Trailers: Batman: Arkham Origins - Trailer

Batman: Arkham Origins - Trailer

Batman meets an assassin hell-bent on helping him shuffle off this mortal coil.

Watch Video

Looks decent; here's hoping they don't save Robin for DLC again. I'd like to see him in the main storyline.

Also, I hope they've got a really good story, otherwise we end up in the same city fighting the same criminals.

I preferred Slade when he was an insidious criminal mastermind with vaguely/entirely unknown goals and an ominous sexy voice.

I think at some point they'll need to drop the Arkham from the title. I know that's how people have been able to "recognize" these games as a series, but they're already running out of ways to justify having it in the title. Arkham City was a stretch, and Origins I imagine will have you first meeting the Joker who will end up in Arkham Asylum?

Thunderous Cacophony:
Looks decent; here's hoping they don't save Robin for DLC again. I'd like to see him in the main storyline.

Also, I hope they've got a really good story, otherwise we end up in the same city fighting the same criminals.

Considering the time period it's encompassing I doubt he'll make an appearance, hell I doubt even Oracle will make an appearance. Early days, it's just Batman vs. the world.

Jabberwock King:
I preferred Slade when he was an insidious criminal mastermind with vaguely/entirely unknown goals and an ominous sexy voice.

I am not familiar with the comics but is this the same guy from the island in Arrow fighting Batman?
If so they should have just made an Arrow game instead of this because that is way more interesting than Batman, mostly because Arrow is more human and has to answer to people other than his butler and the police don't call him "Sir".

shephardjhon:

Jabberwock King:

I am not familiar with the comics but is this the same guy from the island in Arrow fighting Batman?
If so they should have just made an Arrow game instead of this because that is way more interesting than Batman, mostly because Arrow is more human and has to answer to people other than his butler and the police don't call him "Sir".

I don't know too much about comics at all actually. I mean, my description of Slade comes from the Teen Titans cartoon, and I know that show took liberties with the material. So I know jack shit.

shephardjhon:

Jabberwock King:

Theoretically. Slade, better known as Deathstroke is a long time villain, nemesis of the Teen Titans, but also a mercenary who will work for anyone willing to pay him.

The version out of Arrow, is a weak sauce bastardisation of a great character. An to be fair Arrow is a weak sauce version of the character Green Arrow.

As for why they are not making an Arrow game, its pretty simple: Because Arrow is a flash in the pan, that likely will not last & will be relegated to the vault of failed attempts to make a gritty super hero tv show, along with The Flash.

Plus, people actually give a shit about Batman... A cheap Batman knock off, not so much so.

Cute cutscene. Where's the gameplay?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here