Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Blue Chicks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Cortana isn't better than Liara. Still, I liked this list and laughed at the first line about Liara. Mission Vao is cool too.

How could anyone NOT be attracted to Commander Shepard!? щ(゚Д゚щ)

A respectable first place. Cortana became increasingly sexualised as the Halo series progressed but no less intricate as a character. She has been a social and intellectual counter-balance to Master Chief's stoic silence (even when he does speak it is only one line at a time). She and the Master Chief have a co-dependency that is interesting to play out and adds colour to a game mostly favoured for its gameplay.

I lost interest in Liara after ME1. She was intriguing in the first game, representing something unusual (indeed, literally alien) and complicated, but as the series went on I thought she got a dud deal in terms of development.

Mission Vao had one of my favourite character arcs from KOTOR and would have earned my first place.

I hear that in India, blue is an attractive color for women. Like, for deities and shit. I don't know where I was going with this but that's now on the table.

Talana from Star Control 2. The original blue alien hottie. Srsly... Play the game people. Mass Effect borrows so much from it. If only it had come out on a more common system than the 3DO. :(

Why yes Lisa, I am dreamy.

YUCK, the only people i'm racist toward are the blue ones.

Did Lisa just call me an idiot? Do it again!

Aww no love for Delphi from GCK.

What, no Krystal?

Great Top List!

I just got home from watching Iron Man 3, then I watched this video. That song is going to be stuck with me again for a while now.

Huh... so can we take this to mean Lisa plays Mass Effect as a male Shep? Interesting...

First episode Top 5 I've watched. Very pleased. Laughed out loud at that banana scene.

I think Cortana as the number 1 spot is interesting and cool choice, for me she was the real hook of the Halo series. Though I've always hated how much they overplayed her in Halo 3.

Liked the Shiva mention most of all, she's never been an actual character but she's always been greatly displayed.

Worgen:
I thought Cortana got less interesting as the halo series went on, mostly because it stopped from being a partnership of conveyance and started going all mystical and shit. Plus I liked it better when it was like "Crap, the covenant are here, what do we do? Well the MC is already in the pod, grab his ass and lets go."

Agreed. Overall she's an interesting character, but I know exactly what you're saying. It became less about her personality and more about humanity.

templar1138a:

Anyway, I've never really liked Mission. I once used her on the Leviathan for variety's sake, but pretty much every time I play KotOR, I abandon her in the crew quarters once I'm done with Taris. And when she pipes up after the big spoiler, part of me always reacts with "Why are you still here?"

Well I think one of KOTOR's strengths was that for the characters you didn't use, you still remembered them as characters. Even if it was only their introductory sequence.

But I agree, KOTOR did not do well at all in including all party members in the main plot. They were just kind of....there

MorganL4:
Am I the only one who is rather upset at how overtly sexualized they made Cortana in Halo 4?

I don't know, she was always pretty sexual to me. They just detailed her more....Which I guess did emphasize her sexuality more as a result. Unless you're referring to something story related.

Lovely Mixture:

MorganL4:
Am I the only one who is rather upset at how overtly sexualized they made Cortana in Halo 4?

I don't know, she was always pretty sexual to me. They just detailed her more....Which I guess did emphasize her sexuality more as a result. Unless you're referring to something story related.

Didn't they add bouncing breasts to her in halo 4?

Worgen:

Lovely Mixture:

MorganL4:

Didn't they add bouncing breasts to her in halo 4?

Not as far as I can tell. Her body is more animated though, so it might give off that impression.
In some cutscenes of Halo 3, there's a slight movement of her breasts in cutscenes (if you're paying close attention). But I can't find anything comparable to Resident Evil's, DOA/Ninja's Gaiden, Metal Gear Solid's (3,4), or Senran Kagura's levels.

If I'm wrong though, don't hesitate to call me out.

Great... between Iron Man 3 and this episode I now have to go listen to Eiffel 65's Blue just make it stop playing in my head again.

Also, I now have to throw bananas at everyone I know.

the best part about Mission is you can feed her to her Wookie

For me it's Mystique, & not the shitty looking one from the movies. Now what about the green women?

That blue screen bit at the end will haunt my nightmares forever.

Also, just played Soraka in an ARAM match last night. Q spam is surprisingly effective on that map XD

No Viconia De'Vir? Yes, I know Drow are not blue, but her in-game pictures are...

And

What she really should have been is this: image

Those are from the Baldur's Gate Ganes, the first two.

Wait, I thought Soraka lost her immortality because she turned Warrick into a werewolf out of anger?

I'm glad Liara made it on the list, she was the only character I had in mind for being awesome and blue enough to be on this list lol.

yeaaaa, I love soraka

This is the first LF Top 5 I've watched in a while. I barely remember how it was back in the day (I seem to recall I didn't like it much), but that's in the past. This has got to be a weekly viewing now.

MorganL4:

No, though I'm mostly just confused as to why she looks completely different in every Halo game.

starts playing new Halo game
"Who the fuck is that?"

What the fuck did I just watch....

I... don't even have words for this...

I regret spending 4 minutes on this

2/10 would not watch again

And can't believe this hasn't been mentioned but...

where the fuck is Princess Ruto!?

In all fairness though, this is "Top 5 Blue Chicks", not "Hottest 5 Blue Chicks". As a character Ruto is pretty generic (as is Krystal for all you horrible furries asking where she is).

Rogjah:
I just got home from watching Iron Man 3, then I watched this video. That song is going to be stuck with me again for a while now.

Same here. Brings back memories of junior high.

Wish harley had her old (better) look but otherwise, looks cool :)

the blue woman/goat/unicorn really reminds me of the Draenei... i totally spelt that wrong, woman in Wow

they are mostly blue, they have goat like legs and have horns.

GamemasterAnthony:

RiffRaff:
"Everything's smurfy as Lisa goes through her blue period."

The first time I read that I got the wrong image in my head. :(

See? I wasn't the only one who could read that the wrong way.

CAPTCHA: double-cross

Well...double entendre, actually.

I don't know what you were thinking of but for me it brought to mind those feminine product commercials where they pour blue liquid on the pad to show it how absorbent it is.

Siege_TF:
Surprised Krystal (Star Fox) wasn't on there, but that's just by reputation. I haven't played a star fox game since Star Fox 64.

Or Ruto from LoZ Ocarina of Time, thought for sure she'd be in there somewhere.

good choices, though I can't even think of many other blue chicks from videogames, at least none that I've played. Sure there's Crystal from Star Fox but I can't really think of anything special she's done to warrant a place on this list. I liked Vela from the N-64 game Jet Force Gemini, but she only had blue HAIR, and Kasumi from Dead or Alive or Chun-Li from Street Fighter only wear blue CLOTHES, the same goes for Samus (in her Zero Suit.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here