Unskippable: Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Why do they wear those highly reflective and noticeable masks again?

Watch Video

I guess the army spent their sleeve budget on masks.

You'd think that at least one of the heavily armed mercenaries would be able to get off a shot.

The "five years earlier puberty voice" joke was inspired.

"He still has the same open cut on his face five years later." Well, he can't stop picking at it, you see....

"Not here for image"
Probably should have though of that when you were decorating your mask :P

Wait wait wait. At 1:56 does the driver respond "Hodor?" is Hodor driving the car? I'm genuinely not sure how I feel about that.

Now if they really had named this Army of Tiiio I would have totally bought it.

Indeed, why DO they wear those masks? It's hard for me to imagine a developer going "Hey, you know what would be cool? If we make our angry slabs of masochism wear decorative masks with colourful patterns!"

Seriously, who comes up with this stuff..

Anyway, Unskippable always brightens up my blue mondays, so thanks once again guys!

Why do they wear shiny masks? Interesting question. But also, why did the guys at the beginning have a TIIIO patch on their vest's?

Hmm, how about "Army of TIVo" instead of "4rmy Of Two" instead? This time the teams has to fight recording devices that have gone sentient and can manipulate the flow of time...

Dr.Awkward:
Hmm, how about "Army of TIVo" instead of "4rmy Of Two" instead? This time the teams has to fight recording devices that have gone sentient and can manipulate the flow of time...

Great, another tacked on gimmick. Hasn't the Army of Two series suffered enough?

"Another time I died"? You guys loose track of how many deaths you've been through?

Great video. Though you need to start making a note of how many times you've died now as its getting tricky.

Also Joe Flannigan is in this game? Neat. He needs to be in more things. He also needs to play Nathan Drake in an Uncharted movie. If Jason Mamoa can be in Game of Thrones then he can be in Uncharted.

Great video, guys. That "design-your-own-bulletproof-mask" idea should have been a game mechanic, and you rolled out the "N'th time I died" bit (How many was it now?) !
Was one of those guys wearing a polo shirt under his armored vest? Wouldn't that be uncomfortable?

So was it better or worse than Call of Juarez: The Cartel?

"While we're at it maybe we can solve the mystery of why they made a 3rd Army of Two game."
That's a mystery you'll have to call Scooby Doo for.

But we still haven't solved the mystery of why it even got a second game...

The next game will be Army of 2 4 where you tactically de-animate cases of beer. Or protect a shipment of beer, or uncover some evil plot involving beer, or rescue Bob and Doug in the most ridiculous throwback movie tie-in ever! That many frat-boys and fist bumps, there has to be beer key to the "plot"
Also, why masks and not helmets, just seems odd that mercs would pick welding masks for a uniform. In fallout it made sense..... yes thinking about this far too much.

Or maybe in Army of two-four, Bob and Doug have gone mercenary being paid in back-bacon..... they can wear masks, and toques!

NearLifeExperience:
Indeed, why DO they wear those masks? It's hard for me to imagine a developer going "Hey, you know what would be cool? If we make our angry slabs of masochism wear decorative masks with colourful patterns!"

Seriously, who comes up with this stuff..

I'm guessing it's the same guy they hired for that CoD: Ghost teaser.

"There are those who wear masks to make distinguishing between bland characters even more confusing!" Buaaahhhhh!!!

So, what's the deal with the masks, are they stuck in a time-loop where it's permanently Halloween or something? And if so, why didn't I get any damn pumpkin pie with this video?

As I understand it, and this is only from reviews mind you, I wouldn't touch these games with a 10' pole:
The masks are High tech bullshit gadgets that are packed with electronics to support these steroid freaks, now as to why they are all different I suppose is to differentiate who is who since it appears that shirts or even basic body armor is optional and as such there no place to stitch your name badge to in this PMC

What was with that bike? Who thought that was a sufficiently polished asset? It would have been greatly improved by having no wheels at all.

Was I the only one who felt the public official in the hum-drum-vee had kind of an 80s Alec Baldwin look to him?

Or that the entire opening scene was a blatant rip-off of the Colombian ambush scene in Clear and Present Danger?

Space Jawa:
"Another time I died"? You guys loose track of how many deaths you've been through?

Well, they had, like, three "ninth times" and then it just got all jumbled and apparently they have given up trying to count to 14.

Eric Morales:
Wait wait wait. At 1:56 does the driver respond "Hodor?" is Hodor driving the car? I'm genuinely not sure how I feel about that.

HODOR! HODOR, HODOR! HODOR!

BTW, anyone watching the show but not having read the books (or even if you did), it's worth checking out the audio version if only to hear Roy Dotrice's interpretation of Hodor. It is sublime.

Keith K:
What was with that bike? Who thought that was a sufficiently polished asset? It would have been greatly improved by having no wheels at all.

EA who laid off the entire team working on this game a entire month before it even was shipped http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/21/report-army-of-two-developer-suffers-layoffs.aspx

Just once I'd like to see a convoy in a videogame arrive to its destination without a dude with a rocket launcher blowing it up.

That fancy yellow mask made me pine for a gritty reboot of Majora's Mask.

TheSchaef:
Was I the only one who felt the public official in the hum-drum-vee had kind of an 80s Alec Baldwin look to him?

I thought he was Liev Schrieber, myself.

Anyway, this game looks monumentally stupid.

TheSchaef:

Not at all. He's definitely quite Baldwin-esque.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here