Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Blue Chicks

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Top 5 Blue Chicks

Everything's smurfy as Lisa goes through her blue period.

Watch Video

Ok, I did not realize we had so many blue chicks. Color me surprised by this list :p

What a top award for Cortana. A pity she did not live to see it. We shall decorate her tiny flash-drive tombstone with it.

Anyone else remember when she did Best-Wisecracking-Sidekicks? Where she put the blue shirt on and learned the way of blending in with blue screens?

OT: I can't wait to see how many times she missed in the bloopers :)

Candidus:
What a top award for Cortana. A pity she did not live to see it. We shall decorate her tiny flash-drive tombstone with it.

That's how I want to be memorialized. [Cries to self at memories of all the great characters who've died in sci-fi games]

I think I just blue myself!

You gotta have blue hair, so why not have blue skin?

For some reason I read the title as blue hair chick (don't asked me where the hair come from).

I didn't realise that Kortana is consider to be blue, I thought she was purple/ violet given to her first apperance in the first Halo but I do agree that she is blue in the newest games.

Surprised Krystal (Star Fox) wasn't on there, but that's just by reputation. I haven't played a star fox game since Star Fox 64.

Uh, Lis? "Going through your blue period"? That...could be taken the wrong way. Might wanna rephrase.

Anyways...definitely agree with the list. ESPECIALLY your top choice.

"Everything's smurfy as Lisa goes through her blue period."

The first time I read that I got the wrong image in my head. :(

Anyway... the banana to the face was awesome.

GOD DAMMIT! I need to get a desk top to play KOTOR. Stupid economy!

Renegade-pizza:

Candidus:

That's how I want to be memorialized. [Cries to self at memories of all the great characters who've died in sci-fi games]

I see you're feeling rather... blue

RiffRaff:
*snip*

GamemasterAnthony:
*Snip*

It is rather upbeat for a "period" piece :P

The blue Lisa on the blue screen bit, kind of freaks me out. <_<

That said, good picks and a good show today. :)
Also, it is kind of wired that in comparison to our life span Liara is about a little over 10 years old.<_<

Yes, it's not the same for Asari as it is for us, but still.

I don't usually disagree with you, or at least when I do disagree with you I realize it doesn't matter, but Liara is a terrible character. She was fine in the first game. but loses every vestige of personality in between two and three.

She goes from all awkward and quirky in the first game, then does a complete 180 into angry emotionless bad-ass, then in 3 she's just sort of there, she doesn't talk to you, she doesn't talk about herself, and outside of her first scene on the Normandy she doesn't acknowledge your romance with her.

Just to balance this out. Gotta say, Cortana, excellent choice for number 1

We need a list of dudes I think, they're all so generic looking, I CAN'T TELL THEM APART!

Lisa's talented, charming... why does she feel like she needs to work blue?

RiffRaff:
"Everything's smurfy as Lisa goes through her blue period."

The first time I read that I got the wrong image in my head. :(

See? I wasn't the only one who could read that the wrong way.

CAPTCHA: double-cross

Well...double entendre, actually.

Yo listen up, here's the story
About a gamer girl who lived in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything she sees is just blue
Like her, inside and oustisde
Blue her house with the big-old bluescreen
And with blue facepaint
And everthing is blue for her
And herself, and everybody around
'cause she ain't got nobody, so listen...

Cortana? Really? She's just a bland version of Bettina from Anachronox.

Damn, now I have to reinstall and play that game.

I thought Cortana got less interesting as the halo series went on, mostly because it stopped from being a partnership of conveyance and started going all mystical and shit. Plus I liked it better when it was like "Crap, the covenant are here, what do we do? Well the MC is already in the pod, grab his ass and lets go."

Someone forgot to add Krystal from the Starfox series on this list. So I guess this is incomplete.

GamemasterAnthony:
Uh, Lis? "Going through your blue period"? That...could be taken the wrong way. Might wanna rephrase.

I immediately interpreted as a Pablo Picasso reference. I assumed that was how it was meant. But the "blue movie" spin is as good as any.

1:04... what game is that?

Also... her idea of "blue" is skewed... some of those are clearly purple.

uneek:
Yo listen up, here's the story
About a gamer girl who lived in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything she sees is just blue
Like her, inside and oustisde
Blue her house with the big-old bluescreen
And with blue facepaint
And everthing is blue for her
And herself, and everybody around
'cause she ain't got nobody, so listen...

Sang right along.
Also, my 2 favorite blue characters in Video games are the same as yours, Lisa. This is an awesome list.

I would have put Krystal on the list, as one of the original blue chicks of games.

My top 5 blue ladies are:

1. Liara

2. Mission Vao

3. Cortana

4. Draenei (World of Warcraft)

First off: I hate that Blue song with a FIERY PASSION. It needs to DIE.

Anyway, I've never really liked Mission. I once used her on the Leviathan for variety's sake, but pretty much every time I play KotOR, I abandon her in the crew quarters once I'm done with Taris. And when she pipes up after the big spoiler, part of me always reacts with "Why are you still here?"

Liara I like well enough. Hell, she's the type of person I actually would fall in love with in real life. Thing is, I think her voice actress is terrible. Also, of course she'd think I'm damn sexy. *dramatically sweeps hair back* My character was based on me... *runs out of air and has to stop sucking gut in*

Off-topic: Silk and the non lactose-intolerant section of its consumer base can kiss my ass.

Can Cortona even count? I mean she isn't restricted to blue, it's like a setting and she could just shift hue to red, green, or any skin tone at all...

So why should she get to be the top blue chick?

Draconalis:
1:04... what game is that?

Also... her idea of "blue" is skewed... some of those are clearly purple.

depends on your screen settings, video settings, desktop settings and eyes

but yes i think early cort was definitely purple.

Am I the only one who is rather upset at how overtly sexualized they made Cortana in Halo 4?

Ooo, what game was your husband playing? Was that Tropico?

Why can I NOT remember what game Lisa's shirt is representing? Someone help me out, please?

that was... oddly spesific...
wierd

The best part about Mission Vao is what you get to do if you go full-on Dark Side when you reach the big end-game revelation scene with your squad. I was heartbroken and yet at the same time my evil side was gleefully clicking that dialogue option without hesitation.

I'm guessing Lisa played on those games recently and found inspiration from that? Because this is a pretty damn random Top 5. Good nonetheless, just random.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here