Trailers: The Last of Us - Gameplay Footage

The Last of Us - Gameplay Footage

Watch as Joel and Ellie fight their way through zombies in the latest footage from The Last of Us.

Watch Video

Joel still looks like Nathan Drake from behind :( It bothers me

It's a weirdly disjointed section of footage (is there some plot thing being hidden?) but it does a good job of showing how the game seems like it will work, even if it doesn't seem to sell the game. That fight in the middle was impressive though. Some really clever AI or enemy scripting

EDIT: Okay so it's the footage taken for the preview? Fair enough

I had to enter my age to see that, and now I feel old :(

Oh yeah, looks pretty good...um...am I obliged to make a joke about female gamers not being allowed to watch it or something?

Looks beautiful, but not very fun to play.

Glad to see Ellie is following the Elizabeth school of NCP support and fucking right off when the shooting starts.

Anoni Mus:

Fun... there's a term I always found confusing when people talk about survival horror. 'Fun' is not the term you should be looking for in this genre. Tense. Engaging. Emotional. Terrifying. Those are the words I'm looking for. Rummaging for supplies, conserving ammo, sneaking or otherwise avoiding enemies, dying a LOT to find the best way out of a situation... that's survival horror.

The only way survival horror should be 'fun' is if fun=scarey for you. And the people who don't care for the game style either don't care for survival horror, or are too young to remember what survival horror really was like back in the day.

(Get off mah lawn)

Quiotu:

Anoni Mus:

Fun... there's a term I always found confusing when people talk about survival horror. 'Fun' is not the term you should be looking for in this genre. Tense. Engaging. Emotional. Terrifying. Those are the words I'm looking for. Rummaging for supplies, conserving ammo, sneaking or otherwise avoiding enemies, dying a LOT to find the best way out of a situation... that's survival horror.

The only way survival horror should be 'fun' is if fun=scarey for you. And the people who don't care for the game style either don't care for survival horror, or are too young to remember what survival horror really was like back in the day.

(Get off mah lawn)

ZombiU is fun, and that was a good survival game.

Fun for me is not necessarily laughs.

Did you see the prex x quickly? That's the opposite of fun gameplay.

Anoni Mus:

Quiotu:

Anoni Mus:

(Get off mah lawn)

When they find a better mechanic for struggling than mashing buttons, you let me know.

Quiotu:

Anoni Mus:

Quiotu:

(Get off mah lawn)

When they find a better mechanic for struggling than mashing buttons, you let me know.

Then don't put struggling in games.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here