Geekend Update: Turtle Spies, Spacewalks, and Ancient Plagues

Turtle Spies, Spacewalks, and Ancient Plagues

Your weekly look at the most interesting science stories in the ever-expanding universe.

For more on the stories this week, you can read about Turtle Spies, Spacewalks, and Ancient Plagues.

To submit your favorite science stories or intro suggestions, send us an email here: GeekendUpdate@escapistmag.com

Watch Video

Don't worry about Spacewalks so much Ashley, Sandra Bullock just got dizzy because she's so used to having the world revolve around her.

Yeah I don't think we need another outbreak of the Black Death.

As long as no one looses a half million dollar bag of tools, its a successful spacewalk.

I'm on to you Ashley. Your cold robotic eyes and HK-47 snark likely mean you are working on plague spreading robots.

For real though I'm loving the show.

Hey! New transitions! I think these work well. :)

On turtles: slow and steady does not win the arms race.

Add a little ooze and you have the coolest spies ever.

...perhaps not the most effective though.

ellers07:
Add a little ooze and you have the coolest spies ever.

...perhaps not the most effective though.

I reeeally tried to work in a TMNT joke, and I just couldn't find the right one!

Evil Smurf:
I'm on to you Ashley. Your cold robotic eyes and HK-47 snark likely mean you are working on plague spreading robots.

For real though I'm loving the show.

Excellent, meatbag~

Turtlespionage!

Wouldn't someone in North Korea notice the turtle? It's not exactly the most inconspicuous thing ever.

Waitwaitwait.....
No mention that the plague of justinian preumalby birthed our favourite plaguefather, Nurgle? I'm severly disappointed.

Also: Surveillance turtle is best turtle.

It sucks that the Escapist was down for 7 or so hours when the show was released Saturday. Still, I'm glad to get my Geekend Update fix even if it's a day late.

"Suck it Rabbit!"

Real turtles wouldn't need laser eyes, Ashley. Real turtles come after you with lightsabers!

Copper Zen:
It sucks that the Escapist was down for 7 or so hours when the show was released Saturday. Still, I'm glad to get my Geekend Update fix even if it's a day late.

"Suck it Rabbit!"

Real turtles wouldn't need laser eyes, Ashley. Real turtles come after you with lightsabers!

Haha, oh my god. That is amazing. How have I never seen that until today?

Must be so annoying to the turtle "Wha- where did this obstacle come from? Oh well, I'll just go around it" x ∞

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here