Movie Trailers: Gravity - Teaser Trailer

Gravity - Teaser Trailer

Another nightmare makes it to the big screen.

Watch Video

Sandra Bullock always did have to be the center of attention.

Why is there what appears to be an American flag on the INTERNATIONAL (as in not just the US)space station

IoAuer:
Why is there what appears to be an American flag on the INTERNATIONAL (as in not just the US)space station

Isn't that a parachute?

I myself am curious as to why Bullock had a Russian flag on the sleeve of her suit in one scene, then a US flag in another. Maybe she swaps at some point? Overall the film looks like that scene from Final Fantasy 8 mixed with Open Water (I think that's the name). Possibly worth a look but could be kind of meh.

IoAuer:

What you are looking at is an emergency parachute.

They are orange and white to draw the eye of rescuers.

OT: Looks entertaining, I will look out for future trailers, but is definitely looking like a 'maybe netflix' candidate.

Always nice to see a bit of hard-looking sci-fi. Is this just going to be a 'survive vs the elements' kinda story, though? I've never watched one, always wondered how involved you can be when at any moment the director can wrap things up with deus ex machina, or things can just fail/explode/disappear without explanation, or just end with everyone screwed... I like there to be a plot arc I can follow, if you catch my drift.

Hmm...I got chills watching that, mostly because I find the thought of being in that situation crap-my-pants-tastic.

I'll keep an eye on this one. George Clooney's in it, so it can't be that bad should it take a turn for the worse.

Guess it was a parachute and not a flag, thx for pointing that out, please treat my last post as it were spoken in the silence of space.;-)

It looks like it might be pretty good, but I can't help but think the alternative title would be, "Try To Grab Shit And Miss: The Movie."

Sooo....they both die? There is no way anyone can survive that

Nnnnnnnnnope!

On the plus side: All the CGI and special affects look great, almost photorealistic, which always makes action scenes more engaging.
The realistic space disaster movie hasn't been done much, especially lately, so it's something fresh if nothing else.

On the minus side: If this trailer is indicative of anything most of the audio for the movie will be Sandra Bullock going "aaahh! aaaah! aaaah!" and I don't see how the kind of action shown can be dragged out more than a few (intense) minutes, meaning unless the movie's really short most of it will be boring pre space flight stuff.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here