talk about the parking deck in Ep.1 or the cave "defense" in Ep.2...

Screw normal antlions, what about the Grub King Ant-Lion from Episode 2? Fucking panic is what.

As for Cazadores, the worst place for them was in the mountain pass behind Red Rock Canyon. You don't like a half dozen Cazadores? Try fighting twenty of them in a narrow path while you try to steal their eggs.

No, no. Leaving out the Novistador from Resident Evil 4 was a huge oversight. I mean, they fly, have huge mantis claws, and can turn invisible! Seriously the worst insect of all time. Also, they drool acid.

You forgot to mention that the Mosquitoes are probably the only thing in Dark Souls that respawn while you are still alive. So freaking annoying.

The worst part of the Cazadores is where they are in the wastelands. Just started the game, didn't talk to Victor yet and head north? ENJOY CAZADORE DEATH. Played a decent amount of the game, go to hunt the Blind Deathclaws, stumble into the Cazadore hive. ENJOY CAZADORE DEATH. It's just so fucking irritating. I hate them so.

Was she wearing a Nuka-Cola shirt? Couldn't quite tell, her hair was in the way.

Clearly y'all haven't played Monster Hunter. :D
Lemme introduce to you the Vespoid, and their queen.

These motherfuckers have a stinger which can paralyse you. They show up EVERYWHERE, in packs of like half a dozen in some areas and will attack you along with the boss. Did I mention paralysis stops your combo dead and immobilizes you for upwards of five seconds?
Yeah, these little bastards are every Monster Hunter's worst nightmare.
At least they don't show up during some of the biggest fights (Akantor, Ukanlos, Fatalis etc.) but they are still the most annoying little shits ever.

I never contemplated how scary drones can be until one day I was in my room and thought I was hearing the neighbor using a lawn mower for quite some time, until the "lawn mower" came flying into my bedroom. I shamelessly shouted while jumping out of my bed and running towards my bedroom door with my head down and my hands protecting my neck, ready to shut the door if the drone came towards me. I think it just wanted to scare me, and seeing it was mission fucking accomplished, it went out by the same window. Freaking spawn of Satan that thing! I want a game to blast those things and turn them into black mist. >:[

hazydawn:

There is not a part of hell hellish enough for your linking of that article.

Putting insects, annoying and video game together brings up all the things in that forest area of The Witcher 2.
You wanna fight a few bugs? Mind if his friends drop in mid-battle?

I hated the mutant varkids. I accidentely mutated like two or three at once, and died so many times before I managed to kill them, even though I had help from those choppers. I always avoided the cazadores, since they're pretty OP and can easily kill you.

hazydawn:
Those Cazadors are annoying as hell >.<
Why is it that most of humanity find certain life forms like insects(not all of them) disgusting, while other's like horses, cats and dogs are loved by the majority?

Well thank you, now i know what countys to avoid, like the ones with giant acid spitting hornets, or maybe flys that lay larva in your skin and/or inside parts. Really helpfull. Im just going to move to antarctica or some other supper cold, bug free place.

Ot: Yup, pretty much agreed, let Cazadores rot in the hellish dimension they came from.

Can we just say "no more goddamn bugs in video games" please? Who wants to act as glorified pest control?

Hello My name is Reaper I'm a monster from Resident Evil 5 and I am the most annoying monster in the game! I don't have a range attack but I do have a melee attack that can and will kill you instantly and I release a gas that makes it hard to see me and just blindly firing at me won't help you. HAVE FUN MOTHA#$@#$%!!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here