Miracle of Sound: My Iron Skin (Iron Man)

Pages PREV 1 2

If there was one thing that I would change it would be bumping up the vocals a little. They seem to be drowned out by the guitar. But otherwise excellent.

Fuckin' brilliant! Love the way it's reminiscent of the kind of 60's-80's metal that the Iron Man movies paid regular tribute to. Sounds almost like it could've been mad by Black Sabbath themselves. Also, reminded me of Metallica a bit.

Well done as usual, Gav.

It's a nice coincidence that this came out on same date that Ronnie James Dio died. RIP
Great song Gav, this new schedule really does wonders for you :)

i'm so glad you stuck with the classic rock vibe that you suggested a while ago, and everybody (me included) seemed to cry out for. solid choice, and a solid song. i've always loved your more upbeat tracks and this is no exception.

I really enjoy the opening rift, it sounds really rough to me and immediately got my heart pumping and ready to go. DO you have physical copies of any of your Level albums? I really wanna buy those

Sounded so good I wouldn't of been suprised if it had been the credits song from the actual film. Was the lock up your daughters a referencee to TnT was was it just a general rock and roll line?

Hell yeah, Gavin! I don't know what else to say here about today's song that wasn't said already, but this kicks ass! It sounded like a few songs from the movies' soundtrack, but you made it your own. Can't wait to hear your next one!

Lyrics seem to be missing something (wish I could be more helpfully specific, it just seemed off to me somehow), but I absolutely love the music. Great classic rock sound, and perfect for Tony's personal soundtrack.

The main guitar riff kinda reminds me of Deep Purple in a way with some Black Sabbath put in for good measure.

I really enjoyed this and I like the little solo you had there towards the end. :D

Music to my ears! Being a Sabbath and AC/DC fan this one appeals to me a great deal! Already bought and added to my MoS collection :D

Keep em coming Gav.

thats my JAM! awesome as always gav. keep it up!

There's very few things in life better than good ol' rock n roll

Love it!

wolf thing:
I thought this one was kind of dull, there was nothing that seemed to jump out, it was just boring. i get the whole AC/DC and black sabbath connection, and i like those bands, but this was just uninteresting. not bad but it just didnt grab me in any way.

I list to it again latter maybe i have missed something

Don't worry, felt the same way. Didn't hate it, but more or less lost interest right from the start and this became more of Iron Man clip compilation and little more.

A very nice change of style after dream of the sky and half man's song. Nice to have something to mix it up :-)

btw. very nice video from Justin, especially the badass ending was a nice touch :-)

Way too generic for my liking.

You know how Pixar got lambasted because Brave was just OK? Yeah I think that's what's going on here.

This song is good, it's just not Amazing like we've become accustom to from MoS. It's not a bad theme song for the movies, but it also doesn't explore any of the intricacies of the character. It's a very superficial song. That's not necessarily a bad thing. We've just gotten used to Gav being able to condense the full range of emotions of a game/movie into a single song. He just didn't go for that this time.

At a basic level, though, Good song. I liked it.

This gets a solid "meh" from me. The song just seemed to stall in mid-flight at times, possibly so people could look at clips from all the movies Ironman has been in. I suppose it's appropriate to have all the "woo-hoo-hoo" in there as well - because, hey, dancing girl eye-candy in the second movie. Yet, I felt it watered down the otherwise quite heavy guitar, which I thought was spot on.

AJey:
Way too generic for my liking.

Well, yes. The whole point was to sound like the 'generic' rock bands from the soundtracks.

Krantos:

This song is good, it's just not Amazing like we've become accustom to from MoS. It's not a bad theme song for the movies, but it also doesn't explore any of the intricacies of the character. It's a very superficial song. That's not necessarily a bad thing. We've just gotten used to Gav being able to condense the full range of emotions of a game/movie into a single song. He just didn't go for that this time.

I actually did, but apparently the metaphor was not communicated well enough in the lyrics as many people seem to be missing it. The song is not about the suit, it's about Tony's inability to deal with his anxiety and emotional scars and his denial at not being the cool, together guy all the time.

MiracleOfSound:
I actually did, but apparently the metaphor was not communicated well enough in the lyrics as many people seem to be missing it. The song is not about the suit, it's about Tony's inability to deal with his anxiety and emotional scars and his denial at not being the cool, together guy all the time.

The fact that this metaphor escaped me until you pointed this out to me kind of worked wonders for the song as a whole since it made me listen to it plenty more times in order to understand it better. The combination of a slightly unfathomable metaphor that gives an incredible depth and complexity to the lyrics and the very generic and simple old school heavy rock sound works wonders for representing Tony Stark.

I like to think of it as the lyrics mirroring Tony as being the split and confused personality he eventually becomes, while the music is the image of him being human still, just as simple as the rest of us. When I think of it this way the song makes perfect sense.

I can't say that I found it as catchy as "Doorfighter" or clever as "Khajiit Like to Sneak," and it didn't impress me as much as "Joker's Song," but I was singing parts of this song for an hour after it finished, so you definitely did it right.

Gavin, you've done it again, this is truly another great tune!

Goddammit Gavin. You continue to outperform yourself.

I was kind of expecting something more emotional like Rise but this is still good anyway.

The solo was fuckin rad, especially from a guy who once said he couldn't play guitar solos. ;)

OOOOH YEAH BABY! Now we're talking, this is MY kind of stuff. This is really the type of sound that I dig, AC/DC ish with a little of Twisted Sister. Ummm! This is so great! The lyrics are also written in that kind of style but you BRILLIANTLY found a way to make them talk both about Iron-Man being a badass and Tony Stark's denial and escapism from the reality that he is not as great as he would like to think he is. My god Gav, I. LOVE. THIS!!!!!!

Love the new track, keep 'em coming fella!

ninjaRiv:
It's very reminiscent of Black Sabbath's Iron Man but it's still its own song. Sounds like it should be on the Iron Man 3 soundtrack.

Oddly enough it sounds very influence by Zakk Wylde, Ozzy's guitarist of recent years....

At any rate, sounds good, keep it up :D

Yep, AC/DC. Well done Gavin, really well done.

That intro is so sabbathy.

soren7550:
This song has given me such an insatiable urge to go rewatch Iron Man and The Avengers, and to go see Iron Man 3. I hope you're happy.

+1

I'm in the same boat here. Guess my tomorrow is already decided for me.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here