Movie Trailers: Ender's Game - Trailer

Ender's Game - Trailer

Finally what millions have been waiting for, Orson Scott Card's epic series is making its way to the big screen. Be prepared for awesome.

Watch Video

I want to to see this so bad, but at the same time I don't wanna give OSC a penny, lest he donate it to the Westbro Baptists or something. Anyone got any ideas that aren't illegal?

Get someone else to pay for your viewing?

Very cool but:

Yay this awesome I love the book-and this look like it will be a faithful adaptation :D
Wait.........did.......did they spoil the ending in the trailer *REWATCH'S*

GODDAMMIT NINJA-someone picked up on it before me >_<

Gearhead mk2:
I want to to see this so bad, but at the same time I don't wanna give OSC a penny, lest he donate it to the Westbro Baptists or something. Anyone got any ideas that aren't illegal?

Rent the Movie when it comes out on dvd-Pay for one movie then sneak into this one,you're still paying the cinema so it shouldn't be that bad-or just believe that your money is going to everyone else and not him.

PrinceOfShapeir:
Get someone else to pay for your viewing?

My plan is to see the movie, then donate 3x-5x the ticket price to GLAAD or similar pro-equality charities.

Time to read that book!

its been quite a long time since i read that book i think it might be time to go back and revisit it.

Goofguy:
Very cool but:

I guess so but it leaves out what happens next and that is what really was the best bit for me.

Gearhead mk2:

i agree, i hate the fact i bought the book (i did not know at the time that he was so homophobic) but it is a really good book. someone has said they will go see it then donate money to a charity which is probably a good way of doing it. im still not sure beacsue it is very easy to just not to donate the money.

Goofguy:
Very cool but:

its more be kinglsy role im focused on, showing him as they do in the trailer could be a massive spoiler depending apon how the films plotting goes.

Could be good... If they're smart, they'll stop with that book, though.

Yes, I know there are many others. Stop there. Everyone will be happier.

So, the kid they got to do Ender is the same kid who played Hugo. Am I the only person who hated that movie? This is going to live or die on Mr. Butterfield's performance, and honestly I'm not that hopeful.

SO. MUCH. WANT.

good or bad at least itll be an intelligent scifi movie, with hopefully less plot holes than some....

The enemy gate is down!

wolf thing:

Gearhead mk2:

i agree, i hate the fact i bought the book (i did not know at the time that he was so homophobic) but it is a really good book. someone has said they will go see it then donate money to a charity which is probably a good way of doing it. im still not sure beacsue it is very easy to just not to donate the money.

Wow, this is actually the first time I've actually heard anything about him being such an asshole. I'm severely disappointed right now.

Gearhead mk2:

One idea I've seen floating about Twitter at the moment is you go see the movie at the cinema as per usual, but either before or afterwards give an equal or more amount to a LGBT organization of your choice. Yeah, it still means the guy is getting money, but you're still helping support the groups that he's "against" so to speak.

knight steel:
Yay this awesome I love the book-and this look like it will be a faithful adaptation :D
Wait.........did.......did they spoil the ending in the trailer *REWATCH'S*

GODDAMMIT NINJA-someone picked up on it before me >_<

Gearhead mk2:

Rent the Movie when it comes out on dvd-Pay for one movie then sneak into this one,you're still paying the cinema so it shouldn't be that bad-or just believe that your money is going to everyone else and not him.

Also BAD ESCAPIST! there is no reason for two threads on the subject when one will do, especially when its made by two employees!

I am ready to see this. I am ok with the initial changes, we knew they had to do some of them. What I learned most about this trailer... is how the heck has Harrison Ford not won an Academy Award. Geez someone get him one of those juicy roles in a movie no one sees!

Yeah... this totally should have been an anime before it became a movie of any kind. That way, all the internal dialogue and long winded comments on strategy could come out halfway decent, not to mention that it could have been done without child actors. Also, it could have been a long running series taking into account the other books.

Movie was an absurd route to take this. I vote ignore it and cheer for an animated version.

Velvo:
Yeah... this totally should have been an anime before it became a movie of any kind. That way, all the internal dialogue and long winded comments on strategy could come out halfway decent, not to mention that it could have been done without child actors. Also, it could have been a long running series taking into account the other books.

Movie was an absurd route to take this. I vote ignore it and cheer for an animated version.

And you know there is going to be the long winded comments on strategy and internal dialogue that was in the book how? I'm sorry even if there is no intended anime fanboyism in what you said it comes off that way. Also the book is centred around children and so instead of having live action child actors you would just have child voice actor instead so your getting children either way. Me personally I cant wait to see this movie as I really liked enders game the book.

SlightlyEvil:
So, the kid they got to do Ender is the same kid who played Hugo. Am I the only person who hated that movie?

No, you're not the only one. Although Hugo's problems were with the dull script and rather than the acting performances. Kingsley was the best thing about that film, as he probably will be here.

Been years since I read the books, are they going to do a saga for the movies like the books or is this just a one off? I remembered the other books were weird but interesting too, can't wait for a comment from movie BOB.

haruvister:

SlightlyEvil:
So, the kid they got to do Ender is the same kid who played Hugo. Am I the only person who hated that movie?

No, you're not the only one. Although Hugo's problems were with the dull script and rather than the acting performances. Kingsley was the best thing about that film, as he probably will be here.

Kingsley is the best thing about almost every film he's in.

One thing they didn't touch on in the trailer was the socio-economic stuff happening on Earth, like why Ender's existence in the first place is so uncommon. I'm curious to see whether they touch on that in the movie, or stay away from it for fear that people might think it racist against cultures where such measures are in place.

haruvister:

SlightlyEvil:

Kingsley will likely be the best thing in this movie, but it'll be roughly 2 hours till we get to him, unless they radically rewrite the story. Will it be worth waiting?

Anyone else notice this trailer has pretty much the same music as the XCOM: Enemy Unknown trailer?

I want this movie to be good, but when they announce who the psychiatrist was going to be played as for when Ender goes to school, all interest got 'iced'.

The trailer looks rather disappointing, to be honest. Judging by all the explosions and special effects the movie probably won't do the novel much justice.

Interesting! We have this book sitting around in the attic in one of its earliest releases internationally, never thought I'd see a movie of it.

I do hope they don't fuck it up, maybe success would give some hope of other old sci-fi making it to the screen. Although that also opens the door for a lot of crap I guess.

Just remember...

The enemy's gate is down.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or