Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

RatherDull:
Snack on Kyle Reese's Pieces.

Your word play never ceases to amaze me.

How about "I'm Kyle Reese's Peices, snack on me if you want to live!"?

That whole bit with the PS4 being hidden behind the Nancy Drew games and rotating knives had me laughing way to hard.

hazydawn:
I want to become a member of the Paint Drying Appreciation Society, where do I sign up?

Look for the sign. It's hard to read, because they keep re-painting it.

Yahtzee I have no idea if you're even reading this, but if you are, please let Bungle the Tapir re-appear in future episodes. I think you've got a winning character on your hands. He can sit at the dinner table right next to Uncle Tusky.

Something tells me the lead developer, Dean Evans, is watching this...don't give him TOO many ideas Yahtzee...could get really cray cray.

I want this, but I hope they slap it onto a retail rerelease of Far Cry 3 in the next couple of months because I am obsessively cheap and like deluxe physical products.

I know that having different intro music probably raised all kinds of copyright issues for Escapist, but could you possibly change the Ian Dorsch's... I don't know... it's definitely not music, more like incoherent racket piercing your ears.

The guy should have his nuts barbecued while he is still attached to them for creating this abomination. Or at least tone it down a bit, so I won't have to scramble after my sound controller every time it plays.

It's been going on for 5 years now, please, for the love of god make it stop.

RatherDull:
Snack on Kyle Reese's Pieces.

Your word play never ceases to amaze me.

You ninja, I wanted to talk about Kyle Reese's pieces.

OT: Having seen the game on the PSN, I was quite apprehensive about it, it looked like it was a really poor affectionate parody that lots of games and movies try to attempt but never quite pull off, but Yahtzee liking it almost makes me want to download the demo (if there is one) and see if the game is worth it.

Totally radical Saturday morning cartoon game. I really need to see Space mechadinosaur discotek nuclear fun pals. The circle will be complete.

I'm surprised Yahtzee didn't have anymore to say about the music. It's by far one of the games best aspects. I'm listening the hell out of the soundtrack, playing Blood Dragon, other games, driving, work. The soundtrack gets me so pumped.

Only complaint I had was the ending riding a mechanized dinosaur was awesome but I guess the alternative was another QTE knife fight like FC3. It was like riding a roller coaster and you ride 20 stories up, just to arrive at the exit. Still one hell of a ride. Hope they make a stand alone game like they were talking about.

yeah, kind of a missed opportunity to not have a dragon vs dragon battle

i mean come on it's in the title

let's see some deathmatch action

bonus points for TERRIBLE DIALOGUE during the fight

Complaint about this episode of Zero Punctuation: Similes weren't tortured enough.

Magog1:
it's 20 dollars?
well hell that's hard to argue with lol

Actually, it's only 15 bucks. Pretty sweet deal for 5-7 hours of gameplay of an awesome game.

Nancy Drew reference! Woo!

Resorting to Danger is my favorite Nancy Drew Hidden Object game!

I'll remember to put this on my "Games to get when I have money to spare" list :)

This was unexpected, but still quite nice. It would seem that what is old can sometimes be new again.

I am wondering if this game was to cleanse his palette before he plays (hopefully) Dead Island: Riptide.

So sick of people complaining about games being too serious. For crying out loud, decide, do you want gaming to evolve or stay in the Mario and CoD stupor.

Shoggoth2588:
Kept hearing about this one but there wasn't a physical release ...

Actually there was (in australia anyway). $19 at JB hi-fi gets you a disk with the game and a physical poster and a disk of the game soundtrack (Seeing the Compact Disk logo plastered in large print on a disk takes me back...). http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/pc-games/far-cry-3-blood-dragon/682350

So it's good then huh? Glad to hear it, though. Would of appreciated the jet packs too plus if they included more animals like maybe a lightning tiger or something.

Mick P.:
I tried the demo because it looked promising and I wanted to know what the kids are playing nowadays. But it was still an awful awful game. Presumably because Farcry3 is an awful awful game. Mechanics wise. So if you don't like the game you won't like the more modestly priced lipsticked mod either.

I know its late. But I wished Yahtzee would've said as much.

You sir, are insane.

I watched one let's play of Blood Dragon where the game made all the jokes the commentators were going to make and the dudes loved it.

Some of the soundtrack for the game is provided by the "Dragon Sound" band from the movie Miami Connection, which I only know as I found the link to the game trailer from footage of their reunion show on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWFvr7mVVBM), now that's viral marketing.

There are still people making games for 80s consoles and computers but they are a bit hard to find unless you are into it.

I've never microwaved a game!
Toasters are much more fun.

"Apparently Biehn is just pronounced Bean because some people are determined to make things complicated for everyone else"

Hey, screw you, British Spelling! You brought this on yourself, with your extra "u"s and your "aluminium". Here in Murica, we dispense with all that nonsense and just spell everything fonetikly.

/waits for the champions of unironic responses to inform him that Biehn is a Germanic name and not a British one.

Was looking forward to this one and I'm glad you had fun with it Yahtzee along with everyone else who played it.

Now perhaps Metro Last Light next week, please?

Kinda surprised they went with the Terminator spoof over the Jurassic Park spoof, actually. You figure remaking, I dunno, Trespasser would make more sense.

Still sounds fun though :)

Pardon me, Escapist, but why is your video acting like it's from Youtube with sound malfunctions?

still havent played it. i think i really have to give it a try. how long is the game to play?

The game was missing the women of the 80s. Big shoulder-pads, the short haircuts, huge hoop earrings, massive sunglasses and neon tights. Could have been a boss.

Great video this weak. Yahtzee's videos seemed to be lacking his tortued similies, and poignant metaphors.

Also, I completely agree with the massive failing of "comedy" these days relying on pop culture references rather than things that are inherently funny on their own. Airplane (or Flying High if not living an anal-retentive country that promotes free speech but doesn't like it) is a perfect example. Except for a few gags about 90% of the humour doesn't rely on you having seen another film before.

What do we have today's films? Scary movie cookie-cutter parody that relies entirely on having seen every other film in the last 3 years, or "original" comedy like The Hangover based on homophobia, gross out, and generally idiocy. Lucky us.

And apparently, it sold 4 times the amount they thought it would sell (in total) in just the first week. They said that they may just work on a sequel.

Timmaaaah:

Mick P.:
I tried the demo because it looked promising and I wanted to know what the kids are playing nowadays. But it was still an awful awful game. Presumably because Farcry3 is an awful awful game. Mechanics wise. So if you don't like the game you won't like the more modestly priced lipsticked mod either.

You sir, are insane.

No you just have low standards. It was a good idea, but still a bad game.

Mick P.:
No you just have low standards. It was a good idea, but still a bad game in my humble opinion.

I added the bolded part there, you know, just to be clear.

Mick P.:

Timmaaaah:

Mick P.:

You sir, are insane.

No you just have low standards. It was a good idea, but still a bad game.

I thought the mechanics were pretty solid. What were your problems with them?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here