Feed Dump: Insects for Dinner

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Insects for Dinner

This week's Feed Dump shines a light on the UN's plan to do eradicate all insect life.

Watch Video

Thanks for those speeches from Graham Obama... ;)

Not a bad Obama impression.

It's great to see Alex again on Feed Dump, can we have him back as a regular please?

Graham is the blackest Canadian I've ever heard :P
Next week: Python hat?

If Paul doesn't want to fight his food, he should be glad he doesn't live in Australia.

Dammit, I want to watch this, but the background music is very distracting. I was hoping that would be a one-time thing for episode 100. Could you please go back to sans-BGM?

templar1138a:
Dammit, I want to watch this, but the background music is very distracting. I was hoping that would be a one-time thing for episode 100. Could you please go back to sans-BGM?

I was not even aware there was music until you pointed it out. But now I can't stop hearing it. Thanks a lot.

Agreed- the very faint SID-style background music is a distraction from the comedy. Which, as always, was very well done.

Python for next week's show. Do it, Graham!

"...There may be better sources for news, but they don't have this hat. Because it's a snake. Snake-hat."

Just putting it out there that I find the background music extraneous and a little annoying. Thought that might be good info.

Step right up, and gather round!
It's Graham's Pet Depot that you've found!
With pups and kits and fishies, true,
but others that could fill your zoo.
Here's a python, long and strong.
It's lacking ears, so sing a song
as loud as you please, cause it won't care,
just so long as you ensnare
some food for it to happily digest
just once a week, it's not a pest.
That is, unless you let it out.
It's not indigenous hereabout
and could make itself annoying,
if it sets about destroying
the local critters that you like,
just like with the Florida spike,
but keep it happy in your home
with hot pad, heat lamp, space to roam
and I think you'll like it, too.
So, take a python home with you?
Or, if it's the size that makes you nervous,
a local snake. We aim to service.

Sorry, just came from the Rhymedown video and the sales pitch set me off.

It all seriousness, bugs are a more richer source of nutrition per gram than farm animals. The ones I've eaten where also crunchy and preapred to be spicy, so they can delicious as well. Also, most of the poor people of the world already eat insects, worms and other "exotic" animals as part of their regular diet. The problem lies with producing the amount of beef industrialized countries requiere to satiate their hunger. They are the ones who need to change their food source.

All I could think, watching this episode, was Timon and Pumba: "Bugs, Slimy but satisfying"..

And the LRR crew continues to brighten my week. Seriously guys, thanks for all the work you guys produce. It really does bring a smile to my day.

Also, Grahambama 2016! OOOH YEAH!

Because he was all sorts of up today.

Graham was all over it today. I assume there is either cocaine to blame or good circumstances. Only two options.

Did anyone else read the title as "Incest for Dinner"? Creeped me out. Then I read it right. Still creeped me out.

Loved the ep as always, but one minor complaint: the music all throughout the video. I understood doing it for Feed Dump 100, but it makes my mind little confused, because I try to hear the words, but then upbeats in the music catch my attention and I have to rewind to catch what was said that I missed. Please omit this in the future, or add/post a music-free alternative.

So, the takeaway from this episode is that the LRR Moonbase needs a python? Somebody hook them up, quickly!

Interesting that so many people are annoyed by the music. To be honest, I didn't even hear it.

EDIT: So I went back and actively listened for the music, still didn't hear it. Had to crank the volume up to a level I normally reserve for Halestorm songs, and finally heard it in the background. Seems fine to me.

Stark Saunders 2016!
Seriously though that was a pretty damn good Obama Graham. Also Paul if you wanted to fight your food you would be a Klingon I think.

I'm disappointed that the Labour party member wasn't giving birth.

Lovely episode, I especially enjoyed how someone FINALLY agrees to go on a journey with Graham.
He had to ask for a long, long time.

Just one minor quibble:

Please dear God make the music stop.
Please.
God.
Please.
Dear God please.
Please.
PLEASE.
God.

Alex: "K" LOL!

Jakale:
Step right up, and gather round!
It's Graham's Pet Depot that you've found!
With pups and kits and fishies, true,
but others that could fill your zoo.
Here's a python, long and strong.
It's lacking ears, so sing a song
as loud as you please, cause it won't care,
just so long as you ensnare
some food for it to happily digest
just once a week, it's not a pest.
That is, unless you let it out.
It's not indigenous hereabout
and could make itself annoying,
if it sets about destroying
the local critters that you like,
just like with the Florida spike,
but keep it happy in your home
with hot pad, heat lamp, space to roam
and I think you'll like it, too.
So, take a python home with you?
Or, if it's the size that makes you nervous,
a local snake. We aim to service.

Sorry, just came from the Rhymedown video and the sales pitch set me off.

You wouldn't happen to be related to one Theodore Suess Giesel who used to call himself a doctor, would you? Your rhyming is impeccable, my dear sir.

Now I shall just wait here while the inevitable Andrew Zimmern/Bizarre Foods reference gets spoken by someone.

CAPTCHA: yellow-belly

o.O ...or perhaps look for some plain-belly Sneeches since I got THAT Captcha after mentioning Dr. Seuss.

Heh, I totally didn't notice there was any background music either, until I read this thread. Now it's distracting when I replay the video. I blame Obama.

First time I've seen an Obama impression. I like it.

I agree with everyone else, the background music is maddening.

Actually if bugs would be used to make some sort of processed food
it would still be kinda gross
But in that case I would at least be tempted to try it out
instead of vomiting

Frozengale:
Did anyone else read the title as "Incest for Dinner"? Creeped me out. Then I read it right. Still creeped me out.

Glad I'm not the only one with a perverse form of dyslexia.

I have a snake!

It's not a python though... it's a boa.

He loves me!

And here he is loving a Japanese pop singer.

Personally I'd be after a drone that delivers non-alcoholic beverages, I could really go for a lemon, lime and bitters right now...

Yeah, criminals getting themselves caught by using social media isn't exactly new, they just don't seem to learn there.

"I don't want to have to fight my food."

As much as I would like to, I will resist linking to the octopus eating scene from Oldboy or the behind the scenes footage where the actor throws up due to the suckers tickling his throat.

You eat insects without realising it any way, what do you think red dye is made from?

Two points,

One, already mentioned, BGM was distracting - I thought I had some other tab open that was playing music

Two, did you guys run out of things that rhyme with news, and if so, are you going to stop?
Because I'm okay with that.

Way too miss out on "there must always be a Stark in Winterpeg" Graham.

Also God help us he's god the Obama cadence nailed!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here